Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

How was Black Widow? Glad to hear Jungle Book was worth it. So hate when a movie is done about a attraction and it turns out really bad.. Haunted Mansion.. Country Bears..etc.
I'm not the best one to ask about Marvel movies, they are more my DH's thing, but it was popcorn movie enjoyable. Especially when we realized the last movie we had seen in the theater was Rise of Skywalker. The pacing was good, it was funny, and the characters interacted well together. But one it's best not to think about plot too much, and just go with the flow.

correcaminos

Well... it’s a quote from the article.

I hope not. nobody should be forced to get a vaccine they don’t want to get.
Not a direct quote. Again please realize what they are saying is expedited is the paperwork/red tape so to speak. Every single aspect that matters has not been at all. I get tired of the implications people make with this. They never said in that article "it was expidited" at least not what my CTRL+F could see.

Unlike you, I've lost my patience with people. I don't give a flip who mandates what. In order to end this crap, we'll likely have to put pressure on others. If they have zero excuse outside of listening to conspiracies or overblown stories then it's time to grow up and get your vaccine. Trying to be nice has not worked. We mandate other vaccines so I don't care anymore. I will offer a helping and calming hand/voice/whatever, but enough is enough.

Phil12

Well... it’s a quote from the article.

I hope not. nobody should be forced to get a vaccine they don’t want to get.
Mandatory vaccinations already exist in the USA for children to enter the school system. It is done for public health to eliminate such diseases as measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, rabies, hepatitis B, rotavirus, haemophilus, influenza type B and tuberculosis.

There is no valid reason not to make the COVID-19 vaccine compulsory.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mandatory vaccinations already exist in the USA for children to enter the school system. It is done for public health to eliminate such diseases as measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, rabies, hepatitis B, rotavirus, haemophilus, influenza type B and tuberculosis.

True statement. We all have to remember that we were all given vaccines as children that we really had no choice but to get. Once kids are approved this one should be added to the list for school attendance. Even under EUA I have no issue with employers or colleges requiring it.

Angel Ariel

Can somebody explain Hawaii? High vaccination, strict mitigation measures (testing required for travelers, etc.) but substantial to high community transmission depending on the island.
Didnt CDC just indicate that delta is significantly more transmissable - as easily as chicken pox - even among the vaccinated? So what is there to explain? Highly transmissable virus even among the vaccinated + very limited land mass…it shouldn’t bw surprising. Vaccine doesn’t eliminate transmissability - it reduces symptoms and prevents hospitalization and death.

Tay

Are you from the US? If so, it would be our first lockdown. Last year was a "stay at home suggestion" at best.

Also, no.
Lol yeah and I live in the south. No one here took this thing serious ever. It’s honestly hilarious to me how people call it a lockdown but I’m tired of arguing with people so I just call it that.

Tay

Anti vaxxers “forget” they are vaccinated since they try to make sense of why they don’t vaccinate their kids. There are loopholes that allow unvaccinated children to go to public school. I hope they amend it and make it 100% mandatory they have to be vaccinated.

ImperfectPixie

Didnt CDC just indicate that delta is significantly more transmissable - as easily as chicken pox - even among the vaccinated? So what is there to explain? Highly transmissable virus even among the vaccinated + very limited land mass…it shouldn’t bw surprising. Vaccine doesn’t eliminate transmissability - it reduces symptoms and prevents hospitalization and death.
Yes. The vaccines took a small hit to their ability to prevent initial infection, but basically lost the ability to prevent transmission from a vaccinated person who develops an active infection. They are holding fairly steady in their ability to prevent severe illness, hospitalization and death.

Lilofan

Lol yeah and I live in the south. No one here took this thing serious ever. It’s honestly hilarious to me how people call it a lockdown but I’m tired of arguing with people so I just call it that.
If you are referring to the Deep South, there is no surprise these states lead in categories no one wants to lead in.

Touchdown

*In an effort to follow the board ops rules in the mask thread, I’m moving this discussion here*

"Antibody-dependent enhancement of virus infection and disease - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12725690/
Nubs I don’t know why you keep posting this article from 2003. It has nothing to do with Covid and is only a discussion of a rare disease outcome, and most importantly is not happening with Covid. If it was vaccinated people would be getting much sicker then unvaccinated people, and this is clearly not happening.

Heppenheimer

*In an effort to follow the board ops rules in the mask thread, I’m moving this discussion here*

Nubs I don’t know why you keep posting this article from 2003. It has nothing to do with Covid and is only a discussion of a rare disease outcome, and most importantly is not happening with Covid. If it was vaccinated people would be getting much sicker then unvaccinated people, and this is clearly not happening.
The never-released RSV vaccine and a few other vaccine candidates that did not make it past early stage trials were associated with VAERD (vaccines-associated enhanced respiratory disease"). This phenomenon was neither observed in the clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccines nor after hundreds of millions of people have received the same vaccination. VAERD is a concern during the clinical trials for any new vaccine, but we have absolutely overwhelming evidence that this is not happening with COVID-19. Time to put that issue to bed permanently for COVID-19. Continuing to bring it up now is nothing but anti-vaxxer misinformation and fear-mongering.

Touchdown

Some mild good news, it looks like some of the antivax pig headedness is breaking in the face of obvious direct evidence their position is stupid.

5D7BE72C-2CB1-4A17-9EC7-1DF931352862.jpeg
46153BFF-6A80-4362-A8D4-66C351C4E8ED.jpeg
7ED85F72-F6C0-43E8-B5B7-8E0B82EE4615.jpeg
92ECA907-5A5B-4230-9456-7F4F78DAA0EA.jpeg

corsairk09

But you don’t have to go to public school … can go to private or be home schooled. Even if u go to public school, you can EASILY get exemptions. There are no mandatory vaccine laws in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom