Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

The modified park experience was not my idea. Comes from here:

The mask thing is new. Who knows how long it will last. By the time the parks open they could be back out of the suggestions. The long and short of it is they want to open right away it won’t be business as usual. If they don’t want to have a modified park experience then we could be looking at months before they come back :(
I also read about this. What I haven’t seen is anything on prices IF this all takes place. It’s a good bet something of this sort would be introduced for who knows how long. Have you seen or heard about admission?

celluloid

The modified park experience was not my idea. Comes from here:

The mask thing is new. Who knows how long it will last. By the time the parks open they could be back out of the suggestions. The long and short of it is they want to open right away it won’t be business as usual. If they don’t want to have a modified park experience then we could be looking at months before they come back :(

I would say you are right with by the time the parks open it will be a personal choice of respect/those with concerns. because even in the heat of it all it is not going to be able to be an everybody mandatory thing. Infants to toddlers and specials needs are not likely to keep a mask on. Then you have more risk of spreading symptoms because someone is constantly pulling at mask or taking it off and after touching their face, they will be spreading so if it was for not spreading asymptomatic reasons, it would not be worth their hassle.

I mean, they can't even get their security screenings to be conistant. It would be another PR thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I also read about this. What I haven’t seen is anything on prices IF this all takes place. It’s a good bet something of this sort would be to be introduced for who knows how long. Have you seen or heard about admission?
No word on prices. There will be some level of discounts going on plus the crowds should be low so that’s an advantage. I don‘t see them doing a permanent drop in ticket prices. Probably special offer discounts so they can end them as soon as demand increases enough. Hotels should be the deepest discounts. Not sure about park tickets.

DisneyDebRob

No word on prices. There will be some level of discounts going on plus the crowds should be low so that’s an advantage. I don‘t see them doing a permanent drop in ticket prices. Probably special offer discounts so they can end them as soon as demand increases enough. Hotels should be the deepest discounts. Not sure about park tickets.
I would think admission would have to be discounted and by a good bit. Just a guess here but if rides are limited.. restaurants capacity lower.. and possibly not all parks open or staggered schedule, I find it very hard to see people lining up to pay 100 bucks or more for that. People are complaining now( before this hit) about the prices and everything was open.

celluloid

Yeah, that sounds right to me. I imagine hotel rooms themselves and incentives for longer stays will see the steepest price drops, menus for resturants perhaps. The ticket prices I imagine will stay the same to keep the value they want to keep presented with(a return of the FL resident play 4 day type passes and such would be as you said the things I would put money on being most likely as far as ticket sales)

A lot of it will depend on how long the international travel ban will last as well.

Calmdownnow

I’m no statistician but I don’t need math to know I won’t last until August ;)
We all know that sometimes our leaders actually blurt out the truth, ie. repeating something they've seen on briefing notes without engaging their political judgement brain. I seem to recall the President about three weeks ago -- before his Easter prediction -- suggesting July/August as a date when infections might be reduced.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would say you are right with by the time the parks open it will be a personal choice of respect/those with concerns. because even in the heat of it all it is not going to be able to be an everybody mandatory thing. Infants to toddlers and specials needs are not likely to keep a mask on. Then you have more risk of spreading symptoms because someone is constantly pulling at mask or taking it off and after touching their face, they will be spreading so if it was for not spreading asymptomatic reasons, it would not be worth their hassle.

I mean, they can't even get their security screenings to be conistant. It would be another PR thing.
It would be a nightmare to enforce. Will they kick people out for not wearing masks? I doubt it. It’s possible they just hang their hat on the federal guideline which right now is a suggestion that people wear a mask in places where social distancing (6ft or more apart) isn’t practical. WDW would certainly fit that description but it’s optional and even the Pres says he won’t do it personally. I could just be a WDW suggestion. They have to navigate the line between doing enough to not seem negligent and keeping guests happy. Could you even imagine wearing a mask all day in Florida in August? On the flip side if there was a relapse of the virus and it somehow was shown to originate at a Disney park that would also be a train wreck. The parks could then be shuttered much longer and guests would be reluctant to return. It’s a tough call all around.

TrainsOfDisney

And in the lightning codes, CMs cannot ask you to remain outside. You can by choice, but you cannot be directed/instructed to remain in an outoor queue or area

Really? I was once told to do exactly that by a manager at dhs. I figured she couldn’t be right... I asked why I couldn’t stay where I was and she said “because of safety” which made no sense since going out into the street in lightning seemed more dangerous.

Lilofan

I would think admission would have to be discounted and by a good bit. Just a guess here but if rides are limited.. restaurants capacity lower.. and possibly not all parks open or staggered schedule, I find it very hard to see people lining up to pay 100 bucks or more for that. People are complaining now( before this hit) about the prices and everything was open.
Post Corona Disney is going to be challenging. It is going to hard to swallow paying $100 or more for a not fully operational park to possibly include no parades and fireworks. It doesn't cost Disney much but to waive the $25 dollar parking fee, offer free soft drinks during the day, could soften the blow but maybe not much.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We all know that sometimes our leaders actually blurt out the truth, ie. repeating something they've seen on briefing notes without engaging their political judgement brain. I seem to recall the President about three weeks ago -- before his Easter prediction -- suggesting July/August as a date when infections might be reduced.
I think what he meant was the curve would be flat and no new deaths by then. He didn’t articulate the point. I think we will all be “released on good behavior“ before the death count goes to zero, when is anyone’s guess

celluloid

Really? I was once told to do exactly that by a manager at dhs. I figured she couldn’t be right... I asked why I couldn’t stay where I was and she said “because of safety” which made no sense since going out into the street in lightning seemed more dangerous.

If you were blocking an exit that could of taken priority, but she should have asked you to leave the exit, not remain outside. But I am with you, I would have pointed to the sky and ignored the best I could while remaining under some cover. I had a manager at a major theme park I worked that encouraged people to remain out and inform guests we were closed for lighthning when the handbook says otherwise, so some managers, who have lived in Florida their entire life do not even realize that SWFL to Central Florida is esentially the lightning death capital of the world.

Your instincst were right. It is against safety protocal because if someone is outside and gets struck in an organized setting that the theme park had established and kept for guests to enter with no notice or sign of closure, huge liability.

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

A really good condensed chart that you can keep on your phone for handy quick referral. If anyone is interested.
View attachment 461027

Random, I know, but my allergies give me a sore throat all the time. Dripping and all that fun stuff!

But this is very helpful, thanks!

For my BIL with COVID-19, his biggest symptoms have been fatigue (debilitating), breathlessness (he said that when he lays down, he feels “waterlogged” and coughs like crazy), cough and body aches. His temperature fluctuates, but has not had a high fever. In our area, for some reason, they’ve said that no fever is quite common.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The flattened curve does not mean no new deaths, it just means that deaths are at the same level or slowing. Hitting the peak of deaths and then stabilizing at a level rate does not mean that the pandemic is over.
This is the model I think he was talking about. Shows July 16th new deaths at zero per day. I don’t disagree that the pandemic is not over. It won’t be completely over until we have a vaccine.

JoeCamel

Random, I know, but my allergies give me a sore throat all the time. Dripping and all that fun stuff!

But this is very helpful, thanks!

For my BIL with COVID-19, his biggest symptoms have been fatigue (debilitating), breathlessness (he said that when he lays down, he feels “waterlogged” and coughs like crazy), cough and body aches. His temperature fluctuates, but has not had a high fever. In our area, for some reason, they’ve said that no fever is quite common.
Your BIL sounds like what I had, nasty.

Calmdownnow

This is the model I think he was talking about. Shows July 16th new deaths at zero per day. I don’t disagree that the pandemic is not over. It won’t be completely over until we have a vaccine.
If you carry on scrolling to the bottom slide it shows a flattened curve with total deaths projected on May 22nd equaling 87,838, but total deaths projected for August 2nd at 93,531 and no projection beyond that date as yet. That is what the flattened curve means -- deaths continue at a high (but more stable, flattened growth) rate. They don't just hit the peak and then stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom