Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

I agree. Anyways I am happy the worst case doomsday scenario is not being played out. Sometimes we focus on everything being done wrong, but there is a lot being done right. The Pandemic could be a whole lot worse.
It could be a whole lot worse, agreed. It also could have been a lot better. I mean with close to a thousand deaths a day, it seems everyone has just got used to it. I’ll say it again.. close to a thousand a day. We have become immune to the figures. It’s a shame there is still talk about it not being bad.. or worse..”not a pandemic “.

Touchdown

It would be great if they emailed that survey to previous vacation guests as well who vacationed recently (prior to the pandemic). If they really cared about our thoughts...

Yeah but that would contain a lot of once in a lifetime visits. I hope this is a sign they have noticed a lot of loss of “whales” (frequent guests who spend a lot of money, I stay at deluxe resorts, eat at least one TS a day, go to holiday parties, and have done a few VIP experiences) and them trying to figure out why we aren’t coming back.

GimpYancIent

In the world of reality WDW is functioning quite well and dealing with COVID19 with well thought out protocols, procedures and policies. As is expected Disney management is working to refine everything to be more efficient, cost effective and provide the guests with a uniquely Disney experience. A lot of work needs to be done to return the Disney properties to the world class level they were at pre-COVID19 but I can see a positive focus on what needs to be done. The constant bombardment of fluctuating data and the broad spectrum of interpretations have not obscured the goals that need to be achieved. In short every person is entitled to their opinion, that said, it is an opinion! There are many and YOU GUESSED IT all do not agree. It is imperative to stay focused on what needs to be done and not all the noise. Yes, all of this back and forth has finally merged together into just noise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would be great if they emailed that survey to previous vacation guests as well who vacationed recently (prior to the pandemic). If they really cared about our thoughts...

My sense is they won’t be in “research” mode until the new realities of travel shake out.

As long as Wall Street is ok with what they’re doing (they are...check the ticker)...then they’ll let you come to them.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 54 new reported deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.03.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.03.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.03.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.03.45 AM.png

rowrbazzle

I agree. Anyways I am happy the worst case doomsday scenario is not being played out. Sometimes we focus on everything being done wrong, but there is a lot being done right. The Pandemic could be a whole lot worse.
Indeed. For instance, I've been very pleased to see how well things have gone (in general) with regard to schools reopening. Universities have had issues, but elementary - high schools seem to be having success.

I know it's been a huge difference for my young kids being in person versus online and there have been very few infections across the district. I'm hoping that some of the larger districts with low infection rates in their cities will follow suit.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I didn't say covid was alleged. I said the pandemic was alleged. The common cold can infect up towards 1 billion people per year. And what does the media primarily focus on? Positives cases, not deaths.

Remember the videos of asian people dropping dead in the streets when the virus started in China? The videos that had people panicking? The videos that had everybody thinking they would be next to drop dead while walking to the subway? Why haven't we seen that anywhere else? Why have no other countries had videos of a man or woman walking the street and collapsing from covid? Because that's not real. But it was shown over and over and over again in the beginning and people got scared. Now they CONSTANTLY talk about positive cases, not deaths and especially not survival rates. Why? Because it doesn't seem as scary to talk about survival.

People won't continually tune in for survival rates. They will however, continue to tune in for updates on how many people have died. They will continually tune in for updates on how they can prevent themselves from dying. I see masks littering the streets every day. The same people who will claim they wear the mask to prevent spreading the disease are the same people discarding their mask in the grocery store parking lot. They are selfish and only care about themselves. A majority of people wearing masks actually think the mask will prevent them from catching covid. They don't wear it because they are trying to protect others.

But yes, I know, comparing covid to the common cold is not allowed.

We are not in a pandemic. Comparisons to other infections and death rates prove it.
Still singing this song? Still?

mmascari

As has been the rumor for awhile, FP+ isn't coming back like it was. From what's been said it will most likely be a paid system. I can see the reservation system staying but with no capacity limits it will be easy to book a park. For that matter if you wanted to hop to another park you book it that day while in the park.

I'm sure park hopping will return even if the park reservation system stays. It would be easy to implement. Once you are in your first park you go onto MDE and pick the park you want to hop to. It really isn't such a bad thing.

What's the point of a reservation system if there's no capacity limit? Likewise, if you can reserve more than one park for the same day?

It doesn't tell us anything if someone can simply reserve every park for every day of their trip, which is what the prior park hopper allowed.

If there are capacity limits, hopping still doesn't work. Reserving every park for every day just in case, consumes all the capacity with nobody in some parks. Limiting to reserving the second park right before you hop and dropping the first doesn't work because if they're all full you'll never be able to switch.

I always thought they would go that way. Offering 30 extra days to book didn’t seem like a great incentive to stay on site but making it exclusive would. I guess they were trying to keep everyone happy. I’d actually think the best way to do it would be to offer resort guests 60 days advance, but make less availability up front then offer additional reservations that open up the day of visit to everyone similar to max pass at DLR. Then you solve the issue with AP holders and also allow everyone a shot at waiting until the day of to decide what park to visit without missing out on FP reservations. At the same time it gives resort guests a huge advantage possibly worth paying more for.
While I don't mind the option of allowing people 30 or 60 days, my personal preference would be if they restricted some FP capacity and released it right before. Something like 5:00 PM day before for on site guests, 9:00 PM day before for AP, and Midnight for everyone else. Maybe even later than those.

We like to plan each day based on the weather too. Trying to predict months in advance is very limiting. But, it doesn't bother me if others like it that way and I wouldn't want to completely remove that option for them.

Which is sort of how the park reservation has been working, based on daily changes where new capacity is released for different groups. It would be nice if instead of being a surprise, it was simply planned that they would reserve some for those options. They wouldn't have to publish how much is reserved and could still use it to manage overall capacity. But, it would be nice to know that last minute people still had a chance, even if it's a small one.

oceanbreeze77

I'm really worried about what the case counts will be over the next 2/3 weeks. Last week was just over 70,000, I'm wondering if we will actually reach 100,000 within the next 4 weeks.

The beginning of the last peak (July) was around 40/50,000 ending closer to 70,000.

This peak is starting at 65/70,000.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So the nation-wide conspiracy in red states and blue states at every hospital, county, and state health department has been churning out 700 - 1,000 fake COVID death certificates every day for a solid three months. They must be very dedicated to... <shrug> whatever it is they hope to get out of it....

1603130665721.png

Last edited:

Angelo721

I love this discussion. It makes me laugh.

If we all realize one thing, one side WILL NEVER convince the other of their point of view.

It doesn't matter if you are on the side of Covid is the most deadly thing ever or if Covid is BS. We will never convince each other of the other side.

So how does this effect Disney? We will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom