Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Months away soon the pandemic will be finally over in America, as people will enjoy go back to normal for rest of the year like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day!:):D
Also is this Bird Flu is gonna repeat of the pandemic again? @GoofGoof

^But I just don't want bird flu outbreak to be another pandemic soon....or what I say Pandemic 2.:eek::banghead:😭

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

If you are going to complain and ***** doing it laterally doesn't get you results. Complain upwards and talk to the ones that can help your matter ( ie compensation, etc ). Not always guaranteed but what is there to lose?
Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

GimpYancIent

Months away soon the pandemic will be finally over in America, as people will enjoy go back to normal for rest of the year like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day!:):D

^But I just don't want bird flu outbreak to be another pandemic soon....or what I say Pandemic 2.:eek::banghead:😭

It appears that you are doing quite well making yourself sick with worry. Go to WDWMK get yourself a large Dole Whip and enjoy. You will see everything will be just fine.

Last edited:

GaBoy

First of all there's a lot wrong with just the picture of the Sunday fryers lined up on the picnic table....
What do they still have a ?
Why are they on display at Carmax?
Just saying that getting them in the fridge may go a long ways toward cutting down on many health related issues.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So in the latest poll on vaccination status we were up to 62% vaccinated (this is a week old) with 4% saying they would get the vaccine as soon as they could which would get us to 66%. There is still a group of 20% that won’t get the vaccine and then a group of 12% who are saying they will wait and see. Over 1/3 of the wait and see crowd plans to go in within 1-3 months. So with the wait and see crowd added we should get between 66% and 78% vaccinated. One interesting bit of data is that of the wait and see crowd 44% say that full FDA approval would make them want to get the vaccine. That would add a little over 5% right there. If full FDA approval comes in soon that could put us over the top to get to 70%+ adults.

correcaminos

NYPost is known for sensationalism. " 7 percent of samples sequenced" and then went on to say may or may not be more transmissable. Really where it spread first is not the best for average locations even in the US.

TrainsOfDisney

Looks like some evidence that the new CDC mask guidance may be helping increase interest in the vaccines:

When D23 announces a new attraction or event at Disney there’s probably an uptick in visitors to DisneyWorld.com as well.

DisneyCane

Looks like some evidence that the new CDC mask guidance may be helping increase interest in the vaccines:

It probably isn't a game changer for the ultra-resistant but before the change I posted the anecdotal stories of people who didn't see a value in getting vaccinated because it didn't change anything for them and they considered themselves ultra low risk. Changing the narrative from "maybe we might see something that resembles kinda sorta normal by 2035 if 80% of the population is vaccinated" to "if you get vaccinated you can take off the mask in 2-6 weeks (depending on vaccine)" was a great thing to do for vaccine marketing.

Note: I know nobody said 2035. I was greatly exaggerating to make a point about what the messaging was like before the change in guidance.

DisneyCane

seascape

The new numbers are out and the NY Times reported the US now has a 7 day average of 17,119 cases or 5.17 per 100,000. Only Washington with 13, Colorado with 11and West Virginia with 10 are still in double digits. Every other state are in sigle digits. Additionally, Florida is now down to 9 cases per 100,000. This is better than I expected and had hoped for. I hoped for the country to get down to 6 by the end of May and this is actually much better that. I also wonder how many people still insist the country is still in bad shape. It was only back on January 8 that the US had a 7 day average of 259,694. Just think in less than 5 months the infection rate is down 93.41%. Who gets the credit for that? It is the scientists who developed the vaccine and the people who volunteered for testing the vaccine.

correcaminos

The new numbers are out and the NY Times reported the US now has a 7 day average of 17,119 cases or 5.17 per 100,000. Only Washington with 13, Colorado with 11and West Virginia with 10 are still in double digits. Every other state are in sigle digits. Additionally, Florida is now down to 9 cases per 100,000. This is better than I expected and had hoped for. I hoped for the country to get down to 6 by the end of May and this is actually much better that. I also wonder how many people still insist the country is still in bad shape. It was only back on January 8 that the US had a 7 day average of 259,694. Just think in less than 5 months the infection rate is down 93.41%. Who gets the credit for that? It is the scientists who developed the vaccine and the people who volunteered for testing the vaccine.
Scientists get the lion's share IMO. Spoken as a phase 2/3 guinea pig for Pfizer-BioNTech.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
On a 2 week trend line, the average deaths in the US are now the lowest they have been since April 2020, nearly the beginning of the pandemic.
View attachment 561382

Crossing fingers that nothing ugly happens in the 2weeks post the long weekend and everything just continues to decline
Is going to big surge or spike by two weeks. I'm scared about that Memorial Day weekend thing a few days ago.

drizgirl

It probably isn't a game changer for the ultra-resistant but before the change I posted the anecdotal stories of people who didn't see a value in getting vaccinated because it didn't change anything for them and they considered themselves ultra low risk. Changing the narrative from "maybe we might see something that resembles kinda sorta normal by 2035 if 80% of the population is vaccinated" to "if you get vaccinated you can take off the mask in 2-6 weeks (depending on vaccine)" was a great thing to do for vaccine marketing.

Note: I know nobody said 2035. I was greatly exaggerating to make a point about what the messaging was like before the change in guidance.
Everybody said people would just lie and it wouldn't make any difference. But ultimately lots are uncomfortable with lying and will respond to this nudge in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom