Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

Then we should do the same for the flu, every season.

The main difference right now is that there is a flu vaccine available that reduces the risk for people in the higher-risk categories. And no, it's not 100% effective because of variations in the strains that are more widespread from year to year - but it's more protection than is available for COVID-19.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I know. I'll just leave that to the expert...

mr-whipple-gif.gif
TP Is that a friend of yours? Too funny...… I had forgotten all about Mr. Whipple...…🤣 my that seems such the small package compared to what is available today.....🧐

Last edited:

TP2000

TP Is that a friend of yours? Too funny...… I had forgotten all about Mr. Whipple...…🤣 my that seems such the small package compared to what is available today.....🧐

It's hard to even find toilet paper that comes in a 4-roll pack now, they all seem to start at 6-rolls and go upward into the dozens. I have no idea what that is about, but I can only guess that it's because more people don't buy Kleenex or use handkerchiefs anymore, and are using the toilet paper for a wide variety of uses.

I also just remembered that toilet paper used to come in various shades, often baby blue or light pink or pale yellow or misty green. You were encouraged to buy the shade that complemented your bathroom decor. Why the heck did that stop?!?

I'm still amazed at the panic buying of dozens of rolls of toilet paper at Costco. I just have absolutely no idea what those folks think is going to happen, even in a worst case scenario, that they feel that will help them. But it's really quite funny to watch! And does no one have Amazon Prime?!?

matt9112

Actually...they are saying that the Chinese crisis started the free fall...

Then the Russians refused to drop production to go after North American frackers (PLEASE do!)...then the saudis went after the Russians for not lowering production.

Largest drop in price ever and the last time it was close was during desert storm

Gas prices are 2.04 across orlando now....oh man i want sub 2 dollar gas (granted my cars run 93) nothing like burning the good old dinosaur juice.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gas prices are 2.04 across orlando now....oh man i want sub 2 dollar gas (granted my cars run 93) nothing like burning the good old dinosaur juice.
Heard some chatter about that today...

Smart prediction right now - subject to change - is that gas prices are gonna drop big by summer but the lack of product demand predicted won’t allow it to matter.

If any of the airlines are still in business by then...maybe southwest will lower a one way fare below $284 again? 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Anyone see how the markets did today?

Anyone see what media conglomerate lost 10% ($11 a share)?

Down 39 bucks in 3 weeks...27%

The moral of the story is you cannot intelligently judge a leisure/travel operation outside of the market. The whole always determined the parts in this type of business

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

Nubs70

It's hard to even find toilet paper that comes in a 4-roll pack now, they all seem to start at 6-rolls and go upward into the dozens. I have no idea what that is about, but I can only guess that it's because more people don't buy Kleenex or use handkerchiefs anymore, and are using the toilet paper for a wide variety of uses.

I also just remembered that toilet paper used to come in various shades, often baby blue or light pink or pale yellow or misty green. You were encouraged to buy the shade that complemented your bathroom decor. Why the heck did that stop?!?

I'm still amazed at the panic buying of dozens of rolls of toilet paper at Costco. I just have absolutely no idea what those folks think is going to happen, even in a worst case scenario, that they feel that will help them. But it's really quite funny to watch! And does no one have Amazon Prime?!?
Why did colored tp stop?

Because dye is freaking expensive
Because pre 58 dyes are kind of nasty things in respect to Prop 65 legislation
Most importantly, it all comes out brown in the end.

Think of the millions of dollars of equipment and the engineering degrees that go into a product that goes into a product that is run up your buttcrack and flushed down the toilet.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Oh YES! While my Mother never bought the colored....likely it was 20 cents more expensive....Not only were they to compliment the bathrooms, I suspect they were to compliment the toilet/tub/sink craze that was the rage in the 1950's. Yes under peeling coats of white is my 1950's pale yellow tub(and it's days are numbered), my neighbor had pale pink, and I have spotted a pale blue toilet out by the curb in my area. (NOTE TO MENTION these beauties lasted up to 60 years!!!! )😳No green that I can recall observing, but there you go. Now we all choose safe choice of white to not commit! 😉 And now we can pay for just about any image on custom TP....money etc.😁 And while I have not succumbed to the TP panic.....I did in fact make sure mine was still available on Amazon Prime....and sighed a breath of relief that it was....😌. I guess TP in the hand beats the uncertainty that Amazon truck will be hijacked!!!!😲

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

Oh YES! While my Mother never bought the colored....likely it was 20 cents more expensive....Not only were they to compliment the bathrooms, I suspect they were to compliment the toilet/tub/sink craze that was the rage in the 1950's. Yes under peeling coats of white is my 1950's pale yellow tub(and it's days are numbered), my neighbor had pale pink, and I have spotted a pale blue toilet out by the curb in my area. (NOTE TO MENTION these beauties lasted up to 60 years!!!! )😳No green that I can recall observing, but there you go. Now we all choose safe choice of white to not commit! 😉 And now we can pay for just about any image on custom TP.....including image of that man in the white house.....with matching toilet bowl scrubber(to make your toilet great again)....money etc.😁 And while I have not succumbed to the TP panic.....I did in fact make sure mine was still available on Amazon Prime....and sighed a breath of relief that it was....😌. I guess TP in the hand beats the uncertainty that Amazon truck will be hijacked!!!!😲
My mom had the green until just recently, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom