Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As expected, Ohio just closed schools for the rest of the year. My daughter had held out some hope. Distance learning has been okay (I'd give it a "C"), but she desperately misses her friends, most of whom she hasn't seen in 5 weeks.
I’m hoping my kids go back 5/15...but it’s unlikely. My state is yielding to New York.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The wait Disney company is publicly traded with the goal of maximum profit at near all costs.

How does that relate? We don’t talk about it nearly enough.
So if you don’t highlight “haterrtis’”, maybe it won’t happen? 🤫
But did you or do still support such a company that will maximize profit at near all costs? ;)

bryanfze55

Might be clickbait but the thought of them closing until 2021 would really suck.

It’s not clickbait - but it is just the opinion of one run-of-the-mill financial analyst who’s statistically unlikely to be anything more than mediocre at picking stocks.

Lilofan

Might be clickbait but the thought of them closing until 2021 would really suck.

In the next CEO / CFO Disney / Wall Street Public conference call there are number of Wall Street folks on the conference call with Bob during his talk on the company and during Q&A. Surely some tough questions will be asked to Bob on what Disney's painful road to recovery will look like.

Patcheslee

As expected, Ohio just closed schools for the rest of the year. My daughter had held out some hope. Distance learning has been okay (I'd give it a "C"), but she desperately misses her friends, most of whom she hasn't seen in 5 weeks.
Are the cutting the required school days for this year? Indiana waived 20 days so now last day is May 7th, no Monday or Friday Elearning. They would have been going until May 22nd before.

Lilofan

It’s not clickbait - but it is just the opinion of one run-of-the-mill financial analyst who’s statistically unlikely to be anything more than mediocre at picking stocks.
The two groups that the CEO of any publicly traded company 👄👄 up to are Wall Street professionals that cover the stock and company shareholders.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are the cutting the required school days for this year? Indiana waived 20 days so now last day is May 7th, no Monday or Friday Elearning. They would have been going until May 22nd before.
They really should...I’m all for home instruction but there is a tipping point where it actually becomes an economic liability

thomas998

The goal of contact testing isn’t to capture every single person who was possibly exposed its to contact the most likely candidates. Anyone the infected person had direct contact with. This isn’t a new concept. Contact testing has been common practice with infectious diseases historically. If each infected person infects 3 additional people then if you can isolate 2 of them that’s a 2/3 reduction in the spread. It’s not going to catch everyone but it significantly reduces the outbreak.

On the app, thats not how it works. It doesn’t use GPS data. It uses Bluetooth. Each person who has the app is assigned a unique identifier that is meaningless to any outsider. Whenever you come within the programmed distance of another user your app will collect that unique identifier. That list is stored for a programmed number of days (let’s say 14 days for example). If within those 14 days someone tests positive for the virus they change their status to infected and then all the people who’s phones have the positive person’s unique identifier stored will get a notification that they need to get tested. The person who gets the notification won’t know who or where or when they came in contact. The intent is to keep it anonymous. Then all the people who got alerts get tested and any who are positive change their status and the whole thing starts over. You are going to get a lot of negative tests but that’s OK. The point is to try to isolate people as soon as possible rather than waiting until they have symptoms.
And if it is not using GPS and only bluetooth then it is a completely meaningless system. The sick person walks into a supermarket and coughs... He leaves... Now for the next few hours anyone that walks through the area where he coughed is potentially infected but because he left before they arrived their bluetooth never connected... If that is the system they invision then it will be completely worthless. You might as well go back to asking the sick person who the spoke with if this is the system they are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom