Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hmmmmm I wonder if Disney would consider a park in Canada! Already have a potential theme to work with in Frozen just have a Queen Elsa castle rather than a Cinderella castle. It may impact the tourism flow from southward to northward. If Canada is such a sought after destination now it would be good business sense for Disney to invest there. You know emphasize things like snow rather than periodic tropic showers. Just a suggestion.
I see a huge profit center there. If they can hit up guests for $50 for a cheap plastic rain poncho for afternoon thunderstorms in FL imagine what they could charge for a fully insulated winter parka :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Patcheslee

Nice.

I am so ready! any other "insider" tips on waitlists for unused dosages, please post them here folks!
I just became eligible today in Indiana, usually when they've expanded age groups the website updates around 8am even if the group hasn't been officially announced. Then Kroger takes another couple hours to open to the same group, and around me much sooner appointments. IN site offered April 28th so had it scheduled, then saw Kroger finally updated so taking that and canceling the health department one.

Kevin_W

Big difference between being a desirable migration destination and wanting to build a four season theme park there

Many years ago, we went to Cedar Point's Halloweekends on a Friday night in October. As we pulled into the parking lot, light snow flurries started. We rode rollercoasters wearing winter jackets and ski goggles - it was really quite an enjoyable time! You can always put on more layers. When it's 95° with a dew point of 80° in Florida it's just gross no matter what you are wearing.

seascape

Florida stayed at 21 for another day. This is not good but at least Florida is nowhere near NJ's 45 cases per 100,000. Even NY is down to 30 and about to leave that horrible level. Think of this NJ has 50% more cases per 100,000 than it's neighbor NY. NJ needs to do better. 10 states are still in single digits and 5 at 10. Hopefully tomorrow only 2 states will be over 30 and NY and Michigan both at 30 get to 29 or less.

Heppenheimer

Many years ago, we went to Cedar Point's Halloweekends on a Friday night in October. As we pulled into the parking lot, light snow flurries started. We rode rollercoasters wearing winter jackets and ski goggles - it was really quite an enjoyable time! You can always put on more layers. When it's 95° with a dew point of 80° in Florida it's just gross no matter what you are wearing.
Disney as a company seems to be firmly rooted in a warm-weather mindset. Witness the plot of Frozen, where the presence of a blizzard in Scandinavia is treated like a national disaster.

I agree, I would rather put on more warm clothing than walk around saturated in sweat.

SamusAranX

Disney as a company seems to be firmly rooted in a warm-weather mindset. Witness the plot of Frozen, where the presence of a blizzard in Scandinavia is treated like a national disaster.

I agree, I would rather put on more warm clothing than walk around saturated in sweat.

I am so warm when I snowboard in the teens, I still sweat. Would rather layer up any day of the week

Chip Chipperson

I much prefer Disney in the Winter. In addition to the Christmas Party, the weather is less likely to make me so hot that I have no appetite for anything but water and Gatorade until I get back to my air conditioned resort room. Even if it ends up being jeans and a hoodie weather, that's much warmer than I'd be back home in NJ (except for that one DVC Moonlight Magic in Epcot in December a few years ago where the temperature dipped down to the low-30s at night and the only gloves they had for sale were less than useful for that level of cold).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom