Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I could be wrong and would have to consult the law passed that goes into effect 7/1 but the executive order didn't restrict anything with respect to employees, only customers.

I actually looked for this in the law recently and there doesn't seem to be anything in it the prohibits businesses from asking the employees for covid vaccination status. Also, the provisions of the law that prohibit businesses from asking for vaccination status specifically state COVID-19, so this law would not apply to other vaccinations.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The law restricts employers (I've read it). They can ask if you are vaccinated but they can't require proof. Which is a huge problem in healthcare settings especially.

Can you site the specific part of the law that says this? There are sections about businesses not asking customers, governmental entities, and educational institutions, but nothing about businesses asking employees.

DisneyCane

The law restricts employers (I've read it). They can ask if you are vaccinated but they can't require proof. Which is a huge problem in healthcare settings especially.
I'd like to read the full text. What bill number is it? I haven't found it doing a quick search.

Edit: @danlb_2000 posted it. Thanks!

Edit to comment: There is nothing in the law that I see that would prohibit an employer from requiring proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The UO app just updated with new guidelines -

IMG_D123F03F5D83-1.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess they need to decide if the possible confrontation with parents if worth the PR nightmare that would insue. Sure it's going to be obvious, but kicking a family out or telling them to put a mask on poor Suzy obviously isn't going to go over that well.
I’m sure they won’t enforce it. The bigger issue is what this does for kids. We have a rule clearly laid out that says kids under 12 have to wear a mask but some parents are going to allow their kids not to wear the mask anyway. So we are teaching kids that the rules don’t apply to them😳 Great lesson. Just what we need....more snowflakes ❄️

Chip Chipperson

We returned from disney a week ago and it was a noticeable lacking of using the sanitizer after rides. I'm talking practically no one. Everyone was using it when we went last summer. I've always been an advocate of general common courtesy which doesn't have to involve sanitizer but at least covering your mouth with your elbow when coughing and staying home when you have a contagious illness. I get that it's more up to me to wash my hands but golly gee it's easy to do!!!! 🤣😓

Some people may just carry their own sanitizer like my wife and I did. We occasionally used the dispensers after a ride, but sometimes there was a crowd around them or they were placed in a spot that required us to cut in front of other people walking, so we just kept moving and used our small containers. We also stopped at Target on our way to the resort from the airport and got a large bottle of Purell to refill our small containers because we wanted to be sure we had some in case a dispenser in the parks ran out or just wasn't there anymore.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Can you site the specific part of the law that says this? There are sections about businesses not asking customers, governmental entities, and educational institutions, but nothing about businesses asking employees.

You are correct - I could have sworn I saw it there... I take it back, I was mistaken, although it does prevent schools and universities from requiring the COVID vaccine info only. It's odd that they are preventing requiring of proof of COVID vaccine but not any other vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom