Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

And what conclusions are you drawing from this? Because our June 23rd looks a lot like their May 16, and our June 30th is omitted. We know that date is worse, possibly like their June 4.
My guess is relaying to the 2-4 week claim. Or that's how I read it.

Edit and looking at another chart, we didn't jump on the 30th the way the UK did yet. I totally expect blips, but not sure what else. We did vaccinate different than the UK did as well. Seems Delta does affect partially vaccinated even whereas we don't have the same method for 2nd dosing as UK. We're not apples to apples really.

I have no clue where we go, but I do hope more here vaccinate and fast.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

My suspicion is that people who use this as an excuse will just move on to another excuse when the FDA gives its full approval. There are tons of illogical "reasons" from which to choose.
Some will... some won’t. I think if marketed and promoted right it will help quite a few people who are unsure to take the step.
I don’t think he believes in the Bill Gates chip thing or any of the wild conspiracy theories he just honestly is scared of the newness of the vaccines.
Yeah I think that’s the majority of the hesitancy. At least the majority of the people I have talked to.

Tony the Tigger

These are excellent points. It's often been said that the US is great at fixing the blame, but not so good at fixing the problem. Pointing fingers, labeling and name-calling may make one feel superior, but it does nothing to fix the problem. We need people to put emotions to the side and concentrate on finding workable solutions to getting more people vaccinated.

It can be done. Look at the efforts made around smoking. Through a series of smart and effective marketing campaigns smoking has become “uncool”. I’m not sure how much can be done with a covid vaccine to make it “cool” but efforts need to be made. I don’t think 20 year olds care what 800 year old Dr Fauci says or Joe Biden or their local Governor. Needs to be relatable.
Why reinvent the wheel?

Show proof of vaccination and you don’t have to wear a mask in public places. That’ll do the trick.

MaryJaneP

How many generations were there until the anti-smoking campaign worked? Wasn't it a multi-platform campaign, involving print, radio, tv, movies, etc? Would a cellphone, twitter, FB, Instagram, TV, etc campaign work?

Last edited by a moderator:

seascape

It will not get much worse in areas with high vaccination rates. In areas of lower rated the disease will longer much longer but not really get much above 25 per 100k. The Northeast is still in the 1 to 3 per 100k range and staying steady because we took the vaccine. Now we need the minority of states that are lagging to take their shots or it will just take a few more months for them to achieve immunity. Take your shot or get sick. It is really that simple.

Jrb1979

And what is Canada’s current mask and social distancing policy?
It depends on the province. Alberta and B.C have pretty much wide open with no restrictions. Here in Ontario we've been taking things slower Right now only outdoor dining is allowed and Amusement parks can open for the first time since this started. IMO with going slowly in reopening it's helping us get to 80% vaccinated.

DisneyDebRob

It can be done. Look at the efforts made around smoking. Through a series of smart and effective marketing campaigns smoking has become “uncool”. I’m not sure how much can be done with a covid vaccine to make it “cool” but efforts need to be made. I don’t think 20 year olds care what 800 year old Dr Fauci says or Joe Biden or their local Governor. Needs to be relatable.
Then go after some rap star or boy band or something along those lines that these kids worship. Maybe that will move the needle a bit. I’ll stick with Fauci and the great people out there in the business but if donuts and beer aren’t getting the younger generation in, maybe someone can rap about how great the vaccine is.
Edit- Just by saying 800 year old Fauci in your post.. I know it was for humor but someone coming along here for the first time.. and maybe is 20 years old.. may say see, even the old guys don’t like him. On a personal note it might take me 800 years to know what that man knows.
Edit #2- Not saying your old.🙂

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Again, I blame the media and way vaccines were rolled out for part of the reason why so many younger people remain unvaccinated.

People under 30 were told they would be last in line to get them. This implied they were a lower priority/risk group. Then by the time they were eligible many restrictions had been removed and cases had dropped significantly. I'm sure most feel it's a "why bother?", especially when schools and businesses won't make them mandatory.

Education on the risks have been poor. Charts showing what age groups are most likely to end up hospitalized imply a low risk too.

The messaging from day one should have been "everyone needs one, everyone is at risk", especially younger people who have had to work front line positions or multiple jobs and come into contact with more people.

Incomudro

My suspicion is that people who use this as an excuse will just move on to another excuse when the FDA gives its full approval. There are tons of illogical "reasons" from which to choose.
I wish that there was more of an effort to educate the public in their role to essentially eradicate covid.
One that stressed that even if one's individual risk isn't high, that working together we are part of a system that ends the virus.
I know that some of this message is out there for people that look for it, but personally - I never stumbled upon it.

Jrb1979

Again, I blame the media and way vaccines were rolled out for part of the reason why so many younger people remain unvaccinated.

People under 30 were told they would be last in line to get them. This implied they were a lower priority/risk group. Then by the time they were eligible many restrictions had been removed and cases had dropped significantly. I'm sure most feel it's a "why bother?", especially when schools and businesses won't make them mandatory.

Education on the risks have been poor. Charts showing what age groups are most likely to end up hospitalized imply a low risk too.

The messaging from day one should have been "everyone needs one, everyone is at risk", especially younger people who have had to work front line positions or multiple jobs and come into contact with more people.
Agreed but so far here in Canada it doesn't seem to be as big a problem. Most under 40 are getting vaccinated.

Trauma

Why reinvent the wheel?

Show proof of vaccination and you don’t have to wear a mask in public places. That’ll do the trick.
That won’t do anything.

It would only apply in the states that have high vaccination rates already.

The solution to everything is to get everyone vaccinated.

I know people, and at the end of the day they will do anything for free money.

We gave away trillions in stimulus because we where in a pandemic.

Why not one more round of stimulus for the vaccinated.

The party in charge wants free college anyways.

Give scholarships to the kids.

They should do whatever it takes to end this.

The cost of ending it now will still be lower than the cost of human lives and damage to the economy if this drags on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom