Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeoplemoverTTA

Yeah I'm definitely going to hold out. We booked this trip after our son passed as our "something to look forward to" so I'm pretty emotionally attached to it. I guess once they release new closure dates I'll do it. For now Disney is my savings account 😂. If I had it now I'd have lots of Amazon packages on my door step!

I'm so sorry for your loss ❤️

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nothing particularly is wrong with Ohio. They are either being proactive or overreactive depending on your point of view. Ohio cases and trajectory roughly mirrors everywhere else.
They've said themselves that if they're successful at being proactive it'll look excessive in hindsight.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
“Everything we do before seems like an overreaction, yet when we look back everything we did just wasn’t enough.”

I am paraphrasing a quote I heard from somewhere, but this is the one case where you will only ever know if it’s wasn’t enough. Sadly any over preparation will be billed as an overreaction. I only hope and pray this in an overreaction.
And in the end, let's hope we can all say "Thank God we overreacted" instead of "we should have listened."

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I saw that interview with the "I was tired" quote. It was horrible. I'm agreed that when you go on TV and claim that Ohio has more infected people than the rest of the world you need a pretty deep explanation.
End of the day it could be 1,000, could be 10,000, could be 100,000. We don't know because they're not doing 100% testing. We've got a lot of Chinese and Japanese interests in Ohio and until this weekend, there weren't any restrictions on any aspect of life... except buying toilet paper.

ELG13

Desantis news conference - bars and nightclubs in Florida will be "suspended" for the next 30 days.

No groups larger than 10 will be allowed on the beaches, DeSantis says, noting the big crowds seen yesterday in the Gulf Coast of Florida.
I live on the gulf coast and I don't understand the desire for people to pack in like that. We have STRETCHES of empty beach. We went Sunday. No one for atleast 100 yards on each side. When I saw people packed like sardines on the main Public beach I was surprised, but not really. I think this virus has been peddled as a virus that can hurt the old and vulnerable so much that these younger 20 somethings don't get that yes they can (and will if they keep this up) get it and be ok. But if they go see their grandma she can get it from them and she may not recover. This message has got to get across. I'm glad they closed bars and clubs though. That will help.

ELG13

And in the end, let's hope we can all say "Thank God we overreacted" instead of "we should have listened."
I posted this earlier as well. I was considered an "overreacter". But I watched this virus come from my clients homes in China all the way to my city in the panhandle of Florida. When we got word of a positive test here yesterday my heart sank. I knew it was already here but confirmation just made me sad and angry. I'm worried about my parents

VaderTron

Yes.
We can't make a direct comparison country to country.
There are so many variables, from population density, age, general health of the population, health care facilities and on and on.
In France, thousands die from heat waves.
Thousands.
From heat waves.

So since thousands die anyway, we should force everyone to stay outside all day with no sun protection, little to no water, and if their a/c breaks they should just live with it. Because that's what we should all do. Pretend we have no ability to mitigate the situation and potentially improve our chances. While we're at it, let's stop wasting money on guard rails on mountain roads since people still drive off cliffs anyway. To hell with the ones those rails save! They COST TOO MUCH to only save a few lives! And don't get me started about safety features in cars! IN FACT we need to close the FDA!!! RIGHT! NOW! People die of food poisoning all the time! May as well call it a lost cause and stop wasting our time and money on fruitless endeavors!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So since thousands die anyway, we should force everyone to stay outside all day with no sun protection, little to no water, and if their a/c breaks they should just live with it. Because that's what we should all do. Pretend we have no ability to mitigate the situation and potentially improve our chances. While we're at it, let's stop wasting money on guard rails on mountain roads since people still drive off cliffs anyway. To hell with the ones those rails save! They COST TOO MUCH to only save a few lives! And don't get me started about safety features in cars! IN FACT we need to close the FDA!!! RIGHT! NOW! People die of food poisoning all the time! May as well call it a lost cause and stop wasting our time and money on fruitless endeavors!
I don't think he said that.

LittleBuford

10/10 move there CNN:

I remember people on another forum mentioning the UK's leadership towards this as Lord Farquaad...but it's hilarious seeing this as real reporting.

This is really stupid and embarrassing. Thank goodness BBC News doesn’t go in for this sort of nonsense.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
CDC is saying 8 weeks cancel/postpone events with gathering greater than 50.
POTUS says limit gatherings to 10 people.
Bay Area has shelter in place law (NYC is considering shelter in place law)

So I would say conservatively 8 weeks is how long it will take us to fully get out of this (and that is best case scenario if everyone takes it seriously and follows the rules and don't go golfing or partying or holding kid's birthday parties)
Or standing in line at Walmart at 6am with 100 of their closest friends.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
CNN used to be a great news channel when Ted Turner owned it.

Now it's just this aging hipster party propaganda channel.

Well its ownership by AT&T hasn't helped as they've left it to its own devices and the loonies have gone for the gusto. Businesses should at least know something about the industries that they purchase or bad things happen. I wonder if CNN will be sold off as AT&T is going to divest itself of about 10 billion more dollars worth of non-core assets again this year.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It was the same tired old reasoning. "X" number of people die from "Y" so get used to people dying.

Are we still clinging to that ridiculous stance?
I think he's saying that people live in their comfort zones, and in France, that means most don't have air conditioning. When a really long, hot heat wave hits, the elderly and infirm suffer.

It's really kind of a French problem (although not unique to the French), and the French, so far, haven't felt it was a big enough deal to put A/C in their homes for grand-mère or grand-père.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom