Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc315

I agree that we could ramp up to 5M on some days or more. It all depends on when the doses arrive. I was limiting it to 4M a day because that’s roughly 120M doses a month which is around the max number we will have to use in a month. 100M from Pfizer and Moderna starting in April and 30M from JnJ. I don’t think vaccine administration will be a lag it will either be not enough doses like now or not enough people.

I think once we hit April states will need to retool the vaccine approach. They will need to do more targeted vaccination clinic like churches and community centers as well as certain large employers. The goal will shift from vaccinating as many people as fast as we can to ensuring the demand doesn‘t dry up. I do think we could hit a slow down end of April into May. If the rollout goes as planned because those types of clinics are similar to the nursing homes and take more time to do than mass vaccination sites and pharmacy appointments.

Some reason to believe JNJ supply could explode by May when Merck production comes online.

I agree— we will need more of an outreach approach, getting pop up vaccination clinics out to the public, delivering vaccines into communities.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
As I've said in the politics board:

What Texas and other states are doing when easing restrictions prematurely, it endangers the efforts of the rest of the country, North America, and the world. It's purely selfish political pandering.

The more transmission you allow, the more likely you get an even nastier variant that either results in higher morbidity, or is completely resistant to our vaccines. It's foolish, selfish, dangerous, and bad global stewardship.
The same could be said for allowing immigrants to just cross the border as they wish during a global pandemic right?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sone reason to believe JNJ supply could explode by May when Merck production comes online.

I agree— we will need more of an outreach approach, getting pop up vaccination clinics out to the public, delivering vaccines into communities.
I haven’t been able to find any details on that. Because Merck uses those facilities for FDA approved stuff already and because they are mostly doing the finishing of the vaccine not all the steps of manufacturing I assume they can come on line quickly. If you remember back in Feb a JnJ board member said they were working round the clock to ramp up manufacturing and he said they could finish their deliveries of the first 100M doses as early as end of April. I wonder now if this deal wasn’t already in the works back then. It makes a lot of sense.

I am going to put my tinfoil hat on for a second and say this. Fauci comes out and says he’s moving back when he thinks the vaccine will be available to the general public from April to end of May or June and when pressed on why the change he states that it was due to JnJ not projecting as many deliveries as they thought. Flash forward 2 weeks and Biden brokers a deal between JnJ and Merck that allows JnJ to increase production and they now say we will have enough doses for all adults by May. So JnJ shortage caused target to slip and now JnJ shortage is fixed so target moved back up. Did the projection ever really change or was that just some good political gamesmanship?

Either way if we get 100M doses from Pfizer and Moderna and 50M+ from JnJ in May that just means moving up when we are done which is great news. I do think we have the capacity to do 5M shots a day as long as the supply keeps up and JnJ is so much easier to plan since there’s no second shots to coordinate.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I bet NJ may lift masks and social distancing in few months if cases are low enough by May/early June or July.
I could see most states doing that by the end of the summer with how things are trending/looking except for some select ones.

Disney is a big question though to me. At some point something will have to give because covid won’t completely go away so when will Disney decide to relax restrictions of masks and social distancing and bring back shows etc.

my fear is too many decisions will be political instead of right in either direction

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I bet NJ may lift masks and social distancing in few months if cases are low enough by May/early June or July.
I work in NJ and I already told my boss I’m not going back to the office while I have to wear a mask all day so whenever that happens in NJ is when I’ll be going back to work. Probably sometime this summer, but who knows.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@GoofGoof by next year there will be much more better than 2020 and this year, return of events like San Diego Comic Con 2022, E3 2022, airshows, country fairs, concerts, broadways, etc...Everything's back to normal like movie theaters, broadways, and many more!

oceanbreeze77

Dont forget....the first groups eligible for the vaccine were groups that were MOST likely to actually want the vaccine. As a result, demand was nuts! Now that supply is growing and its opening up to wider groups, that demand will go down because there are tons of people who DONT want it. The past two months have been impressive in that so many people were getting it, that will slow down. We are not in the "clear" until we reach 80% immunity.

Slow and steady people. We are almost there!! I Can Taste it. But we gotta actually reach the finish line first.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@GoofGoof by next year there will be much more better than 2020 and this year, return of events like San Diego Comic Con 2022, E3 2022, airshows, country fairs, concerts, broadways, etc...Everything's back to normal like movie theaters, broadways, and many more!
I sure hope so. I can’t wait to get back to a pro sports game or a concert. It’s been so long. I might even hop on the train and see a Broadway Show. I haven’t done that in several years now. You don’t always miss stuff until it’s taken away. Lots of lost time to make up for.

oceanbreeze77

I sure hope so. I can’t wait to get back to a pro sports game or a concert. It’s been so long. I might even hop on the train and see a Broadway Show. I haven’t done that in several years now. You don’t always miss stuff until it’s taken away. Lots of lost time to make up for.
Europe is about to make sooooo muchhhh money come 2022/2023.

JoeCamel

Whatever allows Bob Chapek to DDP me in December without the need for protection is good for me.
You are expecting Cheapek to give you a deal after they lost all that money last year? He will want to charge for the soap in the shower as a "convenience fee"

Step away from the dust pile pleAse

Patcheslee

Has DeSantis said what the next few weeks of J&J allocation will be in FL?
Indiana apparently has been told to expect 0 for the next 3 weeks after the initial allocation this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom