Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Yup. We're so screwed up by end of the year as the spread is getting worse for flu season.....now the pandemic will continue for years to come.:( I hope the doctors changes their minds by next month or September/October as booster vaccine comes.
As we slowly get more and more people vaccinated, areas with high spread will come down again...and over time, the spikes in cases will be smaller and smaller until they're only small, localized outbreaks that are easily dealt with. We may have some new variants pop up from time to time that are problematic (like Delta is right now), but just like we're doing right now, we'll adjust and get through them. We need to keep getting more vaccinations into people's arms and mask up when we're told to.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
As we slowly get more and more people vaccinated, areas with high spread will come down again...and over time, the spikes in cases will be smaller and smaller until they're only small, localized outbreaks that are easily dealt with. We may have some new variants pop up from time to time that are problematic (like Delta is right now), but just like we're doing right now, we'll adjust and get through them. We need to keep getting more vaccinations into people's arms and mask up when we're told to.
Boosters is the way to stop new variants as FDA approval vaccines by September. I think unvaccinated people needs to stay at home to slow down the spread.

DisneyDebRob

The variants making their appearances
video alabama GIF
As variants go.. that one doesn’t look bad at all. 😃

dreday3

hopemax

I’d like to kindly remind everyone about how accurate folks’ projections were here about when this thing would be over or at least peak and valley. Just apply that to the current Delta musings.

Enjoy your weekend.
Hey, I predicted that Delta would be well timed to blow up as kids were returning to school! Florida decided to get an early start, but for the rest of the country, I'm unfortunately still on target.

From June 13th
Apparently, Delta is now 10% of cases in the US and has been doubling every two weeks. So for the 4th of July holiday gatherings, it will be halfway through the expected “double” to go from 20 to 40%. Then a couple of weeks for infections to translate to hospitalizations among the unvaccinated. To me this looks like the blowup will be well timed to coincide with the return to school for kids in mid-August. And by then Delta will probably have the same sort of dominance as in the UK now.

Then we see the divergence between low and higher vax areas. Then we see what happens with the unvaccinated kids. And if anywhere hedges and starts with virtual school.

ImperfectPixie

Hey, I predicted that Delta would be well timed to blow up as kids were returning to school! Florida decided to get an early start, but for the rest of the country, I'm unfortunately still on target.

From June 13th
Yup. We moved from yellow to orange up here between Thursday and this afternoon...it's happening fast.

The good news is that hubby said there were way more people masked up in Walmart today.

BuddyThomas

I’d like to kindly remind everyone about how accurate folks’ projections were here about when this thing would be over or at least peak and valley. Just apply that to the current Delta musings.

Enjoy your weekend.
In addition, I’d like to remind everyone how when this first started, multiple people on here were saying that 200,000 Americans dead was no big deal at all. And now here we are.....

A74489A4-C6A3-4E0E-85F2-C85D545E5D14.jpeg

Lilofan

Man, USA needs have national vaccine mandate for unvaccinated people soon.
From the 1905 Supreme Court case after a smallpox outbreak in MA, states can and have the legal authority to require residents to be vaccinated. Obviously the number one cheerleader to spearhead this is the state's governor.

hopemax

Speaking of movies. We just got back from watching Jungle Cruise at our Alamo Drafthouse. We just saw Black Widow two weeks ago. For BW, there was no signs of masks anywhere, and every seat was being sold. When we bought our tickets for this, they were blocking out 2 seats on both sides of your party. This showing was designated "kid-friendly" when we bought the tickets and masks were required. 95% of people entered the theater with their masks on despite no signage or employee standing guard (we were the first two to arrive, so I was watching). And in our row, at least, people put them back on when they finished eating.

And Jungle Cruise was a solid B movie. It is exactly what you would expect it to be, and a respectful homage to the ride, and all of Adventureland. Relied a little too much of previous examples of this type of movie, so there would have been room for some new twists.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

“Weeks, not months” before full approval is given.

That’ll remove another one of the anti-vaxx arguments and provide some cover for more employers to require it.

maui2k7

Speaking of movies. We just got back from watching Jungle Cruise at our Alamo Drafthouse. We just saw Black Widow two weeks ago. For BW, there was no signs of masks anywhere, and every seat was being sold. When we bought our tickets for this, they were blocking out 2 seats on both sides of your party. This showing was designated "kid-friendly" when we bought the tickets and masks were required. 95% of people entered the theater with their masks on despite no signage or employee standing guard (we were the first two to arrive, so I was watching). And in our row, at least, people put them back on when they finished eating.

And Jungle Cruise was a solid B movie. It is exactly what you would expect it to be, and a respectful homage to the ride, and all of Adventureland. Relied a little too much of previous examples of this type of movie, so there would have been room for some new twists.
We saw Jungle Cruise last night here in Texas and a total of maybe 3 or 4 people I saw the whole time had them on.

DisneyDebRob

How was Black Widow? Glad to hear Jungle Book was worth it. So hate when a movie is done about a attraction and it turns out really bad.. Haunted Mansion.. Country Bears..etc.

lazyboy97o

“Weeks, not months” before full approval is given.

That’ll remove another one of the anti-vaxx arguments and provide some cover for more employers to require it.
“It was expedited.”

oceanbreeze77

That’ll remove another one of the anti-vaxx arguments
you underestimate them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom