Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

Those idiot tourists who come pay money to keep help Broadway in business?
Yeah, those are the ones. They’re supposed to wear their masks through the entire show and then they rip them off the second the lights go down, and then they get in fights with ushers who tell them to put them back on. They also crowd onto the subways in big maskless mobs, even though you still have to mask on public transportation here. I could go on….

drizgirl

Yeah, those are the ones. They’re supposed to wear their masks through the entire show and then they rip them off the second the lights go down, and then they get in fights with ushers who tell them to put them back on. They also crowd onto the subways in big maskless mobs, even though you still have to mask on public transportation here. I could go on….
Were you checking IDs?

Vegas Disney Fan

Does New York still have mask mandates?

I didn’t realize there was anyplace left that still had them.

Vegas Disney Fan

Looks like we need to do more research for our summer plans, NY isn‘t on our list but Washington DC is, we (apparently foolishly) thought masks were gone everywhere and we wouldn’t have to worry about them. After months of not wearing masks we won’t be visiting anyplace that requires them, unless necessary for work or family reasons.

I thought NV and CA were some of the last to drop them and we dropped them way back in Feb.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Looks like we need to do more research for our summer plans, NY isn‘t on our list but Washington DC is, we (apparently foolishly) thought masks were gone everywhere and we wouldn’t have to worry about them. After months of not wearing masks we won’t be visiting anyplace that requires them, unless necessary for work or family reasons.

I thought NV and CA were some of the last to drop them and we dropped them way back in Feb.
Leave for Hawaii in a few days and they even dropped them.

correcaminos

We didn't drop until March locally. Spring break was our first time in public without them since summer 2021. DC does not currently have any mandates outside of transportation (unless at a couple universities)

Vegas Disney Fan

New York still has mask mandates on public transportation as well as when seeing live events on stage such as Broadway shows and concerts.
Thanks for the clarification, are the Broadway rules self imposed by the theaters and their cast members?

Other than that it sounds like the rules in NY are similar to the rest of the country. Personally I wouldn’t go to a show until they’re gone but if a company wants to enact extra rules for their business I have no problem with that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification, are the Broadway rules self imposed by the theaters and their cast members?

Other than that it sounds like the rules in NY are similar to the rest of the country. Personally I wouldn’t go to a show until they’re gone but if a company wants to enact extra rules for their business I have no problem with that.

Yes, it is by their choice. May also be at least partially driven by the unions.

BuddyThomas

Here is the official information:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just got back from a 7 day trip to Universal and Disney and had a great time. Me and my wife have been very cautious through the whole pandemic and regularly wore mask in public places until fairly recently. I fully expected that I would not feel comfortable at Disney and would continue to mask, but we didn't put one on for the entire trip except when we had to go to the First Aid in Magic Kingdom since they still required there, although I would assume they could provide one if you didn't have one with you.

At Universal I did not notice any lingering impacts from the pandemic, not just the lack of mitigations, but all their offerings seemed to be back to pre-pandemic state and staffing felt adequate.

Disney on the other hand still has lingering impacts, plexi-glass in a lot of queues, things still not open or back to pre-pandemic state, and there were definitely places that seemed to be under staffed. Despite all that we had a great time and none of that really impacted our enjoyment.

Masking was almost non-existent at both resorts, although I think I noticed more masks on CM's then on guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom