Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Losing weight is hard. Forcing toddlers to wear masks and take experimental vaccines is easy.
Not experimental - trials were to test. And I've seen toddlers do better with masks than adults who often go around claiming vaccines are experimental.

Losing weight can be hard. Said as someone who kept off 85 pounds for quite some time now. Once I got into it and figured out what worked for me, it was easy though. Finding what worked was hard. All relative.

mmascari

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I said being healthier would help end the pandemic. Now go get that donut.
How?

How will being healthier slow and stop the spread of COVID?

You keep saying you're not saying that it will, but at the same time that it would help end the pandemic. Which is it?

Because slowing and stopping the spread of COVID IS how the pandemic ends. Are you using some other meaning of "end"? Could you share that?

I'm not putting words in your mouth. In this very post you literally wrote "being healthier would help end the pandemic". At the same time you're saying that I'm making up that you said it would reduce spread. But, again, that's the definition of ending the pandemic. If you're going to use some other definition, please share it.

Otherwise, I've got no idea what you mean by ending the pandemic. Let's just call it over then. That's what others want to do after all. Transmission rates be damned, it's just over cause we say it is.

Wendy Pleakley

How?

You keep saying you're not saying that it will, but at the same time that it would help end the pandemic. Which is it?

Because slowing and stopping the spread of COVID IS how the pandemic ends. Are you using some other meaning of "end"? Could you share that?

I'm not putting words in your mouth. In this very post you literally wrote "being healthier would help end the pandemic". At the same time you're saying that I'm making up that you said it would reduce spread. But, again, that's the definition of ending the pandemic. If you're going to use some other definition, please share it.

Otherwise, I've got no idea what you mean by ending the pandemic. Let's just call it over then. That's what others want to do after all. Transmission rates be damned, it's just over cause we say it is.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems a majority of people who end up in hospital, unable to breathe on their own, are overweight.

Will being healthier stop the spread? No.

Will it reduce the strain on hospitals and help make the pandemic more "manageable"? I think so.

Would these questions be moot if people just got the vaccine already? Yes.

Danissmart

Actually my husband's company gives discounts for healthy people who take part. Previous company did too. Go play your fat hate card elsewhere. We've heard it all before and it never stops getting old. It does nothing at this moment to help other than shame people.
Shame seems to be the point around here.

How?

Look I get what you are saying but if we used this as the basis then we are still in the swine flu h1n1 pandemic. It’s still here and still spreading.
How many hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved by people choosing to live a healthy lifestyle? We have all known trying to live a healthy lifestyle is important, yet ignored the healthcare professionals.

Lilofan

Why does truth equate with shame.? Nothing I have said is meant to make anyone feel ashamed. After almost 2 years of this, it’s time for people to grow up. Get your vaccine and put yourself in a position to succeed.
Some say shame to not expose the truth and some say the truth to expose.

DisneyCane

As the life expectancy was much lower 100 years ago then of course it would kill young people in large numbers, however, many of those wouldn't have died if they had the information that we have today, masks, social distancing, hand washing, vaccines and the doctors nurses and equipment that are tools to prevent 50 million or more deaths this time around.
The difference isn't the age of the victims, it's the information, sccience and medical technology that we are fortunate to have these days. When you consider how our parents ensured we had the Polio vaccine in the 1950s and 60s, or the BCG in the 70s onwards because they had seen the devastating impacts of Polio and TB and today people refuse to have the vaccine for Covid and the reasons they give, you have to question if we put political views and the word 'freedom' ahead of the greater good.

As for refusing to wear a mask. Wearing a mask is better than wearing a shroud.
What does the life expectancy in 1918 have to do with anything? The mortality rate among young people was very high with the Spanish Flu. It was MUCH higher than COVID.

mmascari

Look I get what you are saying but if we used this as the basis then we are still in the swine flu h1n1 pandemic. It’s still here and still spreading.
How many hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved by people choosing to live a healthy lifestyle? We have all known trying to live a healthy lifestyle is important, yet ignored the healthcare professionals.
What's the yearly impact of h1n1? How many cases in say 2019? Worldwide or in the US?

Because nobody who's been talking about ending the pandemic expects 0. Literally nobody in this thread advocating for more vaccination or any other mitigation measure to end the pandemic expects 0. There's a range, they don't all agree with each other either. But, they are consistent, we're not there today, not even close.

Conversely, everyone who has been using "we'll never get to 0" has been someone who wants to be done today. Move on already. It's just a personal thing. We'll never get there, so might as well do nothing.

Something not being at 0 so it still must be an issue as a bad faith comparison every time.

Go back and read what I wrote, I clearly never said 0. I'm always specific that things will either reduce or increase and that we need to reduce to a low enough level to be manageable.

Based on a quick google it looks like H1N1 had 100 million cases, 936,000 hospitalizations, and 75,000 deaths from 2009 through 2018 over 10 years. If we get COVID down to those stats that would be an amazing reduction, well beyond the hopes most people have. Most people are assuming we'll be done with the pandemic and move on just fine at a larger impact than that every year.

lazyboy97o

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems a majority of people who end up in hospital, unable to breathe on their own, are overweight.

Will being healthier stop the spread? No.

Will it reduce the strain on hospitals and help make the pandemic more "manageable"? I think so.

Would these questions be moot if people just got the vaccine already? Yes.
This assumes a consistency of spread. People individually handling the disease is a function of percentages but things like hospital capacity are a raw number. If you have more spread you can end up with raw numbers that are equivalent or higher, even though they are a smaller percentage of those who are infected.

Smooth

1637696450917.png

California 1918 Pandemic

DisneyCane

Testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 does not mean somebody should be considered to have a "case" of COVID. They are a carrier of a virus but they are not sick if they have no symptoms at all. This goes for all ages. If reporting was done in a way that separated "testing positive" from "having COVID" it would also illustrate more of what the vaccines are doing to prevent disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom