Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

Has VT blocked its purchase? It’s still OTC, but kept behind pharmacy counters and under strict purchase limits by US law. I’m sure you know that, hence the state specific question.

Thanks, Breaking Bad
In Indiana I can't even purchase a bottle of children's cough medicine without my ID, doesn't matter if it has pseudo in it. Limited to 1 bottle.

sullyinMT

Looks like threatening a tax is working to get people vaccinated. Dangling carrots doesn't work.
The people holding out must be beaten with said carrot at this point. Sad, but true.
Definitely possible because at least CMS can make a reasonable argument that the legislative intent was for the agency to provide health care to Medicare and Medicaid recipients and that the mandate can help protect their health.

The OSHA justification is a much bigger stretch as nobody can suggest with a straight face that the legislative intent when OSHA was created was for them to protect workers from airborne viruses.

My one question to CMS is why wouldn't you mandate that Medicare and Medicaid RECIPIENTS get vaccinated since that is a proven way to protect their health and save money on treatment? The provider mandate doesn't provide nearly the level of protection for the patients even under a best-case scenario.
CMS dictates terms of service and care all the time. JCAHO comes to mind right away, but certain minimum standards exist all across healthcare in order to qualify for payment. In short, I think we’re saying the same thing here. Justification of the CMS vaccine rule seems easier.

There’s probably a delineation of state/federal irt Medicaid recipients, since states run their individual programs. But I would agree with a Medicare subsidy in the vein of Quebec’s recent announcement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This was why I mentioned this advice the other day:

"If you're going to catch it, better to do it when not everyone else is also catching it."

You'll get much better care that way.

Maybe wait for a dip/valley in cases and hospital capacity before you go our licking door knobs. 😅
Exactly opposite of what the recommendations are?
With current restrictions in place such as indoor dining and gym closures, as well as limiting gatherings to like 5 people (I believe that is what it is now?), being able to live normally is definitely debatable. With that being said, Canada can be Canada and do what they want. If the majority of people suddenly don't support it, they will let it be known either by protesting or voting the current individuals out of office.
they are “living their life” the best they can based on the circumstances/conflict
Another reason to be upset about the continuous dropping the ball on testing and testing availability.
So why not go with the idiots take: “just stop testing! The tests are killing me!”

??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume everyone knows the reason phenylephrine is restricted is because mountain people were boiling it to make meth out of it - correct?

so they regulated anything close…just in case. That’s public health 101: protect the stupid whether they want it or not.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

I assume everyone knows the reason phenylephrine is restricted is because mountain people were boiling it to make meth out of it - correct?

so they regulated anything close…just in case. That’s public health 101: protect the stupid whether they want it or not.
People use powder baby formula to cut powder type drugs. Are they going to restrict that as well? It's big issue around here with some women on WIC selling the cans.

TrainsOfDisney

I really wish they hadn't called the shot after 5-6 months a "booster" but just the "next dose in the schedule".
I wish there was more information and studies published on the booster vs. original doses. I think it’s wrong for some cities to say a person is not “fully vaxed” if they didn’t get a booster.
With current restrictions in place such as indoor dining and gym closures, as well as limiting gatherings to like 5 people (I believe that is what it is now?), being able to live normally is definitely debatable. With that being said, Canada can be Canada and do what they want. If the majority of people suddenly don't support it, they will let it be known either by protesting or voting the current individuals out of office.
Yeah, before vaccines I argued that people needed to make sacrifices for the better good of the country etc.... but now? People should be free to make choices. If they want to gather and go to a theme park or concert let them. We have to figure out how to operate the world in this “new normal”

sullyinMT

My point is some places put all the OTC stuff behind the counter or behind an ID check nonetheless as a simplification
Sure. Like when we were living in Atlanta, I couldn’t buy Kaliber (Guinness NA) once on Sunday due to blue laws in Paulding County. Publix just wanted to make it easy and restricted the whole aisle. But the Kroger one mile away gladly obliged.

The point is a retailer’s convenience and regulation are two different things here. I guess similar to how my wife’s company adopted a vaccine or nothing policy for employees. They didn’t want to deal with the testing caveat as a federal contractor, so they made the easier but more restrictive (for employees) policy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure. Like when we were living in Atlanta, I couldn’t buy Kaliber (Guinness NA) once on Sunday due to blue laws in Paulding County. Publix just wanted to make it easy and restricted the whole aisle. But the Kroger one mile away gladly obliged.

The point is a retailer’s convenience and regulation are two different things here. I guess similar to how my wife’s company adopted a vaccine or nothing policy for employees. They didn’t want to deal with the testing caveat as a federal contractor, so they made the easier but more restrictive (for employees) policy.
No…you’re right.

i just wanted to make sure the standard “government overreach” straw man wasn’t being employed…that’s rarely the problem.

now “graft for more money”??…can’t argue that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wish there was more information and studies published on the booster vs. original doses. I think it’s wrong for some cities to say a person is not “fully vaxed” if they didn’t get a booster.
I wish people would just shut up and do what they’re told.

because they’ll readily take the advice of far dumber people on a variety of topics than world renown researchers/public managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom