Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yesterday in NJ it was 60s and sunny, and people were out there. The social distancing is definitely starting to relax, I saw more multigenerational gatherings then I have seen in a month combined.

Here’s my theory on why.....

In NJ we are being told we have to keep this way of life going for several weeks, and we have heard that message for several weeks already. Well, when there’s no leadership, and no plan in place to take us out of this, people will just start to take it into their own hands.

It’s starting to reach a boiling point here, and unless there’s a clear plan soon, people are going to simply start ignoring the rules in place completely.
More fool them. Sadly.

eduardz

No.

Social distancing and new regulations are expected for quite some time.

That's impossible, it could last at maximum 2 months but not till we get a vaccine or next year, otherwise entertainment and tourism industry could not be able to work so it is impossible to last more than 2 months with social distancing, it is crazy to say it will be lifted till we get the vaccine if we don't even know if there will be one!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's impossible, it could last at maximum 2 months but not till we get a vaccine or next year, otherwise 75% of the entertainment industry could not be able to work so it is impossible to last more than 2 months with social distancian, it is crazy to say it will be lifted till we get the vaccine if we don't even know if there will be one!
No, it isn’t. But I don’t make the rules.

DisneyDoctor

That's impossible, it could last at maximum 2 months but not till we get a vaccine or next year, otherwise entertainment and tourism industry could not be able to work so it is impossible to last more than 2 months with social distancing, it is crazy to say it will be lifted till we get the vaccine if we don't even know if there will be one!
Try not to mix your subjective feelings towards social distancing with objective truth.

I’m sick of distancing myself from family and friends. But, I’m in no hurry to sit in a packed movie theater bumping arms with strangers.

DisneyDebRob

I’m not saying it’s wrong or right. I go back and forth with this. I understand people being cooped up, wanting to go out. I understand businesses, well some anyway, heard many say it’s to early, wanting to open up. We are a social people all over the world, not only here in the states.
I also see the side wanting everything to be safe before we move forward. Not wanting our family or friends to be sick, or possibly die. I worry about my parents as most do here if your still lucky to have them around.
Then I here the healthcare workers pleading not to reopen yet. I hear many businesses saying the same thing, that if the people aren’t coming out because of their concerns of safety , they would rather stay shut because they won’t last anyway with little profit. I hear veterans saying they gave years for this country at war and people are complaining about being inside for a month or little more and they can’t being cooped up anymore. That’s the one that really gets to me.
Don’t come to me for answers, I don’t have them only opinions. But deep down I think a month or two isn’t that long, maybe a bit more to get back to where we all want to be.

eduardz

Social distancing is different than stay at home orders. In the May/June timeframe most states will move into the first phase of re-opening which in most cases will involve lifting the stay at home orders and slowly starting to re-open some non-essential businesses. In PA where I live the equivalent of phase 1 includes opening some non-essential businesses under strict social distancing. Retail stores will be required to still limit the number of customers in and masks will be recommended. Construction work, elective medical procedures and office buildings will be allowed to re-open but businesses have to follow rules on social distancing and other recommendations. Restaurants and bars are still take out or delivery only and public gatherings are still banned. In the next phase restaurants and bars re-open under capacity limitations some public gatherings are allowed but still with a limit on people and some additional requirements for other businesses are loosened. It’s not until the final phase that social distancing is lifted. Although the federal guidelines say at a minimum 2 weeks between phases it will be up to the states to decide how long based on case load. FL and CA still haven‘t announced formal plans but they should have them out soon.

As far as WDW there was a post from an insider on the other thread laying out some of the requirements if the parks were to open in phase 2. The international parks are already looking at setting up social distancing for queues, temp checks at the gates and other new safety protocols. Universal sent out a lengthy survey asking about a lot of the same steps they are considering. If Disney and Universal want to open their parks in June I don’t see how there is not some kind of social distancing involved. They could wait until we are well into phase 3 to open, but that may not even be this summer. I think it’s unlikely that WDW waits until the fall or the end of the year to open without social distancing. They will likely open sooner with an alternate experience plan like the ones discussed here.

Exactly but Phase 3 cannot last too much, it is impossible for the economy and people to work under social distancing, I think it will last at maximum 2 months, they cannot wait till we get a vaccine because there will may not have a vaccine!

I think all the people are in panic because we don't have anything to do in our houses and start to develop some kind of
delusion of persecution and since we heard news that not even the heat can kill it, or that even the people cured from COVID can get it again, and that it attack now babies, kids and teenagers, and many other exceptions, that makes COVID look like a virus that cannot be controled or killed with any mean! That's not true! A lot of the news are fake or speculations!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Try not to mix your subjective feelings towards social distancing with objective truth.

I’m sick of distancing myself from family and friends. But, I’m in no hurry to sit in a packed movie theater bumping arms with strangers.
There’s a big gap between those two things. Also, I highly doubt anyone will be at your house with a straight jacket forcing you into a movie theater. So you can always opt out of that.

Incomudro

It's entirely possible the new normal will indeed be times of open business, times of closed business. Think of jobs that are seasonal - people hired for a chunk of time only. I lived in a coastal New England town that thrived in the summer - and people I knew worked made as much money as they could during tourist season in order to carry them through the winter.

Not saying every business model will be set up this way, but in an age of uncertainty, being able to be more fluid will separate the wheat from the chaff (or whatever the old saying goes).

Did I mention that everyone I knew in that coastal New England town had a full liquor bar in their houses to get them through the winter? Just sayin. ;)

You live in a JAWS town.

Jrb1979

Then it has to last till we get a vaccine, so maybe never, maybe we will live in our houses as hermits!
Social distancing is not the same as stay at home. Social distancing means staying 6ft away from people. They will relax how many can be in groups but large gatherings are a long ways away. Here in Canada all fairs, concerts and large events are cancelled for the rest of the year.

eduardz

What about when you’ve already been locked down for 2 months. Is another 2 months no big deal? What about 4 after that? At what point does the lockdown become a big deal?

Good answer!! People think 2 months is not long enogh but as you say, we've been already locked down for 2 months!

eduardz

Social distancing is not the same as stay at home. Social distancing means staying 6ft away from people. They will relax how many can be in groups but large gatherings are a long ways away. Here in Canada all fairs, concerts and large events are cancelled for the rest of the year.
I know but the point is that we cannot live with social distancing, why? because you cannot control people beinig 6ft away from you, if you take a train, airplane, subway, etc and during peak hours it will be impossible! that's only an example but analyse your daily activites and you will be surprised on how much social distancing will make life impossible to live.

Jrb1979

I know but the point is that we cannot live with social distancing, why? because you cannot control people beinig 6ft away from you, if you take a train, airplane, subway, etc and during peak hours it will be impossible! that's only an example but analyse your daily activites and you will be surprised on how much social distancing will make life impossible to live.
That's where the masks come in. In places where you can't be separated by 6 ft masks will have to worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom