Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhwdw

Roy G. Dis

BrianLo

though interestingly RSV is bigger than usual for this time of year here. One of my friends had 2 kids sick at the same time with it.
I saw this in the NYT yesterday about the rise in RSV.
Our pediatrician said they're seeing an abnormal amount of RSV cases this summer. Our 2 year old got it. Lots and lots of RSV cases in the South East right now.

We're waiting for it... I don't believe we have documented RSV in Canada yet.

New Zealand was hit hard, now the US. I'm sure we're not far behind.

Willmark

I thought the days of sanitation theater like this were long gone. What good is a "deep clean" of surfaces going to do for a virus that isn't transmitted on surfaces.
About as good as wearing masks outside.

im for cleaning a store or public space, no harm there. But agree on the sanitation theater as it relates to covid.

Kevin_W

Considering how time consuming, exact, and thorough the ticket-buying process has become, it doesn’t seem this would be a huge difference. At the very least it should be possible with resort guest.

We have tickets to a NYC Broadway show in October. I got an email yesterday that I would have to have a copy of my vaccine card and a photo ID to get in the theater. I was mildly surprised, as I remember reading a year ago that Ticketmaster was working on an app-solution for vaccination. If feels like that will be a burden on the theater staff, and I don't see any way that manual method would work at WDW.

Kevin_W

I thought the days of sanitation theater like this were long gone. What good is a "deep clean" of surfaces going to do for a virus that isn't transmitted on surfaces.

While I would call temperature checks sanitation theater, I wouldn't describe cleaning as such. Less likely to be transmitted on surfaces isn't the same thing as can't be transmitted, and I'm happy to have them sanitize the many other non-coronavirus germs that do happily live on surfaces.

ABQ

Keep up the good work in the Kingdom, nice turn.
1627995447265.png

Bob Harlem

Keep up the good work in the Kingdom, nice turn.
View attachment 577010
I don't think it's anything in particular the UK did so much as whatever natural trend the virus is doing. How and why delta spikes and falls so quickly I'd really like to know. Does it just hit a wall of folks it can infect, or does it just burn itself out quick. Is it relative to prior infections? Is it enough people having it and just so asymptomatic that had no idea they even caught it?

That spike/fall is very different from the other spikes if you look at the past, particularly with the death rate being much much more flat. R1 estimates (https://covidestim.org/) continue to fall in Florida which is a good sign, even while cases go up for the time being, it may mean Florida peaks a lot sooner than the UK did. Especially since the hospitalization rates are up there with the flu outbreak from Jan 2018 in Florida.

ABQ

I don't think it's anything in particular the UK did so much as whatever natural trend the virus is doing. How and why delta spikes and falls so quickly I'd really like to know. Does it just hit a wall of folks it can infect, or does it just burn itself out quick. Is it relative to prior infections? Is it enough people having it and just so asymptomatic that had no idea they even caught it?

That spike/fall is very different from the other spikes if you look at the past, particularly with the death rate being much much more flat. R1 estimates (https://covidestim.org/) continue to fall in Florida which is a good sign, even while cases go up for the time being, it may mean Florida peaks a lot sooner than the UK did. Especially since the hospitalization rates are up there with the flu outbreak from Jan 2018 in Florida.
I'm hopeful that your thoughts on the burn out rate of Delta come true in FL. So many things impact the spread. With the FL heat and people packed in many cases indoors for AC, it could be much different than the UK event. No idea till it happens.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Mayor Bill de Blasio plans to announce Tuesday morning that New York City will require proof of vaccination for people participating in indoor activities, including at restaurants, gyms and performances, his latest attempt to spur more vaccinations, according to a city official.

The policy is similar to mandates issued in France and Italy last month and is believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

The program will start later this month, and after a transition period enforcement will begin in mid-September, when schools are expected to reopen and more workers could return to offices in Manhattan."

"As part of the new program, New York City will create a health pass called the “Key to NYC Pass” to provide proof of vaccination required for workers and customers at indoor dining, gyms, entertainment and performances."

Disney Experience

codestim.org is interesting but their data for percent ever infected has mistakes. Simple mistakes such as miami-dade graph using a fraction number between 0-1 for a graph of percent (0-100 ) (100x too small).

Additionally if the percent of pop previously infected is true (72% for miami dade) I think that , combined with those vaccinated, we would have a lot less cases in Mismi-Dade ( They are less per 100k, but not enough if so many already had it). So something is not right ( presentation or data ) I am sure the creators of it at Stanford, Yale, and Harvard can fix it.

000F23C2-A19B-4AE4-B743-A33852B4504D.png

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Started sneezing a lot on Sunday evening, continued yesterday, and woke up with a mild sore throat today. Some minor congestion. Is sneezing even a symptom?

In some ways it seems more reassuring to just go get a test, even though it feels like a very minor cold. Hmm.

ABQ

"Mayor Bill de Blasio plans to announce Tuesday morning that New York City will require proof of vaccination for people participating in indoor activities, including at restaurants, gyms and performances, his latest attempt to spur more vaccinations, according to a city official.

The policy is similar to mandates issued in France and Italy last month and is believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

The program will start later this month, and after a transition period enforcement will begin in mid-September, when schools are expected to reopen and more workers could return to offices in Manhattan."

"As part of the new program, New York City will create a health pass called the “Key to NYC Pass” to provide proof of vaccination required for workers and customers at indoor dining, gyms, entertainment and performances."

Hope he doesn't get the same reaction they got in France and Italy:

bpiper

COMMON SYMPTOMS FOR ALLERGIES, COLD, FLU & COVID-19​

SYMPTOMSALLERGIESCOLDFLUCOVID-19
BODY ACHESRarely
CHILLSNoNo
FEVERNoRarely
HEADACHESometimesSometimesSometimes
NASAL CONGESTIONSometimesSometimes
RUNNY NOSESometimesRarely
SNEEZINGSometimesRarely
ITCHY/WATERY EYESNoNoNo
DRY COUGHSometimes
SHORTNESS OF BREATHSometimesSometimesSometimes
WHEEZINGSometimesSometimesSometimesSometimes
LOSS OF SMELLMildRarelyRarely
SORE THROATSometimesSometimes
NAUSEA, VOMITING, DIARRHEANoSometimesSometimesSometimes

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Started sneezing a lot on Sunday evening, continued yesterday, and woke up with a mild sore throat today. Some minor congestion. Is sneezing even a symptom?

In some ways it seems more reassuring to just go get a test, even though it feels like a very minor cold. Hmm.
They say that if you are vaccinated a breakthrough infection feels more like a mild cold than traditional Covid symptoms but there is a ton of stuff going around right now besides Covid so it could be another virus as well. Maybe try a self test if you don’t want to go to get the full test done.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hope he doesn't get the same reaction they got in France and Italy:
Just what we need….thousands of unvaccinated, unmasked people taking to the streets together to protest. Lets hope that doesn’t happen. It’s only NYC so maybe those people can just go to a bar or restaurant somewhere else. It’s not like it’s the whole state or country. I don’t know. I feel like maybe people will show up to protest who aren’t even directly impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom