Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas998

Can we make a new thread for you guys to argue about whether this is a real threat or not?

Or a new thread to talk about coronavirus and disney world?

Or is it just a lost cause at this point?
Did you not notice the title of this thread? If you want a corona-free discussion going to a threat titled "coronavirus and walt disney world" is probably not a good place to look. Might I suggest something in the "Everest Effects Watch" thread? It may be corona-free.

SoFloMagic

Did you not notice the title of this thread? If you want a corona-free discussion going to a threat titled "coronavirus and walt disney world" is probably not a good place to look. Might I suggest something in the "Everest Effects Watch" thread? It may be corona-free.
Not corona-free. Corona and disney world... like the thread title. I'd like more of that and less conspiracy theories and BS.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
sooooooo Why not give all those facts? why treat people as stupid and can't rationally think (or critically think)?
1584634803095.png

1584634839326.png

1584634950552.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is that really true that some UV light kills it?
Did you click on the link in my post?

If you're worried about catching a virus from strange links... (and that's a reasonable position)...
"
ANSAN, South Korea, March 12, 2020 — Seoul Viosys, a developer of UV LED technology and a subsidiary of Seoul Semiconductor, announced this week that customer inquiries for its violeds UV LED products, which can be used for sterilizing bacteria, increased more than five times over the previous month, fueled by concerns over the continuing global spread of the virus causing Covid-19.

With growing concerns over the spread of the virus, several Chinese automotive companies are actively reviewing adoption of Seoul’s violeds UV LED technology in sterilization systems for vehicle interiors. Violeds UV LED technology has also been used by NASA aboard the International Space Station to provide a germ-free environment for astronauts.

Seoul’s violeds UV LED technology has been adopted by Maltani, the largest Korean lighting company, for sterilization lighting applications, and by RGF Environmental Group, an in-duct air treatment supplier in the U.S. known for its Halo-LED indoor air quality system.

Seoul Viosys said that until recently many companies had been conservative in their adoption of UV LED technology due to conventional UV LEDs having a typically short lifetime (10,000 hours) and high cost. The company said it has improved the lifetime of its violeds UV LED to more than 50,000 hours, comparable to visible LEDs used for general lighting applications, and also increased production capacity to achieve cost competitiveness. The company states that 60 seconds of UV-C (100-280 nm) LED light exposure can sterilize 90% of coronavirus viruses and 97% of influenza-type viruses.

“Seoul Viosys is committed to developing technology that protects human health and creates a cleaner world, and we have long been involved in developing UV LEDs for innovative biomedical and agricultural applications,” said Chung Hoon Lee, CEO of Seoul Semiconductor. “We hope that Seoul’s violeds UV LED technology will help protect human health and create a cleaner world in the face of the current health situation.” "

DisneyCane

this may be a dumb question, but how did H1N1 and SARS and MERS disappear without a vaccine? I mean, maybe they’re still around but just in smaller numbers, but they’re still not on the vaccine schedule. Could the Coronavirus do the same?
I think they were just less contagious. (Corona being 1000x as contagious as SARS). So was easier to contain.

A big part of the "disappearance" of those illnesses is because they caused severe illness in a very high percentage of patients. This allowed for quarantines to be effective.

On the level of contagiousness, part of the SARS-CoV-2 ability to spread may be the number of people with mild cases. In the normal course of life, somebody hacking up a lung and feeling half dead isn't likely to go to a party. Also, if they are out in public, people will notices and try to steer clear of them. Somebody with a mild cough from COVID-19 may have gone to a party without thinking twice.

Just to report something positive and provide hope for the world over... China just reported no new local coronavirus transmissions for the first time!

Come on folks, let's try to focus on the positive news instead of the negative. It will 1) help us all get through this and 2) might even put some urgency in our step to accelerate the process of getting to where China is. Whether you want to believe it or not, they are ahead of us in fighting this disease.

China went on lockdown on January 23rd. That is just under 2 months.

Not to put a damper on the good news but this report is coming from the same country that told the WHO that "have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV)" on January 14th. Forgive me for not trusting their numbers.

thomas998

sooooooo Why not give all those facts? why treat people as stupid and can't rationally think (or critically think)?

They are politicians... they didn't get elected by facts, they got elected by being the best at manipulating people into voting for them.. or they are at the top of those agencies because they were the best at taking credit for what others did while putting blame on someone else when something went wrong... The way the system works you don't get honest people at the top because honesty isn't rewarded and will often result in your losing an election or being demoted.

When the system you live under rewards liars and punishes the honest, you'll never end up with people at the top having enough faith in humanity to be honest even if they had the capacity to actual tell the truth.

thomas998

Not corona-free. Corona and disney world... like the thread title. I'd like more of that and less conspiracy theories and BS.
Well the problem is the only thing you can really say about Corona and Disney is that Disney is closed because of the coronavirus. Now you can't really say much about a place that isn't open beyond that... so the only thing left is the coronavirus itself.

LittleBuford

I don't believe the WHO because they are one of the notorious agenda driven agencies that wouldn't know the truth if it bit them.
I take the CDC with a grain of salt because like other government agencies they tend to have agendas like the Surgeon General and his manipulative lies.
No clue about the Imperial College...
In short, I'll take what they say as something to consider, but only after I've looked at the data behind what they are saying... but I wouldn't just accept anything they say on its face.

So you’re left with just your own assumptions to go on?

thomas998

WDW and DLR donating excess food to Second Harvest Food Bank. Kudos to TWDC!😊
I'm sure they can make use of the canned or dry goods... but if they get swamped with lots of food that spoils like meats and veggies I'm not sure what they would do with it all. That could be a huge amount of food to have to distribute in a short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom