Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowrbazzle

This is a misleading narrative that the Daily Wire and certain other outlets have run away with. Please see the links below.

His comments seem incongruous. If it's more easily transmittable and therefore more people likely had it than they realized, then the death rate is lower. Yet he says the lethality remains the same. How do those things fit?

He mentions distancing and "public health interventions" (he doesn't specify what they are) help. That makes sense. If fewer people are getting infected, then fewer will die. But that still seems to be separate from lethality.

The thing that did make the sense to me was him saying that even the "new numbers" are within the range of the models. You're never going to have a single value and expect it to be spot-on.

VaderTron

You recommend that people over 65 or people that have preexisting health issues stay at home. Provide some kind of "quarantine leave" if they are employed but that they will only qualify for if their condition is verified to be high risk and verify that they have the condition. Then, recommend that anybody coming into contact with the isolated population take precautions in their presence.

However, you don't order it. You let people have the freedom to determine if they want to take the risk or not.
Let me boil this down. "Do nothing and let people do what they want."

My goodness. You live in a country with millions of laws already. If you want to make your own decisions without someone else to intervene to protect you from yourself you need to go buy an island and declare yourself an independent territory. Otherwise, get used to the rules. If we listened to all the REAL prisoners they, too, would claim their freedom is being taken away. Perhaps you would like them to be released and be TOLD not to murder and rape, but ALLOWED to make their own decision? Perhaps they can move in next door to you? 🙄

Animaniac93-98

Really though? What percentage of Disney guests would not go because they "only" paid their hundred thousand employees to NOT work for a few weeks? .01%?

People have short memories, they realize this is unprecedented, and frankly most don't really care about the cast members enough to change their plans.

Exactly.

This forum has shown time and again that Disney fans do not give one **** about the employees who make visiting WDW possible.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
DLP has cancelled a race scheduled in May. Safe to assume they'll be closed until then.
When they do re-open it will likely be under modified social distancing rules for a little while at least. If they don’t have things like fireworks and parades that draw a crowd I would assume races would also be cancelled until the rules loosen up. I do agree that the parks probably won’t open until May either way.

Edit: they would have to at least modify the start and limit the participants
991C2BB8-220B-4E4C-8586-57B101508E50.jpeg

LittleBuford

His comments seem incongruous. If it's more easily transmittable and therefore more people likely had it than they realized, then the death rate is lower. Yet he says the lethality remains the same. How do those things fit?

His own claim is that “the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought” (emphasis mine). Moreover, the reduction in his estimate for when the virus will peak is, like the death estimate, tied to the success of the current social-distancing measures, as he explained when speaking to parliament:

“If, and it’s an if, we're moderately confident as I’ve said but can't be completely sure, if the current measures work as we would expect them to then we will see intensive care unit demand peak in approximately two and half to three weeks’ time and then decline thereafter.”

None of this is to say that he’s right or shouldn’t be challenged. There are many unknowns here. But the game of “gotcha” that some outlets are trying to play is really unhelpful.

Lilofan

When they do re-open it will likely be under modified social distancing rules for a little while at least. If they don’t have things like fireworks and parades that draw a crowd I would assume races would also be cancelled until the rules loosen up. I do agree that the parks probably won’t open until May either way.

Edit: they would have to at least modify the start and limit the participants
View attachment 458987
I can't see social distancing and general admission concerts ever being in the same discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom