Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyinMT

i wasn’t aware boosters have been out for 25 months.
They’ve been out long enough to show that they’re good for piece of mind that a new fever and cough at 2am won’t be the start of a spiral into the ICU. If we’re going to be serious about “normal” and “living with this virus,” we need to be at a minimum vaccinated - and best data says boosted.

I’m all for people gathering their info. But please get it from reliable people in a respected field, not chiropractors selling new books on YouTube. I don’t seek investment advice from the surgeon I’m working for/with on any given day.

TrainsOfDisney

They’ve been out long enough to show that they’re good for piece of mind that a new fever and cough at 2am won’t be the start of a spiral into the ICU. If we’re going to be serious about “normal” and “living with this virus,” we need to be at a minimum vaccinated - and best data says boosted if your post dose 2 by about 6-8 months at most.
I haven’t seen much to show that boosters Vs. “fully vaxed” keep people out of the hospital.

It’s a legit question... if the data is there please show me. I’m interested in seeing it.

sullyinMT

I haven’t seen much to show that boosters Vs. “fully vaxed” keep people out of the hospital.

It’s a legit question... if the data is there please show me. I’m interested in seeing it.
The gap between our current definition of vaxxed and boosted is small compared to unvaxxed. Unless you’re immunocompromised or other known risk.

Problem is, we’re all a year older now toward elderly. Most Americans are at minimum overweight/obese. It’s a roll of the dice I’m not willing to take. The booster (and vaccines) are well tolerated by orders of magnitude better than COVID. I realize that the percentages of hospitalization and death are low. Vaccine risk is still multiples lower. Vaccines and boosters are in our best interest - personally and societally.

mmascari

Didn't one of our "prior infection is just as good as vaccination" posters post a study trying to show that position, but turned out what the study really showed was that if you were boosted, you were way better off than either prior infection or just the first vaccine doses?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’ve been out long enough to show that they’re good for piece of mind that a new fever and cough at 2am won’t be the start of a spiral into the ICU. If we’re going to be serious about “normal” and “living with this virus,” we need to be at a minimum vaccinated - and best data says boosted.

I’m all for people gathering their info. But please get it from reliable people in a respected field, not chiropractors selling new books on YouTube. I don’t seek investment advice from the surgeon I’m working for/with on any given day.
I swear some people would let demo contractors do their dental work if they paid for ads on the preferred tv stations 🙄

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s not legit…all the authorized boosters have been proven via trials…same as Tylenol or Athletes Foot cream…

you’re just playing the “counter” and casting doubt unnecessarily, Senator

Jrb1979

What gets me is the vaccines have proven they work in keeping hospitalizations down and people from getting serious illness. Add that most say the only thing that matters is hospitalizations. Since all that is true, why are so many against things that get people vaccinated.

What we get instead is " maybe people should eat healthier" or "MaH fReEdOm" or " I did my part".

Chip Chipperson

What gets me is the vaccines have proven they work in keeping hospitalizations down and people from getting serious illness. Add that most say the only thing that matters is hospitalizations. Since all that is true, why are so many against things that get people vaccinated.

What we get instead is " maybe people should eat healthier" or "MaH fReEdOm" or " I did my part".

Oddly enough, the people who were complaining the loudest in 2020 about "moving the goalposts" are often the same ones with ever-changing reasons for not getting vaccinated. Before, it was,, "If the vaccines work then why do you care if I don't get mine?" Now the reason is that mild breakthrough cases are "proof" that the vaccines don't work, as if anyone ever made the case that they're 100% effective at preventing infection at all.

DisneyCane

It depends how you define "things that get people vaccinated." I support educating people about what the vaccines do and making them easily available at no cost. I also support PTO for a day if the vaccine side effects cause you to be unable to work.

I don't support things which either force people to get vaccinated or essentially force them by not allowing them to be employed without doing it. I believe that, at the end of the day, it should be a personal choice of what you want to have injected into you especially when the efficacy in reducing spread is not very high.

I believe it is the intelligent decision to get vaccinated but I don't believe that I should make that decision for somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom