Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

I love this discussion. It makes me laugh.

If we all realize one thing, one side WILL NEVER convince the other of their point of view.

It doesn't matter if you are on the side of Covid is the most deadly thing ever or if Covid is BS. We will never convince each other of the other side.

So how does this effect Disney? We will have to wait and see.
Some of us are adults and can actually be persuaded to adjust our opinions given sufficient evidence. But thanks for your input.

DCBaker

Premium Member
In his presser this afternoon, Governor Newsom mentioned that Dr. Ghaly will be discussing reopening guidelines for theme parks tomorrow.

However, at the same time, he mentioned they will "break up the theme parks" in regards to guidelines. Not sure if they will only be talking about smaller parks guidelines tomorrow or just that there may be different tiers depending on park size.

Rteetz

In his presser this afternoon, Governor Newsom mentioned that Dr. Ghaly will be discussing reopening guidelines for theme parks tomorrow.

However, at the same time, he mentioned they will "break up the theme parks" in regards to guidelines. Not sure if they will only be talking about smaller parks guidelines tomorrow or everything.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the full quote...

"We’re being very sober, and stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines. Tomorrow, Dr. Gahly will update you on some of those industry guidelines including sports and some of these theme parks.

We’re going to break up the theme parks. It’s not just one or two brands. It’s many different different parts that are part of the theme park industry.

Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first, data-driven decision making process."

oceanbreeze77

Here's the full quote...

"We’re being very sober, and stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines. Tomorrow, Dr. Gahly will update you on some of those industry guidelines including sports and some of these theme parks.

We’re going to break up the theme parks. It’s not just one or two brands. It’s many different different parts that are part of the theme park industry.

Again, I hope one recognizes our stubbornness on a health-first, data-driven decision making process."

as a Californian, I'm very happy with the stubbornness.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I love this discussion. It makes me laugh.

If we all realize one thing, one side WILL NEVER convince the other of their point of view.

It doesn't matter if you are on the side of Covid is the most deadly thing ever or if Covid is BS. We will never convince each other of the other side.

So how does this effect Disney? We will have to wait and see.
Why would the goal be to convince the other side of anything? It’s a conversation not a hostage negotiation. It’s ok for people to have different opinions and different ways to view things.

I don’t think we need to wait to see the impact on WDW. Shorter park hours, reduced experiences, no water parks, half the hotel rooms moth balled, scaled back holiday offerings, all direct impacts of Covid right now. The potential delay into 2022 of Tron and GoTG plus Poly staying closed until next July are ominous signs that the recovery won’t be quick or easy, even if a vaccine comes along soon.
And the daily posting of the infection and death numbers does not help. Can we stop?
Help with what?

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
As expected -

Expected but still devastating. It's been 9 months since I've seen my fiancé; but I recently applied for a temporary visitor's "pass", hoping to hear something soon. 🙏 It's funny, we met when I worked at Epcot almost three years and chose to take things slow and not "rush" into immigration....well jokes on us now 🤣 Thank goodness we aren't in the age of communication by letters only 😅

DCBaker

Premium Member
Interesting how PUB's are not mentioned. Just noticing

"Bars and restaurants will only be able to provide a takeaway service"

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.08.55 PM.png

MrPromey

Another idea would be to offer more than three like maybe six for Disney resort guests and then continue with everyone else at 30 days out.

They have nowhere near the needed attraction capacity to offer something like this. Think about how this would impact 3 out of the 4 parks with what is available, today?.. Not to mention, if you had 6 fastpasses, why would you need more than a couple of hours in Epcot or Hollywood Studios?.. Animal Kingdom could be stretched further due to the meandering and looking at animals but even that would become something less than a half-day park to most.

If they did something like this, how does Disney convince you to stay in those overpriced rooms for a week?

Heppenheimer

Expected but still devastating. It's been 9 months since I've seen my fiancé; but I recently applied for a temporary visitor's "pass", hoping to hear something soon. 🙏 It's funny, we met when I worked at Epcot almost three years and chose to take things slow and not "rush" into immigration....well jokes on us now 🤣 Thank goodness we aren't in the age of communication by letters only 😅
My sympathies. My wife is Canadian (and an immigrant from Germany even before that), and fortunately we finalized all the paperwork to have her legally live here long before the pandemic. But she hasn't seem her family in over a year now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the reporting from OCR -

"Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks closed in mid-March amid the COVID-19 pandemic and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

Newsom said last week that he anticipated his administration will issue separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state.

“I am very mindful, for example — if you have a park, in a city, with a Ferris wheel — that that’s not a ‘theme park’ in the sense so many of us consider,” Newsom said last week. “So one has to distinguish between the two.”

Disney, Universal and other large theme parks in California are not expected to be included in the guidelines for smaller amusement parks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom