Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
He reiterated in his spoken remarks that unvaccinated are still expected to wear masks. He also said he is open to a vaccine passport idea, but still fells there are too many inequities in vaccine distribution and uptake to do so. It’s basically the honor system, like other states are doing. He was clear that the policy follows the CDC guidelines.

It's a subtle difference between unvaccinated required to wear masks but with no way to verify, and recommending they wear them but not requiring it.,

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Masks, social distancing will be staying until November, nooo! Is this will be changing before November 7th? Is capacity will changed to 100% and others too? Also movie theaters in NJ will not have masks and social distancing anymore by June and July?

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Eh back from an eye appointment. Woman came in with her young kids, definitely not old enough for shot. None masked, threw a fit they were all required to wear a mask. Woman said "well I'm vaccinated so I don't have to". That doesn't explain the kids. Receptionist just told her everyone mask or they can't be seen. Yes there is still a sign on the door stating masks required. And email or text reminders for appointments also state masks required.
The ONLY patients they have accepted without a mask are a few elderly that cannot vaccinate and their appointments are certain days when no one else will be allowed in. (Only know this part cause I had to wait outside for an appointment last month, showed up a bit early, elderly lady hadn't finished yet. Receptionist explained why)

GimpYancIent

Masks, social distancing will be staying until November, nooo! Is this will be changing before November 7th? Is capacity will changed to 100% and others too? Also movie theaters in NJ will not have masks and social distancing anymore by June and July?
The race will limit capacity to 33,000 participants rather than 55,000 participants. The event will be huge any way you slice it. Capacity percentages are meaningless when talking such a large field of participants. Runners are simply pumped that events are coming on line LIVE!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The race will limit capacity to 33,000 participants rather than 55,000 participants. The event will be huge any way you slice it. Capacity percentages are meaningless when talking such a large field of participants. Runners are simply pumped that events are coming on line LIVE!
Is the event won't have masks and social distancing anymore by November 7th? Also is movie theaters in NJ won't have masks and social distancing anymore by June and July?

GimpYancIent

Is the event won't have masks and social distancing anymore by November 7th? Also is movie theaters in NJ won't have masks and social distancing anymore by June and July?
I see, you are not a runner. I have done the NYCM and others considering the point things have advanced to combating COVID and the fact the other marathoners, I know, have also been training w / out masks (yea we run outdoors) by November runners, support personnel and spectators will, the vast majority, not be wearing masks. There will always be a few fearful ones w masks sprinkled about in the crowd.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I see, you are not a runner. I have done the NYCM and others considering the point things have advanced to combating COVID and the fact the other marathoners, I know, have also been training w / out masks (yea we run outdoors) by November runners, support personnel and spectators will, the vast majority, not be wearing masks.
I'm not a runner, but one more thing I tell ya, is movie theaters in NJ won't have masks and social distancing anymore by next month and July?

GimpYancIent

I'm not a runner, but one more thing I tell ya, is movie theaters in NJ won't have masks and social distancing anymore by next month and July?
I hear and understand what you are saying. I am not a big frequenter of movie theaters though I periodically do watch a movie. My pursuits involve, despite being slower (I am not getting younger) seeing how many pairs of running shoes I can wear out. I am waiting (along w many other aficionados) for run Disney to bring out its LIVE running event schedule and calendar. That will definitely liven up WDW and (fingers crossed) DL too! As for masks and social distancing in movie theaters in NJ, well, I am quite sure the protocols for all such venues nation wide will be scaled way back by November.

sullyinMT

I see, you are not a runner. I have done the NYCM and others considering the point things have advanced to combating COVID and the fact the other marathoners, I know, have also been training w / out masks (yea we run outdoors) by November runners, support personnel and spectators will, the vast majority, not be wearing masks. There will always be a few fearful ones w masks sprinkled about in the crowd.
It’s incredibly refreshing to see live races coming back! Ironman Tulsa went off this weekend, and the Livestreams looked amazing. Lake Placid will be open to vaccinated athletes and volunteers this summer. Looking forward to what California (Sacramento hosts) does this fall, as that’s a race I’m eyeing for next year.

Touchdown

I don’t know why the Wisconsin DHS lags the cdc but I won’t consider it official until I see it there.
82F8C3CF-ABA3-4292-92DF-01CB46F9EE3D.jpeg

ifan

It's been really, really cool to watch the 7 day national average of new cases drop from ~68k per day on April 18 to 23k~ on May 23. It's a steady 1k or so per day drop lately. By the end of the week it will be at a record low since the pandemic began, even with much higher testing in 2021 vs 2020.

Exciting! I wonder where it will start to flatten out - thankfully no signs of this yet.

ParentsOf4

Why wouldn’t good enough be enough? You keep saying that like it’s a bad thing. No offense, but I will take the estimates and recommendations of actual experts like Fauci who are giving their educated opinions or look at real life examples in other countries. How is Israel doing with 60% of their population vaccinated with 1 shot?
Perhaps because "good enough" has a tendency to come back and bite you in the butt later.
Making a copy of these so we can see who's right in a few months...

😁

Me? I don't have a clue.

😁

ParentsOf4

Yes let's keep wearing masks forever. 🙄.

That's not what most are saying. Most would have liked to see a higher percentage of vaccination before mitigations were dropped.

What my issue is is with the few who know have flip flopped their stance cause they know a 75% vaccination rate isn't likely so good enough is good enough.
I live in a Republican county in Georgia and yet most people at Walmart, Target, Publix, etc. continue to wear masks.

Maybe it was OK to drop some mitigations.

Maybe most people will do the right thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Making a copy of these so we can see who's right in a few months...

😁

Me? I don't have a clue.

😁
I have no clue either. The only thing I know for sure is that I want this to be over...and the vaccines are safe and effective 🥳🥳🥳

At some point a year or more from now experts will look back at what happened and determine what level of vaccination we had to reach to actually reach herd immunity. Maybe we already hit that point and don’t know it yet.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I have no clue either. The only thing I know for sure is that I want this to be over...and the vaccines are safe and effective 🥳🥳🥳

At some point a year or more from now experts will look back at what happened and determine what level of vaccination we had to reach to actually reach herd immunity. Maybe we already hit that point and don’t know it yet.
Next week is NJ will lift indoor masks for good, is movie theaters will lose masks and social distancing by next month in NJ? @GoofGoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom