Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

Gas prices are 2.04 across orlando now....oh man i want sub 2 dollar gas (granted my cars run 93) nothing like burning the good old dinosaur juice.

You're lucky, the cheapest gas here in OC is $3.29, but the stations all around Disneyland are closer to $4.00 for 87 octane. 91 octane (the highest octane available in California) is well above $4.00 a gallon today. The gas taxes in California are insane.

This oil price crash reminds me of 1985 when the oil prices crashed suddenly and dramatically, destroying the budget of the Soviet Union which began its weakening immediately and then downfall five years later. There's always silver linings when the price of oil crashes like this, most oil exporting nations are rather crummy and corrupt, and I can't wait to watch this play out!

And that's also why the bounce back from this by summer is going to be fast and very robust, I truly believe. The fundamentals are so sound and the price of living is declining with the oil price, so tourism and travel will bounce back quickly, especially in the USA. Which also reminds me of the mid 1980's when there was a couple of high profile airplane bombings that had Americans cancelling their European vacations in droves. They stayed home and did See America First! vacations instead. Another silver lining for the good old USA.

It's surprising how much optimism you can find in all this panic, if you know where to look. :)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
First:
That's an estimate - and no one really knows.
Estimates can be way off.
In any event...
Some 500, 000 people die from hear attacks annually in the US.
I'm far more concerned about that.

And car crashes and pedestrian accidents and accidents in the home and gun violence and whatever. You know, I find it funny that whenever something like this comes about, we're reminded of all the other ways to die.

You're not "concerned" about anything except throwing shade.

Lirael

Kinda wish people could agree neither extreme ("just a flu" vs "the world is ending") is good and we should all just stand in the middle ("this isn't as benign as the flu so we should take measures against it, but not lose our minds")

Edit: and I find "I don't care about this because I'm not a at risk person" very selfish. It's fine to not be worried because you aren't at risk, but not caring about it, when people are dying from this? Don't worry for yourself, but have some empathy

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Lilofan

Anyone see how the markets did today?

Anyone see what media conglomerate lost 10% ($11 a share)?

Down 39 bucks in 3 weeks...27%

The moral of the story is you cannot intelligently judge a leisure/travel operation outside of the market. The whole always determined the parts in this type of business

Having one's 401K crushed in the last week is an understatement.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Fox News' front page. I guess I spoke incorrectly! With liberty and clickbait for all.

Untitleds.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom