Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

When I say vaccine mandate, I mean required vaccines all. Not passports. If you’re gonna do passports, may as well go all the way.

Oh yes, that's what I meant a few replies ago too. They are dancing around it, but it feels sort of inevitable. If anyone will make the move first, it will be Quebec.

Obviously, not in the dramatics of rounding everyone up that people con-cot. But to work, to attend school, etc. I see it like seatbelts, personally.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
My advice, stop reading so much news.

No one, NO ONE, knows how long this will or won’t last.

I choose to be optimistic and side with the articles saying Omicron may be the end and in a couple months the world will be even more normal, until something changes there’s no benefit in believing the doom and gloom over the sunny predictions.

The good news is a we’ve now got vaccines that are effective at preventing most serious cases, the world is back open, and life is 90% normal. Focus on the positive rather than the negative!
We'll know when the pandemic will ending this year.

Jrb1979

Oh yes, that's what I meant a few replies ago too. They are dancing around it, but it feels sort of inevitable. If anyone will make the move first, it will be Quebec.

Obviously, not in the dramatics of rounding everyone up that people con-cot. But to work, to attend school, etc. I see it like seatbelts, personally.
Personally I think they were trying to avoid mandating the vaccine. Once hospitalizations got as high as they are with this wave they don't have much of a choice. Our hospital system always had issues, now you add in nurses quitting due to burnout and lack of beds it's made it worse. Since the unvaccinated continue to be the issue they have no choice.

Heppenheimer

"In early December, Moderna also decided to evaluate the potential of lower doses to meet regulatory guidance for immunogenicity in children 6-11 years of age and in adolescents 12-17 years of age in our ongoing clinical trials. The Company is also evaluating a booster dose in adolescents 12-17 years of age. The Company is in the process of implementing those various protocol amendments."

"We expect to report data in children 2-5 years of age in March. If the data is supportive and subject to regulatory consultation, Moderna may proceed with regulatory filings for children 2-5 years of age thereafter."

This can't come soon enough for our toddler.

Although I don't think he'll be thrilled to get another pokey.

BuddyThomas

US govt is telling us, more or less, all of us will be hosting soon.

outside of doing the hermit thing we all get it.

thus, I have no problem with Novak. He already is the greatest tennis player ever and soon he will have more majors than any other on the ATP scene.
One has to wonder how the world would have reacted if his name was spelled S-E-R-E-N-A.

Married5Times

After her outrageous meltdowns in 2 US opens showing her immaturity as well strong allegations throwing matches against her sister .......who cares.

BuddyThomas

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

drizgirl

One helps short term, one helps long term.

We need solutions to both the short and long term.

Without the short term actions, there will be no long term.
Without the long term actions, there will be short term actions required again and again and again for a much longer time.
Never said we don't need both. Just that usage of both requires very different levels of coercion. And one of which has constitution considerations.

Lilofan

Kudos to Quebec! Vaccine appts have increased. I wonder why? Moving forward the "unvaxed tax" will hit the ones who fall in this category.

DisneyCane

The point was that before deciding to purchase a half a billion home tests because it sounds good and makes for easy to understand headlines, it might be a good idea to evaluate how they work against the dominant strain and if the purchase will move the needle at all. Even if they're only paying $5 a test, that's still $2.5 billion to have little, if any, effect on the pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBuford

Rapid at-home tests are not picking up Omicron well. If you continue to have symptoms and get a negative rapid test, schedule a PCR test to confirm.
They still do a good job of picking up infectious cases, as I know from my time in the UK (a lot of people we know were self-testing positive during the Omicron onslaught).

Non-paywall version of the story:

The study itself:

LittleBuford

My point wasn't directed at any one group. "My people" certainly were heavily involved in wasting plenty of money on COVID.

The point was that before deciding to purchase a half a billion home tests because it sounds good and makes for easy to understand headlines, it might be a good idea to evaluate how they work against the dominant strain and if the purchase will move the needle at all. Even if they're only paying $5 a test, that's still $2.5 billion to have little, if any, effect on the pandemic.
They work and are a useful tool; see my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom