Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
This month or next month, is there will be another surge like big one or not? I'm afraid of this Texas to lift masks next week to let another surge. I think Texas needs to change their minds and have to wait for 2-3 months to lift masks and social distancing to let more cases coming decease by late summer. @GoofGoof

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Limiting park entrance to only vaccinated individuals isn't how herd immunity works because those people are still out in the general population and exposed to the rest of the world all day, every day. Disney will lift masks and other restrictions when the general population reaches its necessary milestones, they're not going to try to gatekeep that at the park entrance.

Not to mention there are a thousand reasons people might choose to not be vaccinated that Disney won't want to adjudicate (children, nursing mothers, pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, religious objection, Qanon lunatic, etc.). Their lawyers wouldn't let them within 100 feet of that scheme even if Ops was inclined to try it.

WDW's restrictions are self-imposed and they will lift when public sentiment says they'll lift. It's not a scientific decision, it's a PR decision.

I think the lawyers will want Disney to have a much more solid basis then public sentiment for lifting restrictions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This month or next month, is there will be another surge like big one or not? I'm afraid of this Texas to lift masks next week to let another surge. I think Texas needs to change their minds and have to wait for 2-3 months to lift masks and social distancing to let more cases coming decease by late summer. @GoofGoof

Things are looking good right now, but the next month or so should really show us where we are going next, whether it's a continued decline or another spike.

sullyinMT

I suppose allowing kids to show a negative test instead of proof of vaccine could make it work, but how many people will want to get their kid a covid test to get into WDW?
I personally wouldn’t. Especially daily. And especially when we’ve gone this far without it and doing better daily (with vaccinations).
I’ll keep my mask for a bit longer, thank you very much.

CaptainAmerica

Things are looking good right now, but the next month or so should really show us where we are going next, whether it's a continued decline or another spike.
How does that work, even in theory? We're vaccinating 2 million a day with a third vax that's much easier to distribute coming online. Where is this fourth wave coming from?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How does that work, even in theory? We're vaccinating 2 million a day with a third vax that's much easier to distribute coming online. Where is this fourth wave coming from?

Lifting restrictions to fast, people getting complacent and variants. No guarantee it will happen, but's it's well within the realm of possibility. I am pretty hopeful things will look much better as we move into summer, but the question is do we continue to go down from now till then, or is there a brief surge.

CaptainAmerica

Lifting restrictions to fast, people getting complacent and variants. No guarantee it will happen, but's it's well within the realm of possibility. I am pretty hopeful things will look much better as we move into summer, but the question is do we continue to go down from now till then, or is there a brief surge.
I'm not being argumentative, I'm asking a sincere question.

Do you think there's a large contingent of people who will change their behavior because restrictions are lifted? People who want to party without masks have been partying without masks even with restrictions in place. People who want to wear masks are going to wear masks even with restrictions lifted.

Lilofan

Thats not a proof of vaccine card. Its a reminder card for those who get 2 shots. There's no actual vaccine proof card.... yet
That is part of it. I've gotten my 2 Moderna shots. I along with others I know have laminated the original CDC card, made photocopies, taking iPhone shots of the card. I'm prepared to show it when I travel.

sullyinMT

I’m

Do you think there's a large contingent of people who will change their behavior because restrictions are lifted? People who want to party without masks have been partying without masks even with restrictions in place. People who want to wear masks are going to wear masks even with restrictions lifted.
sure there’s a middle ground of people waiting for “the go ahead.” Question is how big that contingent ends up being. Or how large their effect on society at large.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, I think there are enough people and situations where it could make a difference in the numbers. For some people lifting restrictions will send a signal that it is safer then it really is.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Mine 12 and she's begging to get one lol. She doesn't qualify for trials so just waiting it out. Considering she's always been horrible with vaccinations, it's a good sign.
Was just at the pediatrician's office 3/1 and there was a flyer looking for kids under 18 to participate in trials. If you're interested in taking part, it might be worth contacting either your pediatrician's office or a nearby university that might be running trials.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
WDW's restrictions are self-imposed and they will lift when public sentiment says they'll lift. It's not a scientific decision, it's a PR decision.
They will most likely lift when the CDC changes their recommendations. The restrictions have been lock step with the public health recommendations from the CDC and public health officials and Disney has confirmed that on numerous occasions. It won’t just be demand from guests that changes things. If that was the case they would have already ditched masks and added back fireworks and night shows.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Now E3 2021 live event, San Diego Comic Con 2021 are postpone to next year, is NYCC 2021 will be still happen now?

Miss Bella

They are looking at variants. I know hospitals in my area are preparing for a fourth surge. It doesn't mean it will happen, but the threat is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom