Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willmark

No I don't want another outbreak in US, and I don't want more masks and social distancing, as I don't want wear mask anymore I can't stand it anymore. I don't want another pandemic soon.
It might be nothing, or it might be something. Only time will tell.

But I should think that China has zero credibility regarding this. They weren’t truthful in SARS, it’s looking more and more they lied during Covid and it’s not a stretch to imagine they are lying right now.

TrainsOfDisney

My father was admitted to the hospital (NJ) for a seizure in late December. He had no obvious Covid symptoms. He spent seven hours in the ER, was moved to a room. Lots of tests were done. None were for Covid. In fact, he said that the team with him were insistent that if he had Covid, he would have shown symptoms. It was only after he was there for almost 12 hours, and presented at that point with a fever, that he was tested. And, he tested positive. Was he the exception? Maybe. I found it odd that they didn't test him.
I also went to the ER and was in the hospital for several hours and was never tested. This was last November when the cases were extremely high in my area.

Touchdown

Also to all of you grumps in Florida, I’m sorry you’re having a horrible time, I wouldn’t pay full price to Disney right now either, thankfully I only paid 60% in February, and 70% in early May.

Ive been out west traveling to different, more wild, parks and even though I’ve never seen them more crowded, everyone is simply just happy to be here and loving this glorious time of year. This is not the time of year to be in Florida, there are simply much better more comfortable places to be in this country. Expand your horizon, listen to Teddy Roosevelt in Golden Dream and go out and explore the wild!

mmascari

I wonder how many people will say, I told you the pandemic wasn't over tomorrow. We have now gone 3 days with no numbers from Florida and the Times reported many states didn't report yesterday. As I said on Friday, the numbers from the weekend are irrelevant. However, one good number did come out from Bloomberg yesterday and that is less than 3% of hospital beds are being used by Covid19 patients and that is the lowest since March 2020. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers reported today and finding out our real 7 day average.
It's not over. Not because of the data that comes out tomorrow though. It wasn't over Friday before the weekend either.

The daily numbers aren't going to tell us when it's over. They'll give us hope though that it may be over. Even the daily updates of the 7 day averages aren't going to tell us when it's over, at least not on the first day they change.

At some point we'll look back, determine that the daily average numbers have been low enough for long enough that the pandemic (in the US at least) ended sometime in the past. It's a lagging call, not a finish line tape.

I expect there will be stumbles and staggers as we try to treat it like the finish line tape and declare victory to early. That's what makes future activity planning so difficult, it's all hedged against the risk of last minute changes if we're not really there yet. Make a vacation plan and we get there in time, you're a genius. If we don't get there, you're either scrambling to change plans at some cost or accepting that we're close enough. Individual risk appetite and confidence that we'll get there play a big role in this decision for everyone.

ElvisMickey

Also to all of you grumps in Florida, I’m sorry you’re having a horrible time, I wouldn’t pay full price to Disney right now either, thankfully I only paid 60% in February, and 70% in early May.

Ive been out west traveling to different, more wild, parks and even though I’ve never seen them more crowded, everyone is simply just happy to be here and loving this glorious time of year. This is not the time of year to be in Florida, there are simply much better more comfortable places to be in this country. Expand your horizon, listen to Teddy Roosevelt in Golden Dream and go out and explore the wild!
It’s pretty great when you live here and you can come and go to the parks as you please 😎🦩🌴☀️. And don’t get me started on the west coast, especially California…

CosmicRays

My experience thus far when being here during the pandemic. Waste of 12k.
Everything is half assed. Cast members arw noticeably angry. The lines outside with barriers and mandatory masks is borderline dangerous in this heat. There aren't nearly enough workers to accommodate the crowds. Not enough food places open. Dinning has been **** poor... servers acting like the guests have covid.
Should have just waited. Waste of money. Time. Vacation days from work.
Hotel is beautiful tho...

I've been to wdw about a dozen times. This may be my last for a long long time. Half experience. Full price. Six flags feel
Went in October and felt like the cast members then were already tired and overworked. The lack of shows really hurts the experience right now in my opinion.

Oh and the cast member on slinky. Thank you so much for making the dad carrying his 3 year old wake his kid up so he could put his mask over his nose. Saved many lives.
Those evil parents allowed that little boys mask to slip below his nose.
Thankfully our hero cast member shot out from behind some plants to scold the father.
Place is a mess
Maybe they get paid per scolding.
60% of the time it works everytime.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Looks like NJ Transit will go back to normal as restoration will be back to normal soon as pandemic will be over soon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the issue is most people were unaware that this has always been the way deaths were counted. There is no conspiracy here it’s common practice. If someone has terminal lung cancer and ends up in the hospital and dies from cardiac arrest did they die from a heart attack or cancer? In your example we don’t know if they would have had a heart attack anyway without having terminal lung cancer so it shouldn’t count as someone who died from cancer? If deaths were tracked this way very few people would die from cancer.

excellent point.

damn near every single lung cancer or meso patient has died of respiratory failure.

so does that mean lung cancer actually doesn’t exist and we should powered our wheaties with asbestos??

DCBaker

Premium Member
Cruise news -

"Message from Thomas Mazloum, President, Disney Signature Experiences:

I have some great news to share, team.

We received word that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise in advance of resuming normal operations.

This is a critically important milestone for Disney Cruise Line – and I want to thank everyone who has been supporting our return-to-service plans with such dedication and hard work.

We now have the green light to conduct our two-night simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream from June 29 to July 1, sailing from Port Canaveral. The ship will sail with volunteer passengers and test our newly developed health and safety protocols, which have been meticulously tailored to the current public health environment. All of these protocols are essential to cruising responsibly, and Disney Cruise Line couldn’t be more committed to making vacation dreams come true as it prioritizes the wellbeing of all who step aboard our ships.

Today, as we move closer to restarting our U.S. cruises, I want to spotlight the tremendous resilience and positivity of the team. Your collaboration and continued enthusiasm throughout the pandemic have been nothing short of amazing, as we’ve researched, drafted, revised and refined our comprehensive roadmap for cruising again. It has been no small feat – and I’m extremely proud of everyone.

We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols, working closely with the CDC, and make adjustments as we work toward a full resumption of cruising. In the meantime, we can all take pride in the approval of our application with the CDC – a milestone that reflects the incredible talents of our entire team.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do I feel like dcl is the leader in the clubhouse in the “mostly likely to have a late in the game covid outbreak at sea” sweepstakes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom