Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
“Health Commissioner Dr. Cheryl Bettigole said mask precautions begin Monday, but in order to provide a one-week education period for businesses, masks will be required in all indoor public spaces as of Monday, April 18.”

That, to me, basically reads as we’re giving businesses a week’s heads up so they don’t have to deal with people who haven’t read the news yelling at them or their employees 🤷‍♀️

Either way, hilarious decision.

Disstevefan1

Well, our area is back to indoor masking starting next week. First time i think Philadelphia has been first in anything in a long time. Here we go again.
MaskOnMaskoff.jpg

correcaminos

Interesting article.

Totally not surprising and article explains why. My MIL developed shingles one summer (the last two summers kind of blurr sorry, cannot recall which but she had it in her eye) after being ill.

DisneyDebRob

Interesting article.

Please, anyone that can get the shingles shot, do it. Shingles is not fun. Takes 2 doses months apart, no big deal.. and its very effective.

DisneyDebRob

Compliance will be v low
Disagree. Whether anyone agrees with it or not, the compliance will be high as it was before. With the threat of closing a business and big fines, its will be adhered too. Of course many businesses can do the” check vaccination cards st the door” policy and be open to mask less customers. Many did thst during the last go round and I expect many to do it again.

Lilofan

Interesting article.

That's a no brainer. I already got my 2 shots for shingles vaccine. Friends got shingles , got it bad ( 1 got it all over his face including under his eyes ) and wished they got the vaccine. Intense arm pain and fatigue for 1 day after vaccine but better off than getting shingle and insurance covered the $300 2 shot shingles vaccine!

Disney4Lyfe

Disagree. Whether anyone agrees with it or not, the compliance will be high as it was before. With the threat of closing a business and big fines, its will be adhered too. Of course many businesses can do the” check vaccination cards st the door” policy and be open to mask less customers. Many did thst during the last go round and I expect many to do it again.
I guess we will see. Seems to me there is a very small, but vocal, percentage of people who are willing to continue along with this. Philly still has a few days to correct this egregious error, hopefully they do.

GimpYancIent

I guess we will see. Seems to me there is a very small, but vocal, percentage of people who are willing to continue along with this. Philly still has a few days to correct this egregious error, hopefully they do.
A point to remember "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease" but is also the first to be replaced!

DisneyCane

“Health Commissioner Dr. Cheryl Bettigole said mask precautions begin Monday, but in order to provide a one-week education period for businesses, masks will be required in all indoor public spaces as of Monday, April 18.”

That, to me, basically reads as we’re giving businesses a week’s heads up so they don’t have to deal with people who haven’t read the news yelling at them or their employees 🤷‍♀️

No jurisdiction gave a week's notice to have an "education period" prior to putting in mandates the prior times. The likely reason that it starts on Monday is to get past Good Friday, Easter and the beginning of Passover so there isn't as much backlash.

There isn't a county within 200 miles of Philadelphia that is recommended to have masking per the CDC guidelines. People in Philadelphia should just refuse to comply en masse. They wouldn't have any chance to enforce it. If they tried to fine or shut down a few "example" businesses, the business would prevail in court due to selective enforcement.

drizgirl

No jurisdiction gave a week's notice to have an "education period" prior to putting in mandates the prior times. The likely reason that it starts on Monday is to get past Good Friday, Easter and the beginning of Passover so there isn't as much backlash.

There isn't a county within 200 miles of Philadelphia that is recommended to have masking per the CDC guidelines. People in Philadelphia should just refuse to comply en masse. They wouldn't have any chance to enforce it. If they tried to fine or shut down a few "example" businesses, the business would prevail in court due to selective enforcement.
Which is just silly because there will be so many unmasked family gatherings for Easter. If they have concerns, before Easter would be the only legit move.

correcaminos

Which is just silly because there will be so many unmasked family gatherings for Easter. If they have concerns, before Easter would be the only legit move.
But mask mandates don't change what people do in their own homes. That aspect is not affected by this. It's really only for large gatherings.

Keep in mind I am all about being responsible when life dictates it but I do worry this will backfire on Philly.

drizgirl

But mask mandates don't change what people do in their own homes. That aspect is not affected by this. It's really only for large gatherings.

Keep in mind I am all about being responsible when life dictates it but I do worry this will backfire on Philly.
Large gatherings like Easter services?

correcaminos

Large gatherings like Easter services?
That's my thought. Not in home but larger gatherings. There are often community seders and shabbat for Jewish people. Then then Easter services for many Christian people. Catholics specific have also Holy week which means services Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm only doing Sat night due to stupid incense and allergies being bad. Many do multiple services. My spouse will do 2.

drizgirl

That's my thought. Not in home but larger gatherings. There are often community seders and shabbat for Jewish people. Then then Easter services for many Christian people. Catholics specific have also Holy week which means services Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm only doing Sat night due to stupid incense and allergies being bad. Many do multiple services. My spouse will do 2.
My point is that if you really have concerns, then waiting until after all these gatherings take place makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom