Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

It looks like it’s time to once again post credentials of what one of the most amazing contributors to our health in all of our lifetimes has done.
Science doesn’t care what you believe. So when you hear something from a top scientist and it doesn’t go along with your opinions and then start calling the guy a buffoon or worse, the ignore button kicks in and it makes this thread a lot quicker to read.
Science is hard work and it doesn’t come gift wrapped in a box for everyone to see what it is. We are still figuring this latest thing out and will be for years. We rely on science because it’s better then just making things up. So if the answers just don’t make sense.. and one month there’s a answer but the next month it changes.. guess what? That’s science working.

2 links.. find time to read and realize the guy has more talent in his pinkie then we all do put together Z

Archie123

It looks like it’s time to once again post credentials of what one of the most amazing contributors to our health in all of our lifetimes has done.
Science doesn’t care what you believe. So when you hear something from a top scientist and it doesn’t go along with your opinions and then start calling the guy a buffoon or worse, the ignore button kicks in and it makes this thread a lot quicker to read.
Science is hard work and it doesn’t come gift wrapped in a box for everyone to see what it is. We are still figuring this latest thing out and will be for years. We rely on science because it’s better then just making things up. So if the answers just don’t make sense.. and one month there’s a answer but the next month it changes.. guess what? That’s science working.

2 links.. find time to read and realize the guy has more talent in his pinkie then we all do put together Z

No matter what his credentials are there are some morons who think he lies, move goal posts, etc. These are people who think he was supposed to have all the answers on day one of the pandemic and that he should never have changed his scientific opinion based on changing data. You can't fix the stupid in some people so why bother.

CatesMom

So being lied to and mislead is hyperbole….
Are you saying that people were "lied to and misled" if they don't view the vaccine as a "get out of jail free card" releasing people who take it from further mitigation measures, and instead believe that mitigation measures should remain in place until a greater (and as-yet undefined) percentage of people are vaccinated than we have today? Because both of those positions depend on people getting the vaccine. Arms out!

ImperfectPixie

No matter what his credentials are there are some morons who think he lies, move goal posts, etc. These are people who think he was supposed to have all the answers on day one of the pandemic and that he should never have changed his scientific opinion based on changing data. You can't fix the stupid in some people so why bother.
I really believe that part of the psychological effects of a pandemic are that people need a target to be angry at and to blame.

ABQ

Here you go. One of their own saying that they spread falsehoods. There's another FOX reporter also saying that she was forced (forced is her word) to write a story that was untrue.

It goes both ways though.

And the writer who was forced to write the article worked for The NY Post, not for Fox.

ImperfectPixie

It goes both ways though.

And the writer who was forced to write the article worked for The NY Post, not for Fox.
The NY Post is almost as bad as the Enquirer.

Also never said CNN was a reliable source...they are too click-hungry and use misleading headlines and too many loaded words/spinny phrases.

I prefer the NY Times, WaPo, AP or BBC.

ImperfectPixie

An article like this is does not endear people to get vaccine.

First...look at the source. FOX. Hard pass.

Second - and this is important:

Sahin said the reports appeared to be anecdotal, and added that monitoring by public health authorities in countries like the United States or Germany showed no unusual incidence of such symptoms.

correcaminos

What were are seeing locally is appointment availability even for today, but those are during work and school hours. To get an appointment for after 3:30pm for Pfizer have to go out to May 13th. Moderna same day available after work/school, J&J not even available. At this point I highly doubt even when Pfizer gets approved for 12-15 they will open it up quickly.
Why wouldn't they? If you get lucky to get an appointment who cares who it is open to. I'll pull my kid from school to be vaccinated if needed. I know I'm not the only one. Our schools have held clinics and are completely encouraging to those kids to get it. They are also requesting us to send a copy of the card to the school to keepi records in file like every other vaccine.

CatesMom

Why wouldn't they? If you get lucky to get an appointment who cares who it is open to. I'll pull my kid from school to be vaccinated if needed. I know I'm not the only one. Our schools have held clinics and are completely encouraging to those kids to get it. They are also requesting us to send a copy of the card to the school to keepi records in file like every other vaccine.
My daughter misses school for orthodontist and doctors appointments, so this would be just the same.

ImperfectPixie

OOOHHHH I forgot it was not your beloved New York Times. Yeah I remember you from the political forum.
A FOX reporter just slammed the outlet he works for for spreading falsehoods. That should tell you something.

ImperfectPixie

My daughter misses school for orthodontist and doctors appointments, so this would be just the same.
I think a bigger issue is people having to miss work.

Nubs70

Look into Gain of Function research.

correcaminos

I think a bigger issue is people having to miss work.
3:30 was given which is not a usual quitting time for those who work more of a 9-5 schedule, but a school end time. So I assumed not work but school. Granted it's a fallacy to assume all people work 9-5 schedules anyway, but that's where my brain went.
My thoughts exactly. We pull for check ups too though I try to schedule it during easy classes. My kid knows he's being pulled if need be for this already.
An article like this is does not help the cause to get people to get the vaccine.

Agree it doesn't help. Much like someone spreading about heavy periods after and then leading to infertility. People have said to me many times that the trial doesn't track, but they sure asked me for any health changes. As a woman I would have noted it too, but nothing changed for me (and I had my period between each shot). Correlation is not causation either. Stress can happen to make things worse for women. Sorry if TMI but that other one floated around so much lately. Some don't see the damage it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom