Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizgirl

Is there a problem with people not wearing masks in NJ? I haven’t spent much time there recently but mask wearing seemed to be about the same as where I live in PA which is very high.

As I posted earlier there is definitely an uptick in NYC area vs other parts of NY/NJ/CT. The parts of NJ bordering PA and Philly have similar numbers to us. It’s likely at least partially due to variants becoming more of an issue in NYC. It’s possible that the areas around Manhattan have just stopped wearing masks and started gathering more indoors against recommendations but it seems unlikely. Same thing in FL. Miami’s daily case numbers per 100K people is nearly double the state of FL average. There’s been a higher level in urban centers due to population density since the beginning, but it seems to have blown out in some areas and those areas also have the highest prevalence of variants. It’s at least a good possibility that that has a significant impact on the situation.
I think what anyone can see in public is not an indication of how compliance is overall. The riskiest behavior takes place in private gatherings without masks.

Meanwhile, Duke University is locking things down after a series of fraternity recruitment parties. Duh. People. We know how this happens already.

DisneyDebRob

I think what anyone can see in public is not an indication of how compliance is overall. The riskiest behavior takes place in private gatherings without masks.

Meanwhile, Duke University is locking things down after a series of fraternity recruitment parties. Duh. People. We know how this happens already.
Just read they have over 180 cases with hundreds more quarantining. Unreal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Just read they have over 180 cases with hundreds more quarantining. Unreal.
That really is unfortunate. To get a year into this thing with having missed so many things only to get sick literally a few months at most before getting the vaccine. :(

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If that's case by end of 2021, Halloween, Christmas and Thanksgiving will be much better and everything will go back to normal!
Yep, should be good by then. Right now its’s getting enough people vaccinated fast enough to see how much of a Summer we can have. Unless something unlikely happens by the Fall we should be mostly back to normal.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yep, should be good by then. Right now its’s getting enough people vaccinated fast enough to see how much of a Summer we can have. Unless something unlikely happens by the Fall we should be mostly back to normal.
Then the pandemic will be over for good in USA? No more surges right? But is unlikely there will be any more surges anymore because many people getting vaccinating quickly?

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Has anyone used Florida’s preregistration notification system yet? I signed up for it and apparently it puts you “in line” to get a call for an appt setup when you’re eligible. Want to know if it actually works how they say it does
I believe it works (I think @JoeCamel said that was the way he got his appointment) but as far as I'm aware it is only for the State supported and State run vaccination sites. To get an appointment at Publix, CVS or Walmart, you have to go to their appointment system.

drizgirl

Then the pandemic will be over for good in USA? No more surges right? But is unlikely there will be any more surges anymore because many people getting vaccinating quickly?
Personally I think we'll hit a wall where everyone who wants a vaccine has a vaccine. And cases will continue to pop up withing the groups refusing to be vaccinated. At which point, I'm moving on. It's on them at that point.

The Duke students were so dumb to take risks just months from access to the vaccine. And it will be even dumber when it happens again in the fall because by then they will have had a chance to be vaccinated. But I predict the same thing will happen. And keep on happening until colleges require the vaccine (not likely this year because it only has EUA).

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Personally I think we'll hit a wall where everyone who wants a vaccine has a vaccine. And cases will continue to pop up withing the groups refusing to be vaccinated. At which point, I'm moving on. It's on them at that point.

The Duke students were so dumb to take risks just months from access to the vaccine. And it will be even dumber when it happens again in the fall because by then they will have had a chance to be vaccinated. But I predict the same thing will happen. And keep on happening until colleges require the vaccine (not likely this year because it only has EUA).
I bet by the Fall as US is back to normal, I bet many people will having normal holidays like Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Polkadotdress

That means my wife and I wearing masks at WDW in April, even though she is fullly vaccinated and I will be soon. We understand our responsibility and so should everyone else.
You say that as if you have a choice whether to wear at mask at WDW or not. And to be clear, there is no choice.
That really is unfortunate. To get a year into this thing with having missed so many things only to get sick literally a few months at most before getting the vaccine. :(
And, Duke is also sharing that if the cases continue to rise, then this year's graduation may be in jeopardy....again.

Lilofan

I would have thought all those stupid kids caught it in the fall already. Unless their antibodies have waned.
It is a sad situation even now . Duke Univ in NC has ordered all students on campus to isolate in their rooms and take part on online classes. 180 students have recently tested positive for covid and Duke does not want the numbers to spiral out of control. 100 spring breakers have been arrested in Miami Beach for not following protocol also.

drizgirl

It is a sad situation even now . Duke Univ in NC has ordered all students on campus to isolate in their rooms and take part on online classes. 180 students have recently tested positive for covid and Duke does not want the numbers to spiral out of control.
As has been pointed out.

Lilofan

You say that as if you have a choice whether to wear at mask at WDW or not. And to be clear, there is no choice.

And, Duke is also sharing that if the cases continue to rise, then this year's graduation may be in jeopardy....again.
Duke B-Ball is out of the NCAA tournament after a player tested positive. Their season is over.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I think so too. I know I will be. But I also think cases will continue to pop up.
^ I don't think the cases may not continue due to millions people are vaccinating or vaccinated by late summer or fall. The pandemic will be finally over in USA by then.

Lilofan

^ I don't think the cases may not continue due to millions people are vaccinating or vaccinated by late summer or fall. The pandemic will be finally over in USA by then.
Lets hope so. Airport immigration should also really ensure travelers that come to the USA are vaccinated ( ie vaccine passports ) . Anyone infected with covid coming into the USA for travel or study can perhaps infect the anti-vax crowd that does not believe in the vaccine .

Stitch826

So here’s my question regarding Disney removing the social distancing and mask requirements. Biden plans to have all adults in the U.S. able to start getting their first shots by the beginning of May. Ideally, by the Fourth of July, most adults who want the vaccine will have gotten both doses. Yet Biden made it a point to emphasize “small” gatherings for the Fourth if all goes well with vaccinations. It has also been reported that Disney plans to continue their mask requirements through this year.

In discussion boards here, fireworks and parades continue to be talked about returning in a limited capacity, with the need for social distancing. If these don’t return until mid-summer, won’t masks and social distancing no longer be necessary? If all adults, including cast members, have been eligible and able to get vaccinated, then isn’t there no reason why a full return to normal capacity without masks by mid-summer if all goes well?

drizgirl

So here’s my question regarding Disney removing the social distancing and mask requirements. Biden plans to have all adults in the U.S. able to start getting their first shots by the beginning of May. Ideally, by the Fourth of July, most adults who want the vaccine will have gotten both doses. Yet Biden made it a point to emphasize “small” gatherings for the Fourth if all goes well with vaccinations. It has also been reported that Disney plans to continue their mask requirements through this year.

In discussion boards here, fireworks and parades continue to be talked about returning in a limited capacity, with the need for social distancing. If these don’t return until mid-summer, won’t masks and social distancing no longer be necessary? If all adults, including cast members, have been eligible and able to get vaccinated, then isn’t there no reason why a full return to normal capacity without masks by mid-summer if all goes well?
Nobody knows the answer to this. Disney is probably planning for various contingencies, but even they likely don't know yet.

drizgirl

Lets hope so. Airport immigration should also really ensure travelers that come to the USA are vaccinated ( ie vaccine passports ) . Anyone infected with covid coming into the USA for travel or study can perhaps infect the anti-vax crowd that does not believe in the vaccine .
Anyone entering the US across any border should have to prove vaccination or negative Covid test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom