Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Indeed. If a gloved hand touches something contaminated and then you touch your face... you got it.

Proper use of gloves is putting on a new pair for each new person or environment you encounter.
This is why I don’t understand a cashier or worker wearing gloves. If you keep them on all day then it’s not effective and if you are wearing gloves you aren’t likely to then use hand sanitizer so it actually works against you.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It might be a PR nightmare to do that now that people buy tickets earmarked for a specific date.

Although, WDW could let them in and block those with APs and anytime tickets.

Or Disney could stop selling anytime tickets and limit the sale of tickets earmarked for a specific date.
They would probably use the same process as Christmas or July 4th. First they close the parking lot, then they close to only resort guests and finally a complete shut down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I ordered the KN95 off eBay about an hour ago. It's allegedly just as effective as the N95 according to the CDC, but it isn't as prevalent in the US because it is a Chinese alternative. I was willing to risk it. This is the one I bought-

I hope they're not these being dumped on Ebay...

The Mom

Premium Member
Indeed. If a gloved hand touches something contaminated and then you touch your face... you got it.

Proper use of gloves is putting on a new pair for each new person or environment you encounter.

When I absolutely must go to Publix, I put my disposable gloves on before grabbing a cart - which has already been wiped down by an employee. I do not remove them until I sit down in my car. I have a special trash bag that I dump them in (one of those dog poop bags - I set it up before I leave the car). I then use hand sanitizer, which I keep in my car. I put the little bag in the trash before entering the house.

I bring in the bags, wash my hands. Remove the groceries, clean whatever I can, then wash my hands. Toss the bags in the trash, then wash my hands. Then wipe down the counters with Clorax wipes, and wash my hands.

I follow the same procedure with take-out foods.

Jon81uk

Today I saw someone where gloves in the grocery store, leave the grocery store with gloves still on, enter car and play with phone with gloves still on, drive off with gloves still on.

If any of you choose to wear gloves in public, please take them off before you enter your car as to not contaminate your personal belongings. And, I can’t believe this needs to be said, don’t use your phone with the same gloves you used in the store.

Same thing goes for entering a store. Wear a new pair of gloves if you’ve been using the same gloves to travel to different places. Sure, you’re protecting yourself, but you could also be spreading wherever you go.

Or don't bother with the gloves and just wash your hands as soon as you get home.

durangojim

I hope they're not these being dumped on Ebay...

You can also get these off of amazon;)
D32C3C51-7598-4961-977E-FFD47FBA7C5F.jpeg

Lilofan

Or don't bother with the gloves and just wash your hands as soon as you get home.
I've seen the grocery store clerks ( the stock ckerks, cashiers ) wear gloves during their work shift. They are trying to protect themselves but they are passing germs to everything they touch.

Clamman73

This is why I don’t understand a cashier or worker wearing gloves. If you keep them on all day then it’s not effective and if you are wearing gloves you aren’t likely to then use hand sanitizer so it actually works against you.
I bet a lot of people are taking them off the improper way where they take one off and then with the bare hand touch the outside of the other glove.

PrincessNelly_NJ

When I absolutely must go to Publix, I put my disposable gloves on before grabbing a cart - which has already been wiped down by an employee. I do not remove them until I sit down in my car. I have a special trash bag that I dump them in (one of those dog poop bags - I set it up before I leave the car). I then use hand sanitizer, which I keep in my car. I put the little bag in the trash before entering the house.

I bring in the bags, wash my hands. Remove the groceries, clean whatever I can, then wash my hands. Toss the bags in the trash, then wash my hands. Then wipe down the counters with Clorax wipes, and wash my hands.

Make sure you wipe down your car door handles as well.

My fiancé works in hospital sanitation and his biggest pet peeve lately has been watching people cross contaminate with gloves on. We watched a women leaving Sam's club with gloves on put her groceries in the car, then wipe down her car door handles, only to then call someone with the phone up to her ear & gloves still on!! Come on people!

My fiancé is adamant that the best thing is to simply avoid touching your face & wash your hands frequently.

Last edited:

Polynesia

I think they were them continuously because they’re scanning products that you touched. I’m sure they’re told not to touch their face with them on. At breaks and lunch they are sure to remove them.

The Mom

Premium Member
Make sure you wipe down your car door handles as well.

My fiance works in hospital sanitation and his biggest pet peeve lately has been watching people cross containment with gloves on. We watched a women leaving Sam's club with gloves on put her groceries in the car, then wipe down her car door handles, only to then call someone with the phone up to her ear & gloves still on!! Come on people!

My fiance is admit that the best thing is to simply avoid touching your face & wash your hands frequently.

That was happening in hospitals even before Covid-19! At least I noticed it when visiting people.

John park hopper

I bet a lot of people are taking them off the improper way where they take one off and then with the bare hand touch the outside of the other glove.

I learned how to take gloves on and off so you never touch the outside of the glove when I worked @ the Charleston Navy shipyard doing radiation control on the nuclear powered subs during overhaul and maintenance. Same way you would remove gloves for biologics

DisneyDoctor

I applaud the effort, but isn’t your car now contaminated since you need to use your hands to enter the car, put groceries in the car, etc.?

Lilofan

The grocery stores I go to have antiseptic wipes. I get a generous amount and use them the clean pretty much every surface inside my car. Amazing how much dirt you can remove from cleaning the steering wheel, parking break and manual transmission lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom