Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

if this is true, then all the reports of low infections in vaccinated people currently in the US should continue going forward, proving yet again, this is only a “plague amongst the unvaccinated.”

It’s like the CDC, Surgeon General, and Dr Fauci know what they’re talking about, who would have guessed 🙄.

Unvaccinated: Panic, and immediately go get your shots

Vaccinated: Keep Calm and live on!

Also, kids less then 12 continue to be well protected from severe disease.

Wendy Pleakley

That was political. I thought we’d do better handling a public health crisis.

As I said, I was naive, perhaps even stupid.

On the bright side, the UK as a whole is more willing to get vaccinated, so while there are no doubt short-term consequences of what's happening, the long-term prospects are good. Different than the USA where vaccination has stalled and all indications are that COVID will continue to be a problem in many areas, when it really shouldn't be.

1626802340177.png

MorphinePrince

Vaccinated: Keep Calm and live on!
That is my plan. I'm sorry to sound harsh and uncaring about others, but it is no longer my problem that covid is infecting people at rapid rates; especially because at this point it is mostly impacting those who have personally chosen to put their lives at risk. Hopefully our officials start looking at it in this light and don't resort to punishing the rest of us for this insolence. It's an unfortunate price to pay.

ImperfectPixie

That is my plan. I'm sorry to sound harsh and uncaring about others, but it is no longer my problem that covid is infecting people at rapid rates; especially because at this point it is mostly impacting those who have personally chosen to put their lives at risk. Hopefully our officials start looking at it in this light and don't resort to punishing the rest of us for this insolence. It's an unfortunate price to pay.
I can't take that attitude because in a lot of cases, those people are making the choices they are because they put their faith in people who are lying to them and manipulating them. They don't realize that they're making bad choices.

Heppenheimer

I wish covid had some of the traits of Poliio:
Polio is transmitted fecal-oral and less often oral-oral. The chinese government said Covid only spread from that route, so internationally our guard was lowered a bit. Airborne transmission that covid actually has is much more contagious for first world countries.

Polio’s only host is humans. So no worry of other reservoirs.

Polio is not known for asymptomatic transmission. But it can be transmitted by those with symptoms that are not noticeable. So Polio is a little better than covid in this regards. Covid transmits presymptomatically.

Covid is going to be more difficult to get under control than Polio. But science has advanced in the 50-70 years since (Polio peak in US was late 1950s).

I think it will happen in regions and perhaps the world. But will require high vaccine rates snd likely boosters adapted to the strains that are winning. But it could also become endemic like the flu if we have too many unvaccinated or no border controls

We eliminated smallpox and it was very transmissible by airborne, skin, saliva, blood, etc. So eliminating an airborne virus from existence ( beyond national labs) is possible.
Smallpox, though, had one particular feature lacking in COVID that made it an ideal target for erradication. The virus didn't start to shed, and thus become contagious, until the pox that gave the disease its name appeared. Thus, in addition to vaccinating everyone, you could very easily identify who was contagious and institute a quarantine. You know, the "public" part of "public health".

Touchdown

I can't take that attitude because in a lot of cases, those people are making the choices they are because they put their faith in people who are lying to them and manipulating them. They don't realize that they're making bad choices.
That was their choice, if you believe in free will and a free society you have to accept that a certain amount of people are going to choose to do something stupid. However, eventually you have to pay for your decisions.

Trauma

If you continue to advocate for people making bad choices it will only get worse.

Look at the fat acceptance movement.

We now have people who think it’s healthy to be fat.

All because people don’t have the heart to say, hey your fat do something or you will have negative consequences.

We can’t provide excuses, or those excuses will be used to form an ideology that accepts or even encourages the poor behavior.

MorphinePrince

You are too kind to them. They're all adults and choosing to make reckless decisions. They deserve whatever comes their way. I refuse to have another year of my life ruined because of these people.

Wendy Pleakley

That is just not true. There are plenty of intelligent people out there making their own decisions to not get vaccinated.
Just because people choose to make a different decision about vaccinations than you doesn't mean they are being manipulated.
I'm with the pp- at this point everyone has made their choice willingly. If you choose not to get the vaccine then you accept that risk, the rest of us will continue with living life and not worrying about them.

ImperfectPixie

That was their choice, if you believe in free will and a free society you have to accept that a certain amount of people are going to choose to do something stupid. However, eventually you have to pay for your decisions.
People are more often poor judges of character than they are flat-out stupid. We need to call out the leaders that are purposely sacrificing their followers for political gain.
If you continue to advocate for people making bad choices it will only get worse.

Look at the fat acceptance movement.

We now have people who think it’s healthy to be fat.

All because people don’t have the heart to say, hey your fat do something or you will have negative consequences.

We can’t provide excuses, or those excuses will be used to form an ideology that accepts or even encourages the poor behavior.
I'm not advocating anything except calling out those leaders that are doing the lying and manipulating. There's video all over the internet of the same people doing the same thing over and over again. There are some media outlets helping them, but it started with the leaders in question. If I had my druthers, they'd be in jail for all the death, illness, and other damages they've purposely caused.
You are too kind to them. They're all adults and choosing to make reckless decisions. They deserve whatever comes their way. I refuse to have another year of my life ruined because of these people.
I'm furious with them. I'm sad for their families and friends. But the issues didn't start with them...it started with a particular group in leadership roles. THEY are who we should all be furious at and be holding accountable.

ImperfectPixie

That is just not true. There are plenty of intelligent people out there making their own decisions to not get vaccinated.
Just because people choose to make a different decision about vaccinations than you doesn't mean they are being manipulated.
I'm with the pp- at this point everyone has made their choice willingly. If you choose not to get the vaccine then you accept that risk, the rest of us will continue with living life and not worrying about them.
If you really think it isn't true, then you haven't been paying attention for the last year+.

Sans Souci

Honestly, the situation over in England (I shouldn’t say the UK, because the devolved governments are handling things differently) has surprised me somewhat. I really did expect better. In retrospect, I see I was being naive.

My husband is agog. My MIL was supposed to come over for our son's HS graduation last summer and that didn't happen. We had tentatively planned on visiting there this summer, which of course, we're not. He is thinking it's going to be a while more before he gets to see his family.

I'm kind of shocked Boris Johnson is doing this. It's such a slap in the face to the people who took care of him while he was knockin' on heaven's door.

CJR

After my family members made fun of my brother in law's seven year old son for wearing a mask in their home (none of them are vaccinated), I won't feel bad for them. They know their decision has consequences, one already tested positive before. They're simply ignorant and even to a mean level.

I don’t have sympathy towards that. The sad part is that it's not one sided. If I got Covid, they'd probably make fun of me for getting the vaccine. That's just the type of people we're dealing with.

DisneyCane

smart people can make stupid decisions, not just stupid people. Doesn’t change the fact it’s a stupid decision.
My friend who refuses to take the mRNA vaccines because they "modify your DNA" is an otherwise pretty smart person who is not normally a whacko conspiracy theorist. He convinced himself of this fact and I can't change his mind. He was going to get J&J and then his appointment got cancelled from the pause. After that he got uncomfortable with that one also and is currently not vaccinated.

If you really think it isn't true, then you haven't been paying attention for the last year+.

There are definitely people out there being manipulated but it seems like you are implying that anyone not getting vaccinated is doing it because they are being manipulated. And judging by your posts it's by certain political leaders.
That is simply not true, and if you don't believe that then maybe you are the one being manipulated by what others are telling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom