Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s the thing tho who determines if it is enough and if it isn’t does everyone who did get vaccinated have to continue living like this or is Disney never going back to “normal” because of others decisions?
The virus decides. If enough people get vaccinated and the virus has few people left to infect we all get to go back to normal. All this talk about variants and keeping masks until 2022 and masks/distancing lasting for years is all just noise. Since we will have enough vaccine doses for every adult in America in less than 2 months now we really just need to keep our eye on the prize. If 75-80% of adults actually got vaccinated it would be difficult for anyone to keep Covid protocols around for very long after that. That should be the focus right now.

HarperRose

Well my state is about to pass a major milestone this week, 25% of Wisconsinites are going to be at least partially vaccinated by tomorrow (were at 24.7% today) and we already have started vaccinating 70% of seniors. We vaccinated just under 5% of our population this week alone. It’s nice to see things accelerating.

View attachment 540988
Our state is doing an incredible job with vaccinations.

gerarar

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been posted yet here, but an autistic child was denied access to WDW due to lack of mask-wearing, and well....the video’s going pretty viral and the comments are just 🤦‍♀️. The IG account is from a famous rapper, and yea..

I feel for the child being put on the spot by the relatives as well the cast members doing their job being called out one by one... :(

michmousefan

Can someone tell Michigan that whatever it is they are doing, they should try the exact opposite, it's not working.

View attachment 541355
Yeah, it’s a little scary here. Restaurants went back up to 50% capacity a couple of weeks ago... easy to see how cases have spiked. I drove by a few local joints on Friday night; they were all as packed as they would be on a regular weekend night. Certainly didn’t see 50% in the parking lots; they were all full. I’m not sure the state is doing a very good job of monitoring those places.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The virus decides. If enough people get vaccinated and the virus has few people left to infect we all get to go back to normal. All this talk about variants and keeping masks until 2022 and masks/distancing lasting for years is all just noise. Since we will have enough vaccine doses for every adult in America in less than 2 months now we really just need to keep our eye on the prize. If 75-80% of adults actually got vaccinated it would be difficult for anyone to keep Covid protocols around for very long after that. That should be the focus right now.
So is masks and social distancing for lasting years is not happening, because if 75-80% of adults got vaccinated then COVID protocols will be good by July or Summer? So no other experts about masks and social distancing lasting years? Is this not gonna happen?

DisneyDebRob

There’s an all-or-nothing mentality here that I think really impedes productive discussion. One can be in favour of vaccines and optimistic about their overall impact while still acknowledging that scientists themselves have expressed concerns about their effectiveness against certain variants. We really don’t have to limit ourselves to “It’s all great” or “It’s all doom and gloom” thinking.
This. I’ve said it a hundred times here. There’s so much positive going on and it’s exciting to get back to some sort of normal when it does come. We also much realize some of the not so great and report that also. Doesn’t mean anyone is doom and gloom.. or there they go again not seeing the bright spots. I believe they are but have a concern from possibly reading a peer reviewed report.. or something worrying that someone like a Fauci might say. It’s normal and that’s what makes a thread on a board work.

Tom P.

So is masks and social distancing for lasting years is not happening, because if 75-80% of adults got vaccinated then COVID protocols will be good by July or Summer? So no other experts about masks and social distancing lasting years? Is this not gonna happen?
Do you understand that everyone here is speculating and stating opinions and that none of the questions you keep asking over and over again have definitive answers?

Chi84

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been posted yet here, but an autistic child was denied access to WDW due to lack of mask-wearing, and well....the video’s going pretty viral and the comments are just 🤦‍♀️. The IG account is from a famous rapper, and yea..

I feel for the child being put on the spot by the relatives as well the cast members doing their job being called out one by one... :(

Sometimes people aren’t used to being told no and have a hard time accepting it. Sad for the Disney employees to be dragged into it.

correcaminos

Didn't even pronounce 2 of the 3 names right. Poor kid is right. Why do parents use kids like pawns. So sad really

Figgy1

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Didn't Disney make the policy "no exceptions" and say that if you or somebody in your party can't wear a face covering then don't come to WDW right now?

If I'm remembering correctly than Disney is 100% in the right here. I personally don't think they should be required outdoors anywhere but it's their property so they make the rules. If I or anybody else wants to be at WDW, we must follow Disney's rules.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree but unfortunately I don’t think we’ll get that many adults to take the vaccine. Let’s not forget kids can’t get the shot yet so my fear is this is the new norm for a while because we seem to have a few sides, Armageddon and we are all gonna die if even one person still has it, it’s bad but we’ll get thru this and be ok and then we have the this is all a hoax side. Unfortunately the two on the ends get the most publicity and noise and of course seems to be divided by politics as well which is sad but true and I think a lot of that was from the media and because this occurred during a political election year

as for the future of Disney, it’ll be interesting to see what they do. I’ve become sick while being at Disney several times I’ve visited before. I know the risks and germs etc when going there but I know they don’t want the bad PR or legal issue from someone claiming they caught covid there (even tho i bet someone has but we’d never know it). Let’s say half the adult population is vaccinated and kids are still in waiting. Do we see masks and social distancing going away? want to bad but I don’t. Even with cases very low because of the fear that has been in place with this from the beginning. HOWEVER if cdc relaxes some restrictions will Disney follow or play it safe? Will Uni make a move relaxing restrictions forcing Disney’s hand to as well. I have a feeling once masks go the Disney gates are going to be flooded with guests again which will be interesting because then it becomes $ revenue vs risk/PR game

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Large droplets yes, but those are expelled through coughs and sneezes.
We're being / have been lead to believe that the wearing of non n95 surgical masks presents an effective barrier when groups of people are among each other simply breathing, and talking.
We have little idea how effective this practice actually is.
I'm 100% for vaccines, my reference to covid running its course is that it doesn't seem as though our mitigation efforts ('cept for locking ourselves inside away from each other) have much ultimate effect at all.
Agreed which I think is why we’ve seen some states more strict having around the same or in some instances more cases than states that have been wide open. I think the masks do more of a make you feel good and protected more than actually being protected. Remember when fauci said they don’t provide the protection you think they do and then you have people not using them right or touching them and their face all the time etc. Many forget too the masks are to protect others not so much you because eyes are still exposed and I’ve seen a ton of people pull and tug and adjust their masks and then rub their eyes too. The plexiglass is interesting to see as well. Are these like a salad bar sneeze shield and covid can’t go around or above these things or just something else to make us feel safer whether we are or not. Ever wondered why more waiter and waitresses haven’t caught covid when so many are at tables eating and talking to them only a few ft apart and those at the table are not wearing masks at all. How is that not a risk but other things are? There are so many little things that don’t make sense about all of this but I think we just go with it because it makes some feel safer

Yodascousin

Again, there’s no evidence from anyone anywhere that the 3 approved vaccines in the US don‘t stop all known variants. The only vaccine that had failed the efficacy test vs a variant was the AstraZenneca vaccine in S Africa. There is also no evidence anywhere that any of the variants has any impact on the approved vaccine’s protection from severe illness and death. JnJ had lower efficacy in S Africa than in the US during their trial but it still provided 100% protection from hospitalization and death there.
The AZ vaccine didn’t fail the efficacy test in South Africa it just was lower it still had between 50-60 percent protection from infection and 100 percent against severe illness and death like all the others.

also the us trials for AZ are in and it’s 79 percent against infection and 100 percent against death and that’s using the 4 week dosing schedule which is the less effective schedule then the standard 12 week schedule for it!

Patcheslee

Just caught the name and found stories. Maybe not used to being told no or trying to use fame to circumvent rules.

30+ people with him? Did he think the more he brings the less rules would apply or they would feel pressured to let them in? Sure they could have let them in, and any CM inside would be trying to do their job and run into this attitude. Then he would have been posting about "they let us in and now..." Just seems arrogant IMO

correcaminos

30+ people with him? Did he think the more he brings the less rules would apply or they would feel pressured to let them in? Sure they could have let them in, and any CM inside would be trying to do their job and run into this attitude. Then he would have been posting about "they let us in and now..." Just seems arrogant IMO
It was a family trip for a kid's birthday. I'm sure the rapper thought he could circumvent rules due to status. To me, he came across as a total jerk to all three 3 CMs. I think Luis (not Louis) Kaitlyn (not Catlyn) and Cameron all handled themselves just fine. Looked at response on this guy's IG and some were all lovey dovey towards him and others not so kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom