Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

I'm sure they can make use of the canned or dry goods... but if they get swamped with lots of food that spoils like meats and veggies I'm not sure what they would do with it all. That could be a huge amount of food to have to distribute in a short amount of time.
I read something like 18,000 meals total.

TrainsOfDisney

I disagree. That pastor put not just his parishioners at risk, but also every single person each of them come in contact with. I DO NOT want to see us get to a point where Martial Law gets put into place, but unless something is done to curb people behaving against the recommendations, I don't see how all these closures are going to be successful.

You’re trying to blame individual people for the spread of a disease that we have no control over. The efforts the USA is making will not stop the disease from spreading, it will slow it from spreading. And those efforts will work.

My parents decided to go to church last night - they said there weren’t even 25 people in the building. I don’t think they are bad people for wanting to go to church. I don’t think I’m a bad person for stopping by my local coffee shop. We all need to be able to make some decisions for ourselves.

thomas998

So you’re left with just your own assumptions to go on?
No, left with having to sift through scientific studies and reports behind everything they say to see if they are telling the truth or lying through their teeth. Or do you think masks don't work because the Surgeon General said they don't.

Rich Brownn

Latest report shows 48% of the people hospitalized are under 55. The second largest group is 20-44 ar 28%.
And, of course, you might not die... but lifelong effects (such a lung tissue scarring) is very possible. It's not fun, I know this personally.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So what you're saying is the Spring Break partiers should be safe as long as the beaches are sunny and they skip the sunscreen.
Well, now you're asking them to choose between COVID-19 (which they think is harmless to them) and skin cancer (which they're not worried about anyway).

ImperfectPixie

You’re trying to blame individual people for the spread of a disease that we have no control over. The efforts the USA is making will not stop the disease from spreading, it will slow it from spreading. And those efforts will work.

My parents decided to go to church last night - they said there weren’t even 25 people in the building. I don’t think they are bad people for wanting to go to church. I don’t think I’m a bad person for stopping by my local coffee shop. We all need to be able to make some decisions for ourselves.
I'm not disagreeing with your 2nd paragraph. But when over 200 people insist on getting together in one room, "holding hands and dancing"...it's a big problem that could potentially put a huge number of people at risk. Look at the pictures from Clearwater...how large do you think the number of people who come in contact with all of them is?

Jwink

New house bill calls for $2K per month payments to all adults. They are also suspending all consumer and small business credit payments and setting up a facility to make lenders whole. There will also be a forbearance on loans for rental properties while rent is not being collected. Debt collection will be prohibited. Thats gonna be expensive but probably necessary in the short run.

Did this pass?! Is it for everyone? This would be so helpful

celluloid

Ocean Park, which is a major theme park in Shanghai is said to be attempting an open tomorrow(tonight in US time zone comparisons.) Interesting to see if Shanghai Disneyland follows suit soon as well as Hong Kong, of course, the difference being that Ocean park is profitable to operate.

ELG13

And the staff will enjoy reading the letters
No-only a % among the CRITICALLY ill will require vent.
I believe the media is NOT reporting everything in context. If you look at all the sources provided in this thread and actually READ them (not the news reporting but the actual studies the news is basing their headlines/soundbites on) there would be a very different picture emerging. Calm doesn't mean Complacent. This is very likely a highly infectious virus. There are quite likely a lot more cases already out, about and recovered than being captured. And panic induced stock sell off is helping how?
So asking for the reasoning behind the hype the is wrong now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the point is WE DON'T KNOW the extent and asking for calm and data is somehow wrong? BTW I work in healthcare and in a high risk group (asthma due to extensive 2nd hand smoke exposure as a child). And yet I've managed to survive somehow all these years being around highly infectious patients that could have seriously impacted me. Ya know- being sensible and washing your hands ALL the time not just when panic hits
And this is exactly what I have been saying. People take a teeny part and put it out there as gods given truth when in fact, it is part of a much larger context and has to be taken into account.
sooooooo Why not give all those facts? why treat people as stupid and can't rationally think (or critically think)?
Yes-realize most of the residents won't be able to read them without help anyway. Staff can read to them while wearing gloves. It will lift up the staff as well. The activity directors at the homes still have to provide activities to avoid isolation depression in this population. Being able to read this, and possibly hang in room after paper quarentine to brighten room is a great thing to do.
Yes. Percentage. But if there are not enough to provide for that percentage......what happens? The point is to make sure there are enough for those people that need them.

Giss Neric

Ocean Park, which is a major theme park in Shanghai is said to be attempting an open tomorrow(tonight in US time zone comparisons.) Interesting to see if Shanghai Disneyland follows suit soon as well as Hong Kong, of course, the difference being that Ocean park is profitable to operate.
Ocean Park is in Hong Kong.

Okay, my bad. There is Haichang Ocean Park in Shanghai too but Ocean Park is considered the Six Flags of Hong Kong that's why it's known.

celluloid

Ocean Park is in Hong Kong.

Okay, my bad. There is Haichang Ocean Park in Shanghai too but Ocean Park is considered the Six Flags of Hong Kong that's why it's known.

Semantics, neither Disney parks or Six Flags are profitable in china and people commonly poop in the bushes at both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom