Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I’m booked for a month from now. Luckily, we are all fully vaxed. But I suspect Florida numbers will be really really bad by then. I wouldn’t rule out a slight possibility that some restrictions come back. (Unlikely but not impossible).
I'm scared now. Is the cases will go down lower quickly before fall if the unvaccinated people are listening and getting vaccinating now quicker before fall soon?

mattpeto

So it means go back indoor masks for another months or not go back indoor masks for NJ/NY (high vaccinations) I'm scared if the peak will get huge as massive wave for August/September and November/December....:eek::eek::eek: is NJ/NY will go back to indoor masks and social distancing or not? I'm worried about this...:cry::cry::cry: Also will public transportation in NJ/NY will lose masks after September 13th?
Is NJ and NY will be more back to normal by fall/winter as other states has low vaccinations is getting back indoor masks such as AL, NV, GA and other states by fall/winter?

We have been battered by this pandemic, but I try not to consider the worst-case scenario like above. Thanks to the vaccines, the worst of the pandemic is behind us. I'm comfortable saying that.

It doesn't mean, Covid is going away. But the vaccine protection will spare so many lives. This has never been about eradication, it's about protecting the vulnerable.

lisa12000

Dr. Gottlieb suggested to expect peak in late August/September.

Though combining seasonality with Delta, we may hit a peak in August… then a valley, then another peak in Nov/Dec.

That there are states and political leaders pulling away from vaccines is absolutely irresponsible and insane.
I’d suggest that’s possibly quite early - we aren’t expected to peak till early/mid August and we are way further down the line than you (I happen to think it may come sooner here as it’s slowing down now in terms of growth)

Heelz2315

He also said that he didn't think there'd be any more Gov't public health mandates, that'd be on a more local level. I believe he is referring to the CDC recommendations.

From what I have seen, the CDC is what moves the needle for Disney. IF the CDC doesn't change anything neither will Disney. I could be wrong though.....

correcaminos

There is still a pretty big issue with minorities and COVID vaccine hesitancy. Do you see it as a positive for them to die and curtail their voting power as well?

I don't have sympathy for people who end up dead because of bad choices they make but there is rarely upside in somebodies death. The exceptions are murders, rapists, terrorists or evil dictators like Hitler. There is no "upside" in deaths of people because they vote in a way that you disagree with.
Thank you, though marginalized is better than minorities please.

But yes, using your quote to jump from. What marginalized deal with in terms of hesitancy is not the same as many think. It's a true and legit fear based on how medical professionals treat them and combining it with other socioeconomic struggles that making getting vaccinated harder too. Having no sympathy for people who struggle and calling them toxic is not a trait I'd be proud of.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
He also said that he didn't think there'd be any more Gov't public health mandates, that'd be on a more local level. I believe he is referring to the CDC recommendations.

From what I have seen, the CDC is what moves the needle for Disney. IF the CDC doesn't change anything neither will Disney. I could be wrong though.....
I'm afraid that CDC will change mask mandates for NJ/NY soon by fall/winter....or they will not because NJ/NY/PA has most vaccinations.
Is NJ Transit will lose mask mandate for trains and buses soon by September?

havoc315

We have been battered by this pandemic, but I try not to consider the worst-case scenario like above. Thanks to the vaccines, the worst of the pandemic is behind us. I'm comfortable saying that.

It doesn't mean, Covid is going away. But the vaccine protection will spare so many lives. This has never been about eradication, it's about protecting the vulnerable.

Correct that the vaccines will spare many lives. But incorrect that this was never about eradication: That's exactly the goal of herd immunity, eradication or pretty darn close. That was very possible, if we had undertaken the necessary efforts as a society. If 95%+ of Americans would get the darn vaccines, we would likely get to eradication. Maybe even a lower number.

That was indeed the goal, and we have failed miserably. (at least so far).

Tony the Tigger

I’m booked for a month from now. Luckily, we are all fully vaxed. But I suspect Florida numbers will be really really bad by then. I wouldn’t rule out a slight possibility that some restrictions come back. (Unlikely but not impossible).
I would hope if it’s bad, they require indoor masking and distancing.

We can always cancel if it seems stupid or pointless. We went last September, but everyone was masked.

Same as September, we’ve booked a cabin (so no other guests around, love that - plus we can bring the dog.)

Depending on how it is, we’ll spend more/less time enjoying the resort and resort dining. That just makes my ticket purchase tricky - they’re running the FL 2-4 day special, not sure how much park time we’ll be doing. It’s only 3 nights at the moment, hoping to add one more.

Our trips have gotten less park-centric in recent years, anyway, and more focused on dining and other extra experiences. Hitting the outdoor Epcot booths is a no-brainer, the rest is wait-and-see. As I’ve long said, walking around your neighborhood or grocery store is a whole lot different than interacting with tens of thousands of people in a day - and we know some are reckless and careless.

DisneyCane

I just do not understand what the issue is with asking or showing a vaccine card what is the big deal and my body my choice is a bunch of horse $hit. It's about keeping folks safe and the economy going. I just do not understand the big deal except for the fact that folks do not like to be told they need to do something.

Give me a break I will tell you a co worker 32 years (healthy no medical issues) old opted not to get vaccinated knew the risks felt sick several days before July 4th. He decided to go to certain Central Florida Theme Park (7/6-7/9) for 3 days knowing full well he could spread the virus is on life support (Covid-19) at ORMC fighting for his life his wife and kids are now sick plus one of our other co-workers is also in the ICU at Advent Health in the ICU in a coma with Covid-19 (also not vaccinated) both sat next to each other less than 3 feet apart. Issue is folks do NOT care all because the BS my body my choice I am all for showing proof or have folks upload a vaccine card so it shows on your pass when you scan at the gates and if you do not have a mask on you will be required to put it on.
It is their choice and all of the sick people you spoke about made the, in my opinion very bad, choice not to be vaccinated and are currently suffering the consequences of that choice. Regardless, adults in the US have a right to make their own choices regarding what medication they wish to have injected into their bodies.

Ever since vaccine hesitancy became apparent, I have supported incentives for people to get vaccinated. However, I have never supported punishment for not getting vaccinated and allowing businesses to require vaccination is a form of punishment for the unvaccinated.

mattpeto

Correct that the vaccines will spare many lives. But incorrect that this was never about eradication: That's exactly the goal of herd immunity, eradication or pretty darn close. That was very possible, if we had undertaken the necessary efforts as a society. If 95%+ of Americans would get the darn vaccines, we would likely get to eradication. Maybe even a lower number.

That was indeed the goal, and we have failed miserably. (at least so far).

Protecting the vulnerable was always the primary objective. I'm not sure how eradication was ever possible due to the variants or the fact that vaccine distribution for children under 12 was always very far off...

Maybe the goal post has indeed shifted.

DisneyCane

So the USA is punishing people for requiring various vaccines to enter the country?
Yes. However, I'm OK with that since it is not a legal right for somebody to enter the USA from another country.
If cruise ships (and other businesses) want to ask for proof of vaccine, they should be able to do that.
As clever as your post is, it's not the same thing. A business is free to make plenty of choices now. They can choose to require masks. They can choose to require social distancing. They can choose not to operate if they want to. None of those choices are restricted. The only thing they can't choose to do (in FL and some other states) is require that customers disclose personal medical information and refuse service if the customer won't make that disclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaughingGravy

There are legitimate reasons why certain vaccines are required for public school, even though they are for illnesses not prevalent today in the US.
This is still an evolving situation with variants different from whooping cough, diphtheria, or measles.
If it is determined there is a definitive vaccine preventing severe illness and death from all variants, I could see that being added to the list of those required vaccines. People would still have the option to home school or shell out for private.

Heelz2315

They may.....but they have usually taken their cue from the CDC. Disney is a business and they know bringing back restrictions on any level could hurt their business/bottom line. I have a feeling that's the LAST thing they want to do. I agree it's unlikely but not impossible. I am scheduled to go 8-10 trough the 18. I'd definitely rethink things if they were to reimpose some masks/restrictions.

Tony the Tigger

They may.....but they have usually taken their cue from the CDC. Disney is a business and they know bringing back restrictions on any level could hurt their business/bottom line. I have a feeling that's the LAST thing they want to do. I agree it's unlikely but not impossible. I am scheduled to go 8-10 trough the 18. I'd definitely rethink things if they were to reimpose some masks/restrictions.
If it gets worse and they don’t do something, I’d rethink my trip as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom