Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Post Corona life for my family is a whole new level awareness of cleanliness of surroundings and of ourselves. Disney is known for park and resort cleanliness and there are times where it is lacking in their daily operations. I believe it is going to be all hands on deck for cast members cleaning cleaning cleaning as you go, not just the cleaning cast members wearing the white costumes. It's expected and now will be demanded by guests moving forward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's tough for a lot of of folks to not know an end date/time. We have lived through intense hurricanes hiding in our walk in closet like the roof and parts of the house just peeling away in an intense hurricane howling scream that seemed like it would never end. But at least we knew there would be an end time/date when it would pass. Then we again would rebuild and restart our lives. But this unknown is really challenging to cope with.
I’m hoping the world is learning a good lesson as a side effect of this...to not be so impatient and greedy. We need it.
Just to clarify. I went back and carefully listened to his answer. He wasn't saying 25-50% of the population has had it. He was saying that 25-50% of cases are asymptomatic. Basically, there are 1.5 to 2 times the cases vs. confirmed cases.

He also said it was an estimate and that they don't have any scientific data yet but will once the antibody test rolls out.
I thought you said Florida turned the corner on Saturday? ...there, now I can move on 🤫
Seaworld CEO resigns -

Don’t go, Sergio! More on that below...
Blackfish almost killed SeaWorld. I really hope SeaWorld survives Corona......
I was gonna go over to Sesame when things loosen up and grab a platinum pass...so the CEO should wait until that cold hard cash is in the bank😉

Seriously though...AB parks are the nicest - my opinion - aside from Disney’s. That includes universal.

I thought the blackfish backlash was unfair. They made mistakes with the whales in a simpler time...they evolved as every business does. Yes, it’s inhumane - likely - to keep whales, dolphins and manatees in pens...but the amount of research and conservation efforts coming from sea world does a lot of good.
Walt Disney made a movie starring a slave...saludos amigos and 3 cabelleros are steeped in tropes.

Things change...just saying.
This may be a ridiculous question, but I'm wondering what are the odds Haunted Mansion stays closed for a while after the park reopens? It dawned on me yesterday that an attraction making light of death may be a bit inappropriate for a while. If some of the other indoor attractions are closed I suspect it could go down with those.
Shouldn’t you be asking yourself??!
I just read your article, “Latest COVID-19 models move the peak impacts in Florida to mid-April as Disney continues to look towards reopening”. I am really concerned about these types of posts especially from a group as respected as WDWMagic. I encourage people to remember that these are all “models” and they are frequently changing. It is also important to remember that what comes up and peaks needs to come down. I am concerned with these types of postings that people are not getting the true nature of this pandemic or the road back to some type of resumption of normalcy. This “model” is based off of current behavior. If people start behaving differently, the model will change yet again. As much as I am hoping that we can resume our trips to Disney as soon as possible, the Disney company as well as us all have a responsibility of addressing our entire population at this time...both in the US and globally.
Completely agree
Most posters know that these models are just that - models. Models that will change repeatedly before this is over.
Understood...but how long before the “I Want my Disney back!😡” comes out in force? And a month ago that happened on the front end and it was potentially dangerous at the time. Still is.

Rushing the opening under pressure would be the wrong move for Disney and for us...my opinion.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Post Corona life for my family is a whole new level awareness of cleanliness of surroundings and of ourselves. Disney is known for park and resort cleanliness and there are times where it is lacking in their daily operations. I believe it is going to be all hands on deck for cast members cleaning cleaning cleaning as you go, not just the cleaning cast members wearing the white costumes. It's expected and now will be demanded by guests moving forward.
Excellent point.

But for those that envision masks and wiping down of rides before you touch them stateside - i’d Advise you postpone your trip planning.
It’s not logistically realistic.

Club Cooloholic

Since we are trying to be optimistic, here are a few of my "silver linings" of this pandemic:

1) Social Distancing has given me an excuse to not have to visit, more challenging members of my family
2) I've realized the true value of lotion, as my hands are constantly raw now
3) Overall improved cleanliness from nearly everyone
4) I've learned to adapt to technology quicker
And I bet you are spending less too.

davis_unoxx

IMG_2177.JPG

The Mom

Premium Member
There are going to be a lot of a sweaty face masks. Average temps are low to mid 80s everyday in South Florida.

Unless someone is an essential worker, they aren't going to be wearing a mask for hours. Just during a quick trip to get groceries, medicine, on a walk, picking up take-out, etc. Then they are supposed to stay at home - which could include your yard as long as you aren't interacting with someone outside of your limited circle.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I bet you are spending less too.
Yeah...the pain is real and I’m not discounting this will go on for along time for many...some won’t recover...

I feel very lucky that I’ll come out if this in better shape (short term...investments are bad , but I was never silly enough to not recognize investments as ultimately a gamble.)

So I will support my travel suppliers - when the time is appropriate. As long as they recognize they have to give to let more people back into the game as well. What’s fair is fair. That treasury money that will eventually flow with no strings attached doesn’t mean charge me more and do stock buybacks Again.

Ok...what was the topic Again? 🤪

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unless someone is an essential worker, they aren't going to be wearing a mask for hours. Just during a quick trip to get groceries, medicine, on a walk, picking up take-out, etc. Then they are supposed to stay at home - which could include your yard as long as you aren't interacting with someone outside of your limited circle.
Agreed. We have a similar mask suggestion here in PA and for the first time since this started my wife was planning on wearing a mask to the grocery store later this week. Outside of that trip neither of us plans to be off the property so no need for masks. It’s not as hot up here so not as much of an issue but the masks are still not comfortable, especially for people who never wear them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My DCP was straight up just cancelled.
Sorry to hear...for you (I’m not a CP fan in principle)
FA (Fall Advantage)
what was your start date?
Same! I was supposed to arrive May 7th to be a lifeguard.... This tells you Disney is expecting to be closed through the Fall...
It tells you there’s no way they plan on opening typhoon or blizzard. I never saw a way they could to be honest.
Interesting and very troublesome from a member posting that their Disney College Program for 2020 Fall was just cancelled.
Yeah...we all will be looking over the next month/month and a half to connect the dots through the moves they make. My current theory is they view the entire year as basically lost...subject to change.

Disney Analyst

Sorry to hear...for you (I’m not a CP fan in principle)
what was your start date?

It tells you there’s no way they plan on opening typhoon or blizzard. I never saw a way they could to be honest.

Yeah...we all will be looking over the next month/month and a half to connect the dots through the moves they make. My current theory is they view the entire year as basically lost...subject to change.

I mean. They also cancelled the Cultural Rep program. The majority of the people working World Showcase are cultural rep... So they either aren’t reopening Epcot until they bring them all back... or they will be staffing the pavilions with American CM’s.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean. They also cancelled the Cultural Rep program. The majority of the people working World Showcase are cultural rep... So they either aren’t reopening Epcot until they bring them all back... or they will be staffing the pavilions with American CM’s.
I think the latter is possible.

I love the rep program - property wide but especially DAK and EPCOT - but you don’t NEED Canadians or Brits to run those pavilions.

I will miss the Norwegians though ☹️

Disney Analyst

I think the latter is possible.

I love the rep program - property wide but especially DAK and EPCOT - but you don’t NEED Canadians or Brits to run those pavilions.

I will miss the Norwegians though ☹

Of course you don’t, but I think it is what makes the pavilions special. But I think it hints at a longer time down then people think. Even if they transfer CM’s to the pavilions, they still have to facilitate and train.

Polynesia

Agreed. We have a similar mask suggestion here in PA and for the first time since this started my wife was planning on wearing a mask to the grocery store later this week. Outside of that trip neither of us plans to be off the property so no need for masks. It’s not as hot up here so not as much of an issue but the masks are still not comfortable, especially for people who never wear them.
[/QUOTE
I wore a mask to Publix on Sunday and I was sweating g by the time I left the store. It was early morning so it wasn’t the heat yet. The store was a bit warmer than usual I noticed. But I was ok with wearing it for that short period of time.

JohnD

Regarding the AP options, I just called and was told my payments have been put on hold as of yesterday and I would be able to make my choices at a later date. Telephone Cast Members cannot do that at this time. I advised them they should probably put that info on the WDW website. It would reduce the number of calls, like mine.

Lilofan

@WDW Pro mentioned talk was opening up parks slowly with Epcot being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom