Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 57 new deaths reported.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.24.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.22.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.22.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.22.59 AM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any Epcot evening show that has stuff happening on the lake would make people crowd along the shore to see it.

A completely new Epcot show can happen in my estimation if they forego doing anything on the lake and just throw the fireworks up in the air. In that case, people can spread out and watch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In normal life, yes...in Covid world for this coming holiday season it could work. It will be dark before 6PM starting next weekend so no issue there and EPCOT is one of the least crowded parks. It would give them a way to draw people away from DHS/SW land and MK and even out crowds. If they bring back any type of night show I agree with @Touchdown that EPCOT makes the most sense and having an earlier start fixes the mad rush to transportation issue as people would be more staggered leaving the park. Cost considerations aside, it’s a pretty solid plan from a crowd control and social distancing standpoint.
I’m not disputing your points...make sense.

But my stance is they have ZERO reason to try and increase anything. None. Their “responsibility” is to operate without adding to costs. That’s what they’re doing and largely being rewarded for it.

Mark52479

Big data dump of results today. We saw that coming yesterday.

The numbers were off yesterday so it was easy to predict a big data dump was coming

and today it happened

quest diagnostics dumped over 3,800 results today that were from over 2 weeks ago

Florida really needs to do something about these labs reporting so late.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

Big data dump of results today. We saw that coming yesterday.

The numbers were off yesterday so it was easy to predict a big data dump was coming

and today it happened

quest diagnostics dumped over 3,800 results today that were from over 2 weeks ago

Florida really needs to do something about these labs reporting so late.
Where did you see this info? I didn’t see a disclaimer/footnote on DC’s post but I could have missed it

Seanual757

Southwest will no longer be blocking middle seats starting December 1st - they have tweeted out the reasons in this thread below.

Most if not airlines will be doing this on a typical SWA 737 that is a net increase of 60 seats to fill and thy do not need to add another flight to cover the lost seats over 3 total flights.

JoeCamel

Southwest will no longer be blocking middle seats starting December 1st - they have tweeted out the reasons in this thread below.

Most if not airlines will be doing this on a typical SWA 737 that is a net increase of 60 seats to fill and thy do not need to add another flight to cover the lost seats over 3 total flights.
I think they are relying heavily on this study reported by NPR a few days ago.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Where did you see this info? I didn’t see a disclaimer/footnote on DC’s post but I could have missed it
They have done notations in the past when there were large data dumps/errors, but they did not include any with this one. As noted above, it looks like a news station has gotten a comment. There hasn't been a press released posted from the FDOH today.

Mark52479

Today Orange County convention with ALL positives and NO negatives.

Yesterday ALL negatives NO Positives

again you can see things not aligned correctly.

I think we will see BIG fluctuations for a couple of days

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 63

ToTBellHop

Great news on the vaccine front today: Moderna has successfully filled its Phase 3 trial with 30k people. All have received 1st dose. Over 25k have received 2nd. 37% are minority. To provide context for those interested, in order to produce statistically significant findings here, we now wait for 53 or more study participants to contract COVID-19. That is not expected to take very long given the current rate of spread (mid-November is the estimate). Then they compare the number infected who had received the vaccines versus those who receive the placebo. The goal is that no more than 13 out of the 53 will have received the vaccines. That would represent a 75% effective vaccine. Let’s hope it goes well! Imagine how proud to be an American you could be in two-months time to be in the nation where the first successful COVID-19 vaccine was developed.

Kevin_W

We are a family of 3, so we fill an entire row on a 737 anyway! And if the flight isn't full, the middle seats will tend to remain open anyway with SW's open boarding.

Kevin_W

Great news on the vaccine front today: Moderna has successfully filled its Phase 3 trial with 30k people. All have received 1st dose. Over 25k have received 2nd. 37% are minority. To provide context for those interested, in order to produce statistically significant findings here, we now wait for 53 or more study participants to contract COVID-19. That is not expected to take very long given the current rate of spread (mid-November is the estimate). Then they compare the number infected who had received the vaccines versus those who receive the placebo. The goal is that no more than 13 out of the 53 will have received the vaccines. That would represent a 75% effective vaccine. Let’s hope it goes well! Imagine how proud to be an American you could be in two-months time to be in the nation where the first successful COVID-19 vaccine was developed.

Indeed, good news.

Any news on the Chinese and Russian vaccines that were supposed to be given to many people in their countries a few months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom