Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

Just today a paper was published regarding the potential risk of those vaccinated thinking they can let their guard down in the short term

Not disputing this, but just adding in December Moderna submitted paperwork to FDA stating their vaccine can also prevent infection, not just lessen the effect of the virus.

If true, that's good!

Obviously keep wearing your masks everyone, I am! (but I'm happy I got Moderna!)

DisneyCane

You’ve fallen, Anakin...

There is no evidence that you can “do what you want” after vaccination because you can still contract and spread and give it to others. Because you have less of a chance of ending up on a ventilator...doesn’t fix the community problem.

You need to wait. No wonder Fauci is hoarse...no one is listening.

For the 5%-6% for whom the vaccine is not effective, the bolded statement is certainly true. At this point, it is not known either way for people who have the vaccine and don't get sick. If the people who have taken the vaccine and don't get sick can still spread the virus, then herd immunity can never be reached.

Touchdown

Just today a paper was published regarding the potential risk of those vaccinated thinking they can let their guard down in the short term

Im going to be doing exactly what that article says to do, I’m going to still wear a mask and will follow any rules told to me. Also, I hate to pull back the curtain on this but, if I was a public health figure and knew that a vast majority of people will not be vaccinated for sometime, especially if I was in a country that has decided to forgo giving the second dose on time in direct contradiction to the science, and there was no quick and easy way for the public to distinguish a truely vaccinated from a liar I would be saying the same thing.

Also, I’m not doing anything different now, I’m only dropping some rules 2 weeks after my second shot as I know I’m not fully protected yet.

Last edited:

dreday3

For the 5%-6% for whom the vaccine is not effective, the bolded statement is certainly true. At this point, it is not known either way for people who have the vaccine and don't get sick. If the people who have taken the vaccine and don't get sick can still spread the virus, then herd immunity can never be reached.

This is why it's so important for anyone who is able to get vaccinated to do it.
I'm very disappointed in those choosing not to get vaccinated. (not those who can't)

yensidtlaw1969

Well most of the people are healthcare workers currently, so they should know. However, once it has been two weeks since my second shot I will very much start doing things I haven’t done in nearly 11 months:

-I’m going to go back to just wearing a surgical mask outside the Covid ward instead of the N95 mask I wear now (surgical masks are what my hospital currently recommends)
-I’m going to eat lunch in my team room, potentially with other people there instead of eating alone in an empty room
-I’m going to start going into stores other then grocery stores again
-I’m going to eat at a restaurant
-I’m going to fly on a plane
-I’m going to Disney World
-I’m also going to see more of my family members

Things I will continue to do:
-Wear a mask in public places
-Follow any guidelines required of me by governments or private entities
-I’m going to continue to vigorously wash/sanitize my hands before eating or touching my face

There will be a 94% risk reduction in me getting Covid and a near zero chance of me getting severe Covid. It is not right nor reasonable to ask me to continue to take the severe precautions I have taken since this started. I’m not going to go back to normal fully yet, but I’m turning the dial that way. I’ve managed to work in an extremely dangerous environment and not get Covid.

More to the point, I also feel broadcasting the differences between pre and post vaccinated me is a public service message I think will help the drive to convince others to get vaccinated, but I also know there is a selfish component to it. At this point, after this year I don’t really care though.
You may still have the ability to transmit the virus to others. You could still kill people.

If you're a healthcare worker, how do you not realize this?

DisneyDebRob

Who was claiming it’s getting better ? C’mon America, pull yourselves together.

View attachment 522783
Regarding your first 2 sentences.. have you seen our country lately Martin? Pulling ourselves together seems virtually impossible right now with Covid or anything. That ship has sailed..that train left the station..insert whatever other one you can come up with. We can only hope that soon we get some much needed calmness and maybe we can get moving on some of this stuff.

Touchdown

You still have the ability to transmit the virus to others. You could still kill people.

If you're a healthcare worker, how do you not realize this?

1. I’m still going to wear a mask
2. I’m going to follow every law
3. See my other posts, if this vaccine does not severely limit if not outright prevent transmission we are well and truly screwed as a species. It also would be the first vaccine in history not to do this, by its very nature it has to do this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding your first 2 sentences.. have you seen our country lately Martin? Pulling ourselves together seems virtually impossible right now with Covid or anything. That ship has sailed..that train left the station..insert whatever other one you can come up with. We can only hope that soon we get some much needed calmness and maybe we can get moving on some of this stuff.
Yeah. It was wishful thinking in some respects. I watched CNN well into the night on Wednesday. Shocking.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That’s exactly my point...as long as things are not certain, verified...you stay the course.

“Economy” over health has been proven a failure.
“Individual choice/responsibility” over community focus has failed.

It is what it is. The world we are in right now. Not a constitutional law debate. If anything has been proven this week...it’s that the people absolutely can not be blanket trusted. Case by case basis.

Stay the course. Or if you haven’t...find one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. It was wishful thinking in some respects. I watched CNN well into the night on Wednesday. Shocking.

They are very melodramatic about covid...

What they haven’t done is lie about the governmental issues. Start with the truth, then go off the rails on opinion...don’t let the advertising department determine the truth.

Welcome to America 🇺🇸

(Sorry...”the United States”....it’s a pet peeve of mine when leaders don’t call the actual country by its actual legal name)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looks like they are still planning on following all the guidelines, still wearing masks and I'm assuming still social distancing to protect others.

Am I wrong?

No...you’re right.

Because Disney still has lawyers and still has SOME Brains in management.

They are going to go along with “Florida leisure mob” mentality.

I bet they aren’t comfortable with how far they went down that road already.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On a personal note...I’m in the queue to be vaccinated in two weeks (I do government emergency response work at times and i’m a Type 1)...

Drive through inoculation...no internal contact with caregivers...limited waste of PPE...threat mitigation.

If...IF...that holds and there aren’t delays. Thank you, State of New Jersey for being adults and trying to work the problem.

(Hint)

dreday3

On a personal note...I’m in the queue to be vaccinated in two weeks (I do government emergency response work at times and in a Type 1)...

Drive through inoculation...no internal contact with caregivers...limited waste of PPE...threat mitigation.

If...IF...that holds and there aren’t delays. Thank you, State of New Jersey for being adults and trying to work the problem.

(Hint)

Most every state is trying to work things out on their own.

I don't blame the states in this...but I sure have hope for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom