Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

It's been a could weeks since the European countries started locking down again. I was curious, but it looks like it is helping (https://nypost.com/2020/11/13/new-covid-cases-plummet-in-france-amid-second-lockdown-week/)

Although some articles seem to say that many are flouting the rules. At least enough are following the recommendations to make a difference. Death rates are still really, really high.
It is helping in Europe but its so frustrating because Americans will never accept that level of shutdown.

UNCgolf

If you’ll notice my handy chart above...

The top 5 in cases are ranked 2,1,4,3 and 5 in population....

But if one were to go down it...they’d notice the ones with more deer than people by a lot have the highest percentages.

You can also see that the states that I know have been stricter about masks, shutdowns, etc. (New York, California, and North Carolina) are all under 3% of the population.

Not sure about Ohio, which also has a low percentage, or Illinois, which has a much higher one.

SamusAranX

You can also see that the states that I know have been stricter about masks, shutdowns, etc. (New York, California, and North Carolina) are all under 3% of the population.

Not sure about Ohio, which also has a low percentage, or Illinois, which has a much higher one.
Therein lies some confusion. States like Illinois and Cali with strict mask mandates, closures, etc are also surging

Jrb1979

To change the subject a bit. This doesn't look good for Disney and the financial situation.

oceanbreeze77

To change the subject a bit. This doesn't look good for Disney and the financial situation.
its interesting how they never get mad at China or France for having to close

Sir_Cliff

It's been a could weeks since the European countries started locking down again. I was curious, but it looks like it is helping (https://nypost.com/2020/11/13/new-covid-cases-plummet-in-france-amid-second-lockdown-week/)

Although some articles seem to say that many are flouting the rules. At least enough are following the recommendations to make a difference. Death rates are still really, really high.
Here in the Netherlands they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to implement any measures as the country grew to have one of the highest per capita rates in Europe. Finally, they closed restaurants, bars, cinemas, etc. over the past month and started pushing masks in indoor spaces after being ambivalent about them since the beginning of the pandemic.

Looking at the figures, it seems like finally taking the situation seriously has had a noticeable impact:

coronavirus-data-explorer-4.png

JoeCamel

Here in the Netherlands they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to implement any measures as the country grew to have one of the highest per capita rates in Europe. Finally, they closed restaurants, bars, cinemas, etc. over the past month and started pushing masks in indoor spaces after being ambivalent about them since the beginning of the pandemic.

Looking at the figures, it seems like finally taking the situation seriously has had a noticeable impact:

View attachment 512797
I hope that curve continues for you,

Kman

I thought we were discussing individuals when we were discussing, "Things always work out for us” because of our name and history"

As for countries, I was lucky enough to have been born in the United States 🇺🇸. We have our problems, but the USA is the greatest country on the face of the earth and yes the USA spends billions and billions helping other countries.

One of the many things great about the USA is if you don’t like it here, you are free to leave.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
USA! USA! 🙄

lazyboy97o

its interesting how they never get mad at China or France for having to close
I’m starting to think there is a bit of having your cake and eating it too going on with California. Despite all of the foot stop none of the operators have done much of anything. It has been nearly four weeks since the guidelines were released. Despite some early talk of considering legal action nothing has happened. There seems to be some but into Disney blaming bad news on California, so there is some benefit to Disney.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A great article that outlines the current/impending health crisis from the perspective of health care providers.

I have yet to hear how people in the "we just need to live with the virus" would suggest we deal with this issue.

lazyboy97o

They will never be sick enough to need a hospital so it is of no concern to them. If you listen to what they say.
Just live your life and I'll live mine is how the refrain goes I think
They have also denied it as a possibility or reality. Despite hospitals running at extended surge capacity during the summer, typically the slowest time of year, hospitals being overwhelmed “didn’t” happen. If things do get bad it pairs nicely with “they were going to die anyway.” A part of me wishes we could triage based on attitudes, dismiss the situation as not a problem means volunteering to be last in line if you need medical care.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They will never be sick enough to need a hospital so it is of no concern to them. If you listen to what they say.
Just live your life and I'll live mine is how the refrain goes I think

You act as if modern medicine is an exact practice and all treatments work equally well for all recipients. It's more of a percentage game than most would like to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom