Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Pleakley

I've gotten colds many times when vacationing to Disney and one thing I vowed in response to COVID is that I would be more diligent about sanitation, as in carrying hand sanitizer and using it often.

I kind of forgot about that when I was in CA earlier this year, go figure.

I don't think it's bad idea to keep some sanitizer stations around. Theme parks are filthy petri dishes at the best of times.

Tom P.

I’m not sure what qualifies as less. Since this my first time since the pandemic, but they are everywhere, and they are appalling.
I agree. Do people really make use of them? I can't imagine going into the parks, even pre-Covid, without carrying my own bottle of sanitizer. Today, I would be absolutely astounded if anyone went without one. And I can't imagine that someone who doesn't care to bring sanitizer after two years of the pandemic is going to be making use of the public ones anyway.

LittleBuford

Or not. They wear N95 masks in public all the time and they did test all close contacts. They teach too which never helps. But not all fit properly, especially the N95s that have ear loops like the Honeywell masks do https://www.cvs.com/shop/honeywell-...r-masks-n95-niosh-approved-5-ct-prodid-541269

A properly fitting N95 and eye protection did seem to help many friends in the medical field who worked with covid patients in 2020 and beyond.
N95s must have straps that go around the back of the head. The ones with ear loops are KN95s, which vary much more in quality. Could it be that your friend was wearing KN95s rather than N95s?

Dear Prudence

N95s must have straps that go around the back of the head. The ones with ear loops are KN95s, which vary much more in quality. Could it be that your friend was wearing KN95s rather than N95s?
I hadn't thought about this difference between them (as I wear both daily), so thank you for this clarification! This is a valuable thing to note!

Disney4Lyfe

I agree. Do people really make use of them? I can't imagine going into the parks, even pre-Covid, without carrying my own bottle of sanitizer. Today, I would be absolutely astounded if anyone went without one. And I can't imagine that someone who doesn't care to bring sanitizer after two years of the pandemic is going to be making use of the public ones anyway.
I saw one family use all 3 on the Kali line, and their own at least once. The mom took approx 10 pumps to share with husband and son on the first one, which was what prompted me to start watching.

correcaminos

I rarely use hand sanitizer because I wash my hands. I went many times to parks in Nov without because instead of using sticky sanitizer I went to the bathroom.
N95s are NIOSH approved. KN95s are not. Point is no matter what wearing one that is ill fitting doesn't help. N95s are useless on my kid sized head

ETA here is an article discussing N95 ear loops https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2772936

Curious if this one is legit https://shop.projectn95.org/readimask-n1902s-n95-respirators-bag-of-10/p

Last edited:

Dizneykid

I've heard that KN95's need to be researched to find the good ones. Proper N95's need to be fitted so the average person isn't wearing it correctly or at all. They aren't as easy to wear either. It's a shame there isn't a more practical one to wear that people at high risk can feel confident about.

correcaminos

To add to the interesting, asked my friend. Knew it didn't say KN95 but what I didn't know is that it was FFP2 (writing was small). Medical parent thought they were better regulated than other standards outside of US since N95s were harder to find.

I also checked the strapless mask and it's a legit N95! Found instructions for it and honestly I still think user error would cause issues with it. But they apparently definitely approve non head strap N95s

I've heard that KN95's need to be researched to find the good ones. Proper N95's need to be fitted so the average person isn't wearing it correctly or at all. They aren't as easy to wear either. It's a shame there isn't a more practical one to wear that people at high risk can feel confident about.
Yes a proper fitting is needed. KN95s can be a pain to research too - honestly same with N95. So many labeled wrong. I think that's why my friend was suggested to FFP2. Most masks don't fit well for many in public which was kinda my point anyway. Ill fitting won't help as much.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I would still think even a somewhat ill fitting N95 offers reliable protection in average situations. Most people I know got covid from significant exposure. It's interesting anyway. There's no sure thing about this virus.
I'd say depends on how ill fitting. Putting an adult N95 on a kid would not be significant. Tying up an adult surgical masks to reduce gaps would be better than just letting it all in or out. Better than nothing, but not great.

I have valved N95s like this Amazon product ASIN B0002YKBV2
I have used them for work around the house but they aren't great for me. My petite size KN94s I finally found in Jan do a better job of keeping dust out than these. The straps don't stay up and there is a lot of gapping.

That's why I was so annoyed when people were pushing for N95s only. There are none that work.... though I never did try those strapless ones 🤣

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm very excited for the "actually, workers are way less productive when they work from home and the reason they all love it so much is because they slack off for hours at a time" studies.

My employees adapted very well to working from home and I never had a concern about them slacking off. If you have to watch your employee like a hawk to make sure they do their jobs, then there is something else wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom