Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

@GoofGoof after the pandemic is over in US, then will there no more surges anymore not another winter surge (2021-2022 winter)
I know you're concerned @DisneyFan32, but you really are asking the same question repeatedly. As several have already stated, there is no way for anyone to predict the future, and you're asking people here (who are not experts in the matter) to predict what might happen. By asking the same question and not accepting "We Don't Know" as an answer, you're keeping yourself in a state of anxiety and near-panic, which is not healthy.

I know there is a lot of uncertainty out there right now and we're all longing for more normalcy and a final end to the pandemic, but the reality is no one, not even the experts, can tell you EXACTLY what will happen weeks from now, much less months.

For your own sanity and mental health, I would encourage you to take a break from this (and other) message boards, get outside, read a book, watch something funny or light-hearted on TV, and just give your brain a rest from this.

Here is a brief summary of something that might be helpful to you:
According to Stephen Covey, there are two circles: "Circle of Concern" and "Circle of Influence". We all have LOTS of concerns but these are largely not anything we can change or influence. Spending much time and energy in that circle will only lead you to being exhausted (emotionally and physically), anxious, and discouraged (leading to potential depression). Spending time and energy in your "Circle of Influence", the things you can have some affect on or control over, can result in a feeling of empowerment and accomplishment, leading to more happiness and fulfillment, helping to stave off depression and anxiety. Here is a link if you'd like to learn more: https://www.abrahampc.com/blog/2020/3/16/what-can-i-do-the-circles-of-concern-and-influence

(For those more familiar with the Circles, feel free to expand. It has been a LONG time since I read the book, so I'm sure I'm a bit rusty.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If Biden is serious about July 4th being close to normal, could Disney bring back 4th of July fireworks for that night only?
Sure, why not :). I’m not sure Fireworks with 70,000 of your closest friends at MK qualifies as a small gathering for July 4th but it’s really up to Disney if they want the crowds and the cost. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it.

JAKECOTCenter

Sure, why not :). I’m not sure Fireworks with 70,000 of your closest friends at MK qualifies as a small gathering for July 4th but it’s really up to Disney if they want the crowds and the cost. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it.
I mean I’m on the monorail as I speak typing this and it was pretty busy today. I’m sure fireworks for that night won’t be a total disaster 😉

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I mean I’m on the monorail as I speak typing this and it was pretty busy today. I’m sure fireworks for that night won’t be a total disaster 😉
I think a lot will change by then. I also think Disney wants to make up for lost time so it’s conceivable they do ramp up for July 4th. It really depends on how fast restrictions come off. They can’t really do it if distancing is still a thing by then, but there’s at least a 50/50 chance it won‘t be.

jmp85

Totally agree with you, Germany was only defeated by the shared might of the US, USSR, and GB. Without any of those 3 countries Germany would have probably triumphed.

Germany was not winning WW2 once U.S. production ramped up. We produced approximately 276,000 aircraft over a 5 year period compared to Germany's 88,000. It's even worse if you look at naval production. You can't win if the other guy can throw an infinite amount of ships, planes, and tanks at you. This takes nothing away from GB's war effort, which was nothing short of outstanding.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was it 6 positions or 4? In February, 4 people were allowed per pod, if it was 2 groups of 2, you had 2 in the driver position and 2 engineers behind plexiglass.

The back seats should be eliminated cause they suck. Unfortunate if this is how they run them.

Getting back to 6 is optimal. You can ride without all 6 but it takes away from the experience to have empty seats. Not to mention reduces capacity. You aren’t in the room very long and you are further apart than seating on an airplane so as long as everyone is masked seems pretty safe.

Experience? Bout a 3 minute video game, isn’t it?

TrainsOfDisney

No one's entitled to risk the health of others because of their own religion.

Keep in mind that almost everyone who would have otherwise gone to church while it was restricted would still have come into contact with others at some point - at which point they further the risk of spreading the virus. That's why congregating was restricted. But let's not pretend that, like, PRAYER was restricted. Everyone was still free to practice their religion on their own.
Churches always have a “restricted” capacity... it’s called the fire code. It’s designed to keep people safe. Just like capacity restrictions during a... global pandemic.

Touchdown

Germany was not winning WW2 once U.S. production ramped up. We produced approximately 276,000 aircraft over a 5 year period compared to Germany's 88,000. It's even worse if you look at naval production. You can't win if the other guy can throw an infinite amount of ships, planes, and tanks at you. This takes nothing away from GB's war effort, which was nothing short of outstanding.
Again, you needed The United States, USSR and Great Britain. Take any of those 3 out and the war is likely lost. If Great Britain would have surrendered, the United States would have lost their forward supply base and jumping off point for D-Day and reopening the western front (not to mention over half the troops who took part in it.) With no Western Front Germany could have focused on the Eastern Front and could have potentially captured Moscow. Without the USSR, D-Day would not have been possible as all of the German War Machine would have fortified northern France, etc. No one is saying the US wasn’t vital, but sometimes us Americans forget we did not win WWII on our own. It’s a fascinating point in history where the entire course of world events could have changed with even a slight shift in the balence. I was a history major in college and took courses on WWII from the British, German, and American perspectives. There’s a reason it’s called WORLD War II.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
A few months, as when people are getting vaccinating, then the states will lift restrictions like masks and social distancing for good. Soon the pandemic will end for good.

Flugell

A few months, as when people are getting vaccinating, then the states will lift restrictions like masks and social distancing for good. Soon the pandemic will end for good.
Sorry to be a pedant but the Pandemic may/will cease to be a huge issue in America but a Pandemic, is by definition, world wide. Until it is eradicated throughout the world we cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. That’s not to say that masks and social distancing will remain or that Disney can’t increase capacity and attractions but does mean that the pandemic will not end for good when the USA, U.K. and Europe, for example, are vaccinated and have it more under control. It is on every continent on Earth. I can see countries reacting with short, sharp localised restrictions like Australia and New Zealand are doing now when new cases/variants (hopefully not the latter) emerge.
Let’s get the entire world vaccinated ASAP, declare a world wide day of celebration and party like never before!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry to be a pedant but the Pandemic may/will cease to be a huge issue in America but a Pandemic, is by definition, world wide. Until it is eradicated throughout the world we cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. That’s not to say that masks and social distancing will remain or that Disney can’t increase capacity and attractions but does mean that the pandemic will not end for good when the USA, U.K. and Europe, for example, are vaccinated and have it more under control. It is on every continent on Earth. I can see countries reacting with short, sharp localised restrictions like Australia and New Zealand are doing now when new cases/variants (hopefully not the latter) emerge.
Let’s get the entire world vaccinated ASAP, declare a world wide day of celebration and party like never before!
So USA will end pandemic this year, but the pandemic will continue rest of the world? Also what you mean short, sharp localised restrictions like Australia and New Zealand what countries can do that for short, sharp localised restrictions besides US, UK and Europe, masks and social distancing will be gone for good?

Last edited:

Flugell

So USA will end pandemic this year, but the pandemic will continue rest of the world?
Yes, unfortunately. Until herd immunity is achieved in every country there is the risk that it could mutate and spread. Hopefully this will not happen so please don’t worry or feel anxious but be aware that we need to help the countries that for one reason or another are finding it difficult to obtain vaccines or deliver them into arms. Look at the situation in Brazil as an example.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, unfortunately. Until herd immunity is achieved in every country there is the risk that it could mutate and spread. Hopefully this will not happen so please don’t worry or feel anxious but be aware that we need to help the countries that for one reason or another are finding it difficult to obtain vaccines or deliver them into arms. Look at the situation in Brazil as an example.
is US will stop variants with powerful vaccines? Is mutate will end the world or not?

Flugell

is US will stop variants with powerful vaccines? Is mutate will end the world or not?
I’m absolutely certain that the world won’t end. Do not even give that a seconds thought. Concentrate on the good things in the future! If you are living in the USA they are saying that it will be over for you soon.
All I’m saying is that we need to remain aware of the situation in other countries and help accordingly. I’m not a scientist or an expert on anything but I am certain, in my heart, that the world won’t end. Keep smiling, keep believing and in time this will be over for everyone and hopefully then we can have that world wide party.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I’m absolutely certain that the world won’t end. Do not even give that a seconds thought. Concentrate on the good things in the future! If you are living in the USA they are saying that it will be over for you soon.
All I’m saying is that we need to remain aware of the situation in other countries and help accordingly. I’m not a scientist or an expert on anything but I am certain, in my heart, that the world won’t end. Keep smiling, keep believing and in time this will be over for everyone and hopefully then we can have that world wide party.
So masks and social distancing may be gone in few months for good?

Flugell

So masks and social distancing may be gone in few months for good?
As has been said before, no one can say for certain without the benefit of a crystal ball or time travel. If you are asking my opinion, I believe they will be gone in the USA in a few months if everyone, who can be, is vaccinated. That’s what everyone is working towards. Stop worrying, the USA seems to be getting better every day. (This is not intended as a political opinion!)

DisneyCane

As has been said before, no one can say for certain without the benefit of a crystal ball or time travel. If you are asking my opinion, I believe they will be gone in the USA in a few months if everyone, who can be, is vaccinated. That’s what everyone is working towards. Stop worrying, the USA seems to be getting better every day. (This is not intended as a political opinion!)
Ask madame Leota, she knows...

The spirits are here, they're not pretend,
On July 13th the pandemic will end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom