Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjack300zx

They took all the Krispy kreme out of the grocery stores here because Krispy Kreme was haven to many problems trying to service all the stores

mmascari

I wonder if they'll take my letter instead. Will be asking about a card tomorrow though.
From the FAQ:

HOW DO I PROVE THAT I’VE BEEN VACCINATED?​

Any qualified guest needs to show their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to redeem the COVID-19 Vaccine Offer.

DOES MY VACCINE STICKER QUALIFY?​

A COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card needs to be provided to receive the offer. A sticker stating the guest have received a COVID-19 vaccine does not qualify them for this offer.

The trial letter is interesting. You could probably argue it's as valid as the card. I bet they just give you a donut. It's not like this is some higher stakes thing where giving you the free donut risks exposing someone. It's a coupon where they didn't do the ad copy. The FAQ seems to draw the fake qualification between people willing to show a sticker and those willing to create a fake vaccine card. Just like a real coupon wouldn't be accepted if it wasn't an original. Assuming it was even a paper thing and not an email on someone's phone. My guess is the front line worker would accept an official looking letter. Since, who's going to go to the trouble of faking that for one donut. They might as well assume it's real, which in your case, it would be real.

Assuming you want the donut and it's not to far out of the way and you have the letter on you. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One donut doesn't make you fat. :rolleyes:
1616443118726.png

MickeyLuv'r

Just wondering, have other states announced yet when everyone is eligible? According to the latest press release in Vermont, everyone down to age 16 can register starting on April 5th, although no word yet on how soon the appointment openings will follow.
I scanned about 40 states' websites a few days ago. Sadly, there is no consistency. IMO, the whole thing is a hot mess. A few states have clear information about who is eligible and when the next group should be eligible- but even those were often pretty outdated. (Since May 1 was announced as a day when everyone should be eligible.)

Every state has different criteria for eligibility. Health care workers, 75+ were top categories in every state, but after that the criteria gets murky. Some are more focused on age, others have more focus on certain professions.

Then...well....hard to explain, but when spelling out professions and included medical conditions some states were WAY too specific, while others were way too vague. Cancer gets frequent mention, but I'm sure many less-common conditions exist that make people vulnerable, but just aren't common enough to list. To give a fairly wide-spread well-known comorbidity: most states list COPD, but not all list asthma.

Some only allow employed teachers, other states appeared to allow all caretakers. (or something close to that type of wording)

The lack of consistency is appalling! No wonder people are very frustrated. IMO, inconsistent public messaging =a failure.

Lilofan

Covid vaccine recipients rejoice! Krispy Kreme has announced if one shows their CDC card with full vaccination at their stores, one can get free donut everyday of the year 2021!

Chi84

Premium Member
Covid vaccine recipients rejoice! Krispy Kreme has announced if one shows their CDC card with full vaccination at their stores, one can get free donut everyday of the year 2021!
It seems you only need one of the Pfizer or Moderna shots to qualify. Not a fan of junk food, but if it encourages people to get vaccinated I guess that's a plus.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Broadway shows are releasing re-opening teasers. I'm aware of Company and Six. No dates, of course, but major decisions were made to put them out in the ether. Shows themselves have not introduced anything even remotely arbitrary until now. Insiders are saying that shows that can thrive on New York attendance alone are going to open before the tourist behemoths like Wicked and The Lion King do. Also, it seems Phantom may not return at all. Even for those who have long been waiting for it to die, it's a NY institution and it's still a huge loss.

DisneyDebRob

I much prefer Disney in the Winter. In addition to the Christmas Party, the weather is less likely to make me so hot that I have no appetite for anything but water and Gatorade until I get back to my air conditioned resort room. Even if it ends up being jeans and a hoodie weather, that's much warmer than I'd be back home in NJ (except for that one DVC Moonlight Magic in Epcot in December a few years ago where the temperature dipped down to the low-30s at night and the only gloves they had for sale were less than useful for that level of cold).
I believe I may have bumped into you that night as Disney got another 100 bucks from me for 2 hoodies on that evening. Shorts and a hoodie and enough free cocoa that I think I’m still getting rid of it. Be honest though, I love cold days and nights in Disney. So beats the sweat.

mmascari

Every state has different criteria for eligibility. Health care workers, 75+ were top categories in every state, but after that the criteria gets murky. Some are more focused on age, others have more focus on certain professions.

The lack of consistency is appalling! No wonder people are very frustrated. IMO, inconsistent public messaging =a failure.
These are the dates I'm watching in our state.
PHASE 2C
WHO: Age 55 and older, as well as essential workers in critical industries, including construction
workers, food services, utilities, transportation, financial services, IT and other infrastructure.

WHEN: April 13
PHASE 3
WHO: General population, including healthy adults age 16 and older.
WHEN: April 27
Other than retired and unemployed people, I'm not sure what the difference is between 2C and 3. I suppose it keeps unemployed college age and teenagers out of 2C.

There's not a direct definition of workers in 2C, but there is a link to a national definition.

That's almost 24 pages of dense text describing essential workers. I'm not even sure what jobs are possible that don't fall into one of those categories. I'm pretty sure I fall into several, and I've been working from home since long before the pandemic. 😂

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just wondering, have other states announced yet when everyone is eligible? According to the latest press release in Vermont, everyone down to age 16 can register starting on April 5th, although no word yet on how soon the appointment openings will follow.
For PA the Governor has committed that all of our 1a category will at least have appointments by the end of March. That includes healthcare workers, nursing homes, 65+ and 16-64 with high risk conditions and now teachers who moved up from 1B. 1B and 1C includes various essential worker groups and then 2 is the general public. They have also made it clear that they plan to use the JnJ shots the state gets on specific essential worker groups similar to how they did the teachers. The next groups include firefighters, law enforcement and other first responders, grocery store and other essential retail retail workers and factory workers. The plan is to allocate the doses to unions and chains to distribute to their workers on site and capture the rest of the workers who work for smaller employers at mass vaccination sites. In addition starting April 1 they will open general appointments to more of the essential worker groups. The goal is to get through those groups in time to meet the May 1 deadline for the general public, but by May 1 there won’t be very many people left since the essential worker groups cover so many people.

correcaminos

From the FAQ:

The trial letter is interesting. You could probably argue it's as valid as the card. I bet they just give you a donut. It's not like this is some higher stakes thing where giving you the free donut risks exposing someone. It's a coupon where they didn't do the ad copy. The FAQ seems to draw the fake qualification between people willing to show a sticker and those willing to create a fake vaccine card. Just like a real coupon wouldn't be accepted if it wasn't an original. Assuming it was even a paper thing and not an email on someone's phone. My guess is the front line worker would accept an official looking letter. Since, who's going to go to the trouble of faking that for one donut. They might as well assume it's real, which in your case, it would be real.

Assuming you want the donut and it's not to far out of the way and you have the letter on you. :)
I have only a digital copy (it was sent via email) I do go tomorrow for a blood draw. I'll ask about a card then. Not for this, but just in case for other things. I would actually give a KK donut to my kid.

MaryJaneP

Thanks GoofGoof. We are in our upper 50's with serious healthcare conditions such that we qualify for 1a status and are in PA. Despite registering with the county board of health months ago, we have not been contacted by any vaccine locations and our local grocery store pharmacy has apparently been giving shots to grocery store workers, regardless of their age or other health concerns. May 1st seems too far out of reach for us to receive both doses. Maybe that's the way things are everywhere. Doesn't sound like it, but patience is our guide.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With another 2M shots done yesterday we are now just a hair under a quarter of the US population with at least 1 shot (24.9%) and about 1/3 or eligible adults at least started. 6 weeks to go until May 1 and unless some kids are approved by then I think we will be mostly out of adults who want the shot by then if we keep up or expand the pace.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks GoofGoof. We are in our upper 50's with serious healthcare conditions such that we qualify for 1a status and are in PA. Despite registering with the county board of health months ago, we have not been contacted by any vaccine locations and our local grocery store pharmacy has apparently been giving shots to grocery store workers, regardless of their age or other health concerns. May 1st seems too far out of reach for us to receive both doses. Maybe that's the way things are everywhere. Doesn't sound like it, but patience is our guide.
What side of PA? I’ve seen some open appointments recently on CVS but in Altoona and Somerset which are the opposite side of the state from me. Rite Aid has been getting the extra doses coming from the federal government in PA so that’s a good site to focus on. If you have the time check it a few times a day since it seems like appointments are added randomly. Another good option if you are near Philly are the FEMA mass sites. Last week they had one in Camden NJ for Camden residents only but I had heard of a few people who went down and got shots from the waste line. They just showed up about an hour before close and asked and got in. I have a neighbor who did the same at the PA convention center last weekend. It was supposed to be for Philly residents in specific zip codes but they let walk ups in at the end of the day. I think that one is still going for a few more days. Good luck :)

hopemax

In CO, they have not announced a firm date for everyone to be eligible. The 2nd to last group just opened Friday. The last group is expected mid-April. The Western Slope has more hesitancy issues, so their ready to just open it up to everyone but the Governor is trying to get them to hold a little longer. We already have lots of people driving 4-8 hours for appointments when if everyone just waited a little bit longer, they would likely be able to find something more local. The eagerness is a good sign for reaching targets, but I don't think the Gov wants to encourage the need for long drives. Every group has opened a little earlier than expected, so once they get some data in on how things are going with this newest phase (and how well the three new mass vax sites are doing) it won't be that long to get a more firm April date.

We go tomorrow, and I admit having the appointments booked means I am following the announcements less. But now I have to pay attention to WDW stuff, since I am finally going to visit my Dad on May 6th.

correcaminos

Ohio is opening all slots to all today. Initially said the 29th, but if there is now a slot that's bookable, they have to give it to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom