Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is tough to read, but important to realize what is happening in NYC.

So bad of the NYPost... 'to begin'

This is contingency planning being sensationalized... :(

DisneyCane

I thought you said Florida turned the corner on Saturday?
First, what does that have to do with what percentage of the population has an asymptomatic case?

Second, I would think somebody who considers themselves one of the "intelligent voices in the room" would have the reading comprehension level of at least a third grader.

I said that the new case curve in Florida looked to be flattening. It does. After a jump from Thursday to Friday there was a small increase from Friday to Saturday and then a drop from Saturday to Sunday.

I never said anything about "turning the corner." I specifically said it wasn't on a downslope but that it was a glimmer of hope.

Maybe a picture would be better for you. I tried to find the coloring book version but Amazon was out of stock. The last bar in the chart is the incomplete current day data.
Screenshot_20200406-120107~2.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Im just excited for some levity. Behind the scenes Gaga has been working hard, has raised over 35 million dollars, and is organizing this concert not as a fundraiser, they will not accept money during it. But as a moment to lift spirits and highlight the kindness being spread globally.
I do have a soft spot for lady Gaga, which you would say is weird if you knew me in real life.

ImperfectPixie

Just to clarify. I went back and carefully listened to his answer. He wasn't saying 25-50% of the population has had it. He was saying that 25-50% of cases are asymptomatic. Basically, there are 1.5 to 2 times the cases vs. confirmed cases.

He also said it was an estimate and that they don't have any scientific data yet but will once the antibody test rolls out.
Ahhh...thank you. I really hope they make tests more widely available...like seasonal flu test available.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
First, what does that have to do with what percentage of the population has an asymptomatic case?

Second, I would think somebody who considers themselves one of the "intelligent voices in the room" would have the reading comprehension level of at least a third grader.

I said that the new case curve in Florida looked to be flattening. It does. After a jump from Thursday to Friday there was a small increase from Friday to Saturday and then a drop from Saturday to Sunday.

I never said anything about "turning the corner." I specifically said it wasn't on a downslope but that it was a glimmer of hope.

Maybe a picture would be better for you. I tried to find the coloring book version but Amazon was out of stock. The last bar in the chart is the incomplete current day data.View attachment 461410
...you took the bait on that one. Now I have to clean this damn trap 😡

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's impossible to run WDW with social distancing. You can't get tens of thousands of people into a park and maintain six feet between everyone. A queue with a hundred people becomes six hundred feet. You can't wipe down omnimovers, so, they'd all be closed. Wiping down everything else between rides would make those attractions run at 10% capacity. You would only be able to fill theaters to 20% capacity. And you can't wipe down constantly every railing in every queue or every counter after every customer at QS. WDW's transportation would be hobbled.

There's no going back to WDW while social distancing is still in place.

1586189237194.png

And - The Legoland version

1586189295374.png

Polynesia

It's impossible to run WDW with social distancing. You can't get tens of thousands of people into a park and maintain six feet between everyone. A queue with a hundred people becomes six hundred feet. You can't wipe down omnimovers, so, they'd all be closed. Wiping down everything else between rides would make those attractions run at 10% capacity. You would only be able to fill theaters to 20% capacity. And you can't wipe down constantly every railing in every queue or every counter after every customer at QS. WDW's transportation would be hobbled.

There's no going back to WDW while social distancing is still in place.
I guess everything will have to stay shut down then until that time. You can’t go to a restaurant or the movies either. Even going to your office might be dangerous if you don’t have the appropriate space between desks. Unlike some on this board, I believe Disney will reopen by June or July.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ahhh...thank you. I really hope they make tests more widely available...like seasonal flu test available.
Testing is still insufficient...locally and nationally. Need to get their S$!^! Together on this now or they will have the disastrous recurrence. All the medical expertise agree on this. Both the screening and the blood test for exposure.

Florida - in particular - doesn’t have the faintest clue how many cases they have or frankly will have.

They’re testing the hell out of people in my area - hence large number of cases - but still don’t have enough capacity.

Looking at the charts are loaded or “unloaded” propositions in this context.

ImperfectPixie

Testing is still insufficient...locally and nationally. Need to get their S$!^! Together on this now or they will have the disastrous recurrence. All the medical expertise agree on this. Both the screening and the blood test for exposure.

Florida - in particular - doesn’t have the faintest clue how many cases they have or frankly will have.

They’re testing the hell out of people in my area - hence large number of cases - but still don’t have enough capacity.

Looking at the charts are loaded or “unloaded” propositions in this context.
Yup. It's been ticking me off since the get-go. I realize it takes time to design and produce tests, but get with the program!

DisneyCane

It's not some official group doing it. It's someone with a drone doing it because they can. Not NYPD/WHO/etc.
Of course they are probably violating the operating regulations by flying over crowds of people. It's hovering over the water but they have to get it back to land at some point.

JohnD

I would also shoot for fall to be safe. Even if it opens the end of May or June.. which in my opinion is still pushing it, don’t think there will be a whole lot to do. All guesses of course here . We are going thanksgiving and Just yesterday my wife asked if we should move it to next year. I said it will be fine by then but the more I sat here, just started thinking if it might not be a bad idea.

Thanks, I’ll reschedule when it becomes definite. And if “there is less to do” many others will have already rescheduled which would make my touring more efficient for what I can do.

ppete1975

im wondering, if they still run all the rides every day. If not especially the older rides id be afraid of even more issues than we were seeing before due to just sitting there, I know security and some staff is on site. Curious if they run everything just to keep it lubed and moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom