Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

I think in this current corona and hopefully soon to be post corona world that when the theme parks open up again Disney will probably be reactive and looking for vacant space to make a bigger first aid location. The first aid locations at DHS and Epcot can barely fit a number of people seeking medical attention. With guests more aware than before about everything corona, there could be a possibility that the current first aid stations when the parks open could be overwhelmed with guests.

Josh Hendy

If the virus charts actually does run through the end of July and is accurate, it is nearly impossible for WDW to open until at least the fall 2020.
I didn't look at the charts ... but my own, non-scientific hunch is that it's going to be so difficult to squelch the spread of the virus that fall 2020 or later is correct.

So many quarantine breakers out there. Thousands of cruise ship passengers still waiting to come home. Military personnel being rotated home or transferred from base to base. Financial pressure to get back to work no matter what the risk. International travelers getting through with no symptoms and false negative tests. Tens of thousands of people criss crossing the continent, states and cities on transportation and deliveries. I just don't think that masks, rapid testing and distance rules will slow down the spread enough for a rapid recovery.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

lazyboy97o

I think in this current corona and hopefully soon to be post corona world that when the theme parks open up again Disney will probably be reactive and looking for vacant space to make a bigger first aid location. The first aid locations at DHS and Epcot can barely fit a number of people seeking medical attention. With guests more aware than before about everything corona, there could be a possibility that the current first aid stations when the parks open could be overwhelmed with guests.
Why? They’re not there to deal with serious illness. People who need to see a doctor can be transported by Reedy Creek Emergency Services to AdventHealth Celebration.

flynnibus

Premium Member
On Mar 13th the day of the Announcement there were 48 total deaths. On Mar 15th the day they closed there were 69 total deaths in the US. We have over 3800 total deaths (800 more than 9/11) now and it isn’t exactly slowing.

A LOT has changed in 16 days.

Also, a small sample size of beach goers is not exactly enough to extrapolate to the ”vast majority.” Even for a basic majority to feel forced you would need 165,000,000 people and for a “vast majority” or about Seventy five percent you would need at least 247,500,000 people to feel forced to isolate.

I have not done any polling but I doubt 247,500,000 feel they are forced into isolation. Are they happy about it, no, definitely not, but many are very scared (as am I) and definitely aren’t doing it at Gun point.

Yup... never mind that people are really hard to convince “something will happen” and the severity of it... but afterwards you dont have nearly a hard time. Using attitudes pre-incident as a tell of what attitudes will be afterwards is just disingenuous and self serving. It is completely irrational- yet he keeps doing it.

TrainsOfDisney

That would be terrible for the hotels and shopping on International Drive that cater to foreign tourists and the local Orlando shopping outlets and malls that depend on foreign tourists dollars including of course Disney, Universal and Sea World.

You mean it will be. International travel is going to be down for at least 2 years.

Is it though? Is this really a Disney fan board when majority I read are criticisms. Some constructive criticisms but mostly just plain criticisms. Someone on Inside Universal Forums said that this forum is very toxic and that he would rather avoid going here.

Of course it is. We discuss changes and we all have opinions. That’s what makes it a discussion board and not the “everything at Disney is magic” board.

VaderTron

Forget the wife, he was infected and went into a maternity area with babies, other patients and the doctors and nurses who treat them. Put a lot of vulnerable people at risk for no good reason.
Trust me, I am not defending his actions. However, imagine missing the birth of your child. Just imagine that. I know why he did it. I don't agree with it and think it was very selfish, but I understand the motive.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Trust me, I am not defending his actions. However, imagine missing the birth of your child. Just imagine that. I know why he did it. I don't agree with it and think it was very selfish, but I understand the motive.
I get that it would suck, but imagine your baby or wife gets sick and God forbid dies. No way I’d in any way consider taking that risk. Let alone the guilt I would feel if I got other people sick.

DisneyCane

Why? They’re not there to deal with serious illness. People who need to see a doctor can be transported by Reedy Creek Emergency Services to AdventHealth Celebration.
They can offer a new VIP tour that comes with a point of care COVID-19 test at first aid at the end.

Either I or my wife have been to first aid in the parks for small cuts or blisters. Once for a bad headache to get some ibuprofen. I'd never think to go there for anything more serious.

VaderTron

My husband was in the military. Happens all the time.
Like I said, I don't agree he should have done it. But, this is not the same level of foolishness I've seen elsewhere.
I get that it would suck, but imagine your baby or wife gets sick and God forbid dies. No way I’d in any way consider taking that risk. Let alone the guilt I would feel if I got other people sick.
As I said, I'm not defending his actions.
What he did was really stupid. However, unlike many stupid things I've been reading that people have done I can actually relate to the motive.

JoeCamel

They can offer a new VIP tour that comes with a point of care COVID-19 test at first aid at the end.

Either I or my wife have been to first aid in the parks for small cuts or blisters. Once for a bad headache to get some ibuprofen. I'd never think to go there for anything more serious.
The test is at the start of the tour, the results come at the end....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom