Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTD_Parking

What are the chances that the company could re-introduce never-expiring tickets as a means to create revenue for the parks while still on shutdown? Make it profitable for the present and the future by requiring a on-property resort stay be linked to the passes in order for them to be used. Perks like extra fastpasses per day could sweeten the deal, and those who have the money to invest in a future trip now could benefit from lower ticket prices than will be offered in later years.

ImperfectPixie

The handkerchief , if tied correctly, is probably just as effective as the pictured face masks. It's just not disposable, but can be washed and reused. Might also keep people away from you. But could make cashiers nervous. ;)
I actually asked a dept manager at our local supermarket what she thought the reaction would be to bandannas because I hadn't seen anyone wearing one of them specifically. A few surgical masks here and there, but few and far between. She said no one would bat an eye. (We're not really handkerchief people, but hubby has lots of bandannas.)

Logan L

I am thinking along the lines of an opening anywhere from early June to the beginning of July. To say any longer, is just unrealistic. The park’s will be open in some shape or form by then. At first I thought that the people who said a June or July opening were out of their minds. In fact, if you look at the scientific evidence, it all points to that or later. I firmly believe that now. All of The people booking fall trips need to take into account that this is probably going to resurge in the fall. Dr Fauci said that he is ”Almost positive“ that it will resurge. It probably won’t be as bad because we will know how to treat it better. There is still a possibility that the parks may close again in the fall this year until things calm down then. We had a trip scheduled on April 28-May 5. We scheduled that before Coronavirus was even a thing. We then rescheduled to the first weekend in May, but we realized that that too was not going to happen. As of now, we have not rescheduled a trip yet, but we are looking to go shortly after the parks fully open. Am I betting June first, no. I think a more realistic estimate would be around the 14th of June. Phased opening for Florida residents who are AP’s May happen before then. Theme parks along with bars and restaurants will probably be lower on the list to open up the soonest. I think Disney is trying to open up the soonest they can, when they deem it safe. People saying that Disney is not going to open until the risk of contracting COVID-19 is zero, clearly don’t understand that if that were to happen, then Disney would never open up again. Even if there is an effective vaccine for this virus, that doesn’t mean that there is zero risk of contracting it. It is here, and it is staying for the foreseeable future.There is Also NO way on earth that Disney could sanitize and clean all commonly touched surfaces in their parks. Think about it, there is safety restraints, lap bars, ride vehicles, touchscreens, kiosks, restrooms, tables, doors, the list could literally be a mile long. There is also no good way that they could keep people 6 feet apart. Restrooms, entering and exiting the park, and biggest of all, lines and attraction queues. They can’t have virtual queues for every ride and line. The people that are waiting would still have to be somewhere, and that place is the rest of the park, along with everyone else who is there. That brings another issue, park capacity, they would have to reduce park capacity down to 30-40% of what it normally is to be effective. Even if they were open, most people would want to just hold out until it is fully and really open. That is why it is not opening in the next 5-7 weeks. I think that they would have to do a soft opening of some sort like mentioned above. Some things look good on the drawing board, but they May not always work. They aren’t just going to wing it, and that is why a soft opening is necessary to Ensure the safety of the guests and cast members. Again these guidelines could and probably will change in between now and the time June rolls around. Trust me, I want the parks to open, like really really Bad, but I don’t want them to risk anyone’s health, safety, or life. These next few weeks before and after the peak are crucial to having anything start to open up. But in the meantime, the country must start to open up and Disney will open up. If they do close, and a trip is booked then, waiting until 2021 is probably a better idea. This could also affect the holiday crowd, making that time less crowded. AP’s will be the first people that Disney opens up to, international or even domestic travel is pretty much dead as of now.

DisneyDoctor

So far the dumbest glove related thing I've seen is a guy standing outside at a shopping center, wearing gloves and smoking a cigarette. Hello! If you get virus on your gloves, using them to hold a cigarette and bring it up to your mouth kind of defeats the purpose!
I understand that some people don’t have experience with gloves, but at some point common sense has to prevail, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom