Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference here, as I'm sure you are aware, is intent.

When people say the "U.K. variant", they are simply describing where that mutation sprung up. There is no indictment of the U.K. for causing the mutation. It is simply used to differentiate between the different variants, since the formal names are complicated to remember.

"China virus" was coined by one man, a man with a long reputation for slinging derogatory insults, and is almost always used with a mocking tone and with the goal of shifting any blame from his obvious failure to do his job in protecting our country from the virus (both before and after its arrival).

lazyboy97o

Proof? Plenty I say take it to international court and present the facts, of which there are plenty! Get everything on record. The PRC has lied, misinformed, manipulated and facilitated the exportation of the illness The only similarity the current situation has to 1918 is the global spread of a disease. In 1918 the control capabilities and knowledge of today did not exist. Sadly Disney has substantial investments in China putting the business and many other international businesses in a difficult position, that said, the time for accountability is arriving. In todays language ultimately it comes down to $$$$$$$$ which in no way makes up for the loss of so many soles.
That’s not really how the International Criminal Court works and neither the United States nor China are members.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 2.26.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 2.27.05 PM.png

GimpYancIent

That’s not really how the International Criminal Court works and neither the United States nor China are members.
Sigh. A consistency in in your posts is your term That's Not How It Really Works. Facts, evidence and charges can be presented internationally in many forums with nations addressing the issues jointly. Diplomacy is complex, delicate and time consuming but if issues are not allowed to fade away results can be achieved.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

Referring to viruses and variants by where they were first discovered is a bad idea all around.

Actually, the flu pandemic in 1918 was referred to as the Spanish Flu for a full century and is still called that, even though recorded cases point to it potentially starting in the United States. Of course, it's hard to say where it started. Still, interesting to me.

Flugell

Well we should have never been dragged into WW2 but thats an entirely different rabit hole that nobody likes because pearl harbor. (Even though politicis could have prevented that likely.
As a proud Brit I have no problem with the term the U.K. variant. It is where it was first identified because of our excellent analysis of the COVID-19 virus. It may or may not have originated in the U.K. but we were the first to identify it!
As for the claim that the USA should never have been dragged into WW2 words fail me.
The war began in September 1939 and we fought on till December 1941 with out your military support. I acknowledge that you helped us with supplies etc. but not with military support. As for Pearl Harbour it is a known fact (at least in the U.K.) that Churchill warned Roosevelt of the impending attack. He chose, for a variety of reasons, including wanting to help Europe, to mostly ignore Churchill’s advice. He did however ensure that the 3 aircraft carriers had left their moorings and were on “manoeuvres.”
We would have continued to fight on with or without your help and had already won The Battle of Britain in 1940.
Whether we would have defeated the terror of the Nazis on our own is a matter of conjecture and I’m sure your involvement helped to secure victory and shorten the war but to question the validity of entering the conflict is frankly shocking. The consequences of Europe and the U.K. being overrun, the Jewish race, the people of colour, people with physical and mental impairments the Romanys and many others being annihilated is too dreadful to contemplate. You should be proud of your country’s involvement. I know that the citizens of the U.K. are grateful for and proud of our combined victory.
The lesson surely is, the world works better when countries work together, as relevant today when fighting Covid-19 as it was in World War 2!
Leaving my soap box now!!

GimpYancIent

Actually, the flu pandemic in 1918 was referred to as the Spanish Flu for a full century and is still called that, even though recorded cases point to it potentially starting in the United States. Of course, it's hard to say where it started. Still, interesting to me.
Considering that WW1 did not officially end until 1919 when the waring factions met in Paris it is understandable that details about the Spanish Flu would not be particularly clear. The world had a lot on its mind at the time.

GimpYancIent

As a proud Brit I have no problem with the term the U.K. variant. It is where it was first identified because of our excellent analysis of the COVID-19 virus. It may or may not have originated in the U.K. but we were the first to identify it!
As for the claim that the USA should never have been dragged into WW2 words fail me.
The war began in September 1939 and we fought on till December 1941 with out your military support. I acknowledge that you helped us with supplies etc. but not with military support. As for Pearl Harbour it is a known fact (at least in the U.K.) that Churchill warned Roosevelt of the impending attack. He chose, for a variety of reasons, including wanting to help Europe, to mostly ignore Churchill’s advice. He did however ensure that the 3 aircraft carriers had left their moorings and were on “manoeuvres.”
We would have continued to fight on with or without your help and had already won The Battle of Britain in 1940.
Whether we would have defeated the terror of the Nazis on our own is a matter of conjecture and I’m sure your involvement helped to secure victory and shorten the war but to question the validity of entering the conflict is frankly shocking. The consequences of Europe and the U.K. being overrun, the Jewish race, the people of colour, people with physical and mental impairments the Romanys and many others being annihilated is to dreadful to contemplate. You should be proud of your country’s involvement. I know that the citizens of the U.K. are grateful for and proud of our combined victory.
The lesson surely is, the world works better when countries work together, as relevant today when fighting Covid-19 as it was in World War 2!
Your last sentence does an excellent job of encompassing the entire post.

Rich Brownn

Considering that WW1 did not officially end until 1919 when the waring factions met in Paris it is understandable that details about the Spanish Flu would not be particularly clear. The world had a lot on its mind at the time.
Actually it was censored in the warring countries. But Spain was neutral and could publish details about the flu, so people assumed it started there.

Skibum1970

Whether we would have defeated the terror of the Nazis on our own is a matter of conjecture and I’m sure your involvement helped to secure victory and shorten the war but to question the validity of entering the conflict is frankly shocking. The consequences of Europe and the U.K. being overrun, the Jewish race, the people of colour, people with physical and mental impairments the Romanys and many others being annihilated is too dreadful to contemplate. You should be proud of your country’s involvement. I know that the citizens of the U.K. are grateful for and proud of our combined victory.

Apologies for stupidity. Not to turn this into a history lesson but, if Germany had defeated Great Britain, the U.S. would have been next. The fact that your country withstood the bombings inflicted upon it and stayed fighting is a testament to willpower. Again, very grateful to have the U.K. as an ally.

And yes, countries need to work together and share information. Hiding information never seems to work out so well.

Touchdown

Apologies for stupidity. Not to turn this into a history lesson but, if Germany had defeated Great Britain, the U.S. would have been next. The fact that your country withstood the bombings inflicted upon it and stayed fighting is a testament to willpower. Again, very grateful to have the U.K. as an ally.

And yes, countries need to work together and share information. Hiding information never seems to work out so well.
Totally agree with you, Germany was only defeated by the shared might of the US, USSR, and GB. Without any of those 3 countries Germany would have probably triumphed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom