Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s still over a week away. I was thinking with this official news that he would announce it much sooner.
He could do one any time I guess. I just know that at the last press conference they said the next regularly scheduled one is scheduled for June 2. @DCBaker any word on a press conference?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.40.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.40.31 PM.png

mmascari

NJ is lifting it's indoor mask mandate for public locations entirely on May 28th.

Are they dropping the mask mandates for everyone or just for fully vaccinated people?

MD should be open to everything, no mandates for anything by 5/28. Once past 70% and it's at 68.2% today.

It's already dropped for fully vaccinated peopled.

Basically, everything should be open and almost all (if not all) restrictions dropped by then.

NY Times has MD at 5/100,000 cases and 0.18 deaths. I would like to see it closer to 3/100,000 cases and 0.05/100,000 deaths, but there's still most of a week to get there.

If I was setting the mandate, it would drop at 3.1/100,000 cases and 0.05/100,000 deaths and be reestablished at 5/100,000 cases and 0.10/100,000 deaths. Split actions so it's not flip flopping every day with a clear removal floor and reestablish ceiling. Whatever gets and keeps us at those levels.

correcaminos

12-15 age fully vaccinated date will be June 18th, though some states are already reporting a miniscule amount already received their 2nd shot.
Hate to put it like this but if I see an adult with kids that are presumably elementary age and none including the adult is wearing a mask in the grocery store I assume the adult isn't vaccinated.
How have 12-15 year olds gotten their 2nd shot? June 1st (give or take a day) is when the earlier will be due. June 14th for 2 weeks (though technically Pfizer has stated 1)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I observed something unexpected this morning at a Walmart in a red part of FL which never had a local mask mandate. Today was my first visit there since the policy was officially changed to allow no mask for vaccinated customers and employees.

There was a higher percentage of people wearing masks than under the old policy of mandatory masks. I used to see a lot of employees wearing a chin strap or having their nose exposed and today they all had nose and mouth covered.

Maybe the unvaccinated customers are more willing to comply with an "either/or" choice instead of a single option demand.

For the employees, maybe Walmart is being more strict if an employee doesn't prove they are fully vaccinated.
I am thinking Walmart is actually checking employees. At my local Walmart 80% of the staff was wearing masks and maybe 10% of the customers.

Patcheslee

How have 12-15 year olds gotten their 2nd shot? June 1st (give or take a day) is when the earlier will be due. June 14th for 2 weeks (though technically Pfizer has stated 1)
I have no idea, Indiana is reporting 151 fully vaccinated as of yesterday. Guess some people could have fudged birthdays to get the appointment, showed up and corrected the info, but didn't get turned away? Or 15yos that would be turning 16 before their 2nd shot, I don't know. Mine got hers the first day availability opened up: May 13th. 2nd dose is June 3rd

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I am thinking Walmart is actually checking employees. At my local Walmart 80% of the staff was wearing masks and maybe 10% of the customers.
Maybe the employees are more cautious now with the mandates being lifted for the general populace (who may or may not have been wearing masks there anyway). Who knows. People will people.

correcaminos

I have no idea, Indiana is reporting 151 fully vaccinated as of yesterday. Guess some people could have fudged birthdays to get the appointment, showed up and corrected the info, but didn't get turned away? Or 15yos that would be turning 16 before their 2nd shot, I don't know. Mine got hers the first day availability opened up: May 13th. 2nd dose is June 3rd
Quite strange. 15yos turning 16 for 2nd shot still wouldn't fit either. We found a place that offered after the FDA approval so we're scheduled a hair earlier than some.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Maybe the employees are more cautious now with the mandates being lifted for the general populace (who may or may not have been wearing masks there anyway). Who knows. People will people.
I'm thinking this is not the case. Maybe 1 in 10 of the employees were wearing masks correctly. Most were sporting "chin straps".

carolina_yankee

This says fully vaccinated people only.

Yes, this is confusing. The statements the governor made did not make that distinction, but another speaker later on said it was for vaccinated people only.

View attachment 559843

He reiterated in his spoken remarks that unvaccinated are still expected to wear masks. He also said he is open to a vaccine passport idea, but still fells there are too many inequities in vaccine distribution and uptake to do so. It’s basically the honor system, like other states are doing. He was clear that the policy follows the CDC guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom