Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
(Hotel) New York is not ready to open, and they’ve mothballed Newport in the past. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen again (or Sequoia mothballed since it’s begun an exterior refurb). Day visits to the parks are very popular. Or were. But you get the meaning. If anything I think you could draw parallels to DL, both of which I think will recover better (and quicker) than WDW. IMHO.
I think the access to Paris is definitely much easier than Florida...as you point out. The Anaheim correlation is a good one.

I just wonder if there will be any pause/resistance to traveling by rail or free movement? Europeans tend be much more resilient...so nothing would surprise me. We ‘Mericans tend not to recognize/respect that enough. Of course I’m not talking about the Brits or Irish...because you’re like...separate...or something?😎

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
What do you see happening with the new additions. I'd think something like Guardians (which is close) would continue forward. How about the EPCOT stuff? Is there a sentiment that it won't be to the scale originally announced? The new resort on the old River Country space? The Manatee Boutique hotel next to Swolphin?

I'm thinking most of this stuff is going to be impacted.

ImperfectPixie

Well...we all feed the “overconsumption society” to some extent...many much more guilty than others. I noticed the tone of that change in the 90’s around the dawn of the Internet age. The access to so much product/information really lead to “buy! Buy! Buy!” And the train of responsibility went completely off the rails.
This is such a complex problem how we arrived at this overconsumption throw away society it would warrant multiple college classes to cover all aspects of it. I can remember my grand parents a product of the depression saving everything nothing was wasted and this was imparted to my parents and transferred to me.
Planned obsolescence contributes in a big way. I can't think of any product on the market that is designed to last as long as possible anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What do you see happening with the new additions. I'd think something like Guardians (which is close) would continue forward. How about the EPCOT stuff? Is there a sentiment that it won't be to the scale originally announced? The new resort on the old River Country space? The Manatee Boutique hotel next to Swolphin?

I'm thinking most of this stuff is going to be impacted.
I’d guess:
1. Guardians slightly delayed but will continue
2. Spine work will continue but will probably be reduced in budget or scale
3. DVC mothballed or cancelled. Not the time to peddle timeshares and this was a largely bad idea anyway. And they haven’t sold the crappy Caribbean very well - as predicted.
4. They’ll complete the swolphin expansion...as it’s third party, half constricted, and meant to Serve mostly conventions...which may be an issue also. If it was being built by Disney I may question this.

Polynesia

Got some pretty dirty looks last night when I walked into the gas station to pick up milk wearing a face mask. 🤡
I went to our local Publix yesterday in Osceola county, Florida. Just about everyone had gloves on and about two thirds were wearing masks. Glad to see it’s being taken seriously in my area. Will be interesting to see if Disney allows cast members to wear gloves and masks. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that. I suspect many guests will come prepared.

John park hopper

I went to our local Publix yesterday in Osceola county, Florida. Just about everyone had gloves on and about two thirds were wearing masks. Glad to see it’s being taken seriously in my area. Will be interesting to see if Disney allows cast members to wear gloves and masks. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that. I suspect many guests will come prepared.
Glad people are wearing gloves and face masks hate to be negative but I think the average person doesn't know how to remove them so they don't spread contamination.

monykalyn

@PeoplemoverTTA hope your BiL is feeling better soon! I had a virus that acted like that in December- slept in guest room for a month to not keep hubs awake with coughing.

Planned obsolescence contributes in a big way. I can't think of any product on the market that is designed to last as long as possible anymore.
right? My fridge (Kenmore) is nearly 23 years old and will not quit! I want a new one so bad but can’t justify expense. The darn thing has been through 3 moves to different states too. And I think it’s haunted - ice machine randomly spits cubes out, or will only give ground ice for a while- almost always happens when I’ve been talking about how I want to replace it! HM likely only has 998 happy haunts...
Just replaced a washer and dryer last month after 21 years of no problems. I’m guessing these new ones will give me 5-7 years if I’m lucky.
Got my LG front loader wash and matching dryer 13 or 14 years ago and still works like new. The microwave that came with this (new at the time) house OTOH- am on the third in 10 years due to a recall on the first and manufacture defect on the second - hoping this one lasts for awhile- been 7 or 8 years now.
Our France trip was supposed to be mid May for two weeks- pushed it back to June but doubtful that is going to happen either. Original final payment for the DLP part is due in couple week & filled out the form on their website over a week ago and haven’t heard back.

As far as summer stuff- my middle kids UCF freshman orientation is all online/ virtual all summer. The graduating college senior was supposed to complete her geology field camp this summer staring in May, then was rescheduled to start in July- she got a notice last night they’ve been cancelled all summer. She needs it to graduate so don’t know what will happen now.
Husbands annual company meeting (this year in Vail CO) also cancelled yesterday -was in July.
So what do these people know that isn’t being stated outright publicly?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Glad people are wearing gloves and face masks hate to be negative but I think the average person doesn't know how to remove them so they don't spread contamination.
That goes for gloves as well. When i am waiting to get Mrs Ferret at the end of her shift it is mindboggling the number of people that exit her store with gloves on, then proceed to wear the same gloves as they , load the shopping , put on the seatbelt , start the car , chat on their mobile , then drive away both hands firmly on the wheel.

John park hopper

That goes for gloves as well. When i am waiting to get Mrs Ferret at the end of her shift it is mindboggling the number of people that exit her store with gloves on, then proceed to wear the same gloves as they , load the shopping , put on the seatbelt , start the car , chat on their mobile , then drive away both hands firmly on the wheel.
Mr Ferret I have seen the same thing it is scary how people have no concept of contamination control. I guess my background in microbiology and working with isotopes in research I'm overly careful and critical of others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom