Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I don’t mind wearing them when things are bad, and cases are high. I just don’t want to wear one anywhere at Disney. Especially in the summer when it’s 100 degrees
We were grateful last June it was indoors only. Outside would've been brutal. Though it was required here at times and we survived.

Heelz2315

I’m hoping it stays optional at WDW for vaccinated guests for the summer. Does anyone know the status of the challenge of the DOJ to the mask mandate on transportation?

I thought it expires on 5/3. If the CDC and DOJ let it expire that may send a signal on how things will progress Thais summer

correcaminos

I’m hoping it stays optional at WDW for vaccinated guests for the summer. Does anyone know the status of the challenge of the DOJ to the mask mandate on transportation?

I thought it expires on 5/3. If the CDC and DOJ let it expire that may send a signal on how things will progress Thais summer
Let's be real, at WDW there was never any true distinction between vaccinated and not.

The DOJ appeal has been silent which means this all would expire anyway. I kind of expected that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nor is Epcot without Morocco running. No word on either sadly that I've heard. Though Souk-al-Magreb finally reopened today!!!!! (should've opened months ago IIRC)
Is the Arabic correct?

Do the spices look like spices and not giant Crayolas?

correcaminos

Is the Arabic correct?

It's the shop along the water at Morocco. Like next to Spice road. As far as I know the other shops are still closed as is Marrakesh. ETA: I know shops you can walk through and Marrakesh they used for seating areas, but I mean closed as in not open for business/to sell anything.

Last edited:

ABQ

Is the Arabic correct?

It's the shop along the water at Morocco. Like next to Spice road. As far as I know the other shops are still closed as is Marrakesh. ETA: I know shops you can walk through and Marrakesh they used for seating areas, but I mean closed as in not open for business/to sell anything.
The spelling of the shop is correct. Thank the Phoenicians. Or maybe not, I won't pretend to know the etymology of the shop's name.

LittleBuford

The spelling of the shop is correct. Thank the Phoenicians. Or maybe not, I won't pretend to know the etymology of the shop's name.
It means "Market of Morocco" (more literally "Market of the West", based on the traditional sense of the word Maghreb). I have no idea what the Phoenician words for these things are, though Arabic and Phoenician are both members of the same language family.

correcaminos

I am dyslexic so I copy and paste. Means Market of the West or so they say. I have a lot of loved ones who speak various dialects of Arabic and never asked to see if that that is entirely correct. I know market is though.

LittleBuford

I am dyslexic so I copy and paste. Means Market of the West or so they say. I have a lot of loved ones who speak various dialects of Arabic and never asked to see if that that is entirely correct. I know market is though.
It is correct, though "the West" in this context would be understood as referring to Morocco, whose official name literally translates as "the Western Kingdom".

Unless I'm missing something, the name appears only in English transliteration, with no Arabic signage. That may be a good thing given (recent) Disney's apparent inability to handle the Arabic script.

correcaminos

It is correct, though "the West" in this context would be understood as referring to Morocco, whose proper name is "the Western Kingdom".

Unless I'm missing something, the name appears only in English transliteration, with no Arabic signage. That may be a good thing given (recent) Disney's apparent inability to handle the Arabic script.
I just doule checked pics and see no Arabic writing. And yes, the west being a region of NW Africa. While I may not speak or write Arabic family hails from the "west" among other places.

BuddyThomas

NYC went back into the moderate level. Not exactly sure what that means for them restriction wise
Nothing has changed here…….yet………and in fact you no longer even have to show proof of vaccination to enter a Broadway theatre, which is absolutely ridiculous considering how many Broadway performers have caught it, including Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Matthew Broderick; Sarah Jessica Parker, and many others.

Heelz2315

I wonder if anyone will take any precautions? They way I thought everyone had started to handle issues was it was up to the individual

drizgirl

Nothing has changed here…….yet………and in fact you no longer even have to show proof of vaccination to enter a Broadway theatre, which is absolutely ridiculous considering how many Broadway performers have caught it, including Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Matthew Broderick; Sarah Jessica Parker, and many others.
Didn't that policy just change yesterday? They all caught it since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom