President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let's conjugate "information"...

I have deepened the expanse of my knowledge.​
You have updated your malformed opinions.​
He, She, or They have been lying to us the whole time!!​

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Honest question here regarding dining, as it could change how people feel about the risk of places like Tony’s, Plaza Restaurant or the backside (dining room away from the bar) of Rose&Crown (and I’m sure a few others):

Most of us are familiar with establishments that are indoors in that there are walls and a ceiling. But then the space is adaptable to an al fresco-ish situation with garage door style partitions or massive windows so that diners get more fresh air than a traditional dining room, while still being largely protected from the elements. Is this an “in between” solution, or solidly indoors or out?

Not an exact answer to your question but my state, NJ, defines "outdoor dining" to include a space with "at least two open sides and at least 50 percent of the "wall" space open to the outdoors."

John park hopper

Just heard on the news great Britain is experiencing an increase in corona virus cases and may be an exponential increase. Supposed cause for our stock market being way down today. Whether this is true or not I have no idea as I take the "news" with a big grain of salt

Lilofan

Not an exact answer to your question but my state, NJ, defines "outdoor dining" to include a space with "at least two open sides and at least 50 percent of the "wall" space open to the outdoors."
Outdoor dining in several weeks in NJ would probably require breaking out the winter wear so one doesn't freeze while eating.

lazyboy97o

One area where I would hope this might lead to some change is in what has of late been typically labeled as "sustainable" or "green" design. The advent of the air conditioner changed how buildings were designed, with consideration to ventilation being abandoned in favor of using mechanical systems. This change was accelerated in the 1970s in response to the energy crisis, but instead of going back to ventilation buildings were just sealed up tighter to make the mechanical systems more efficient than they were but always assuming their prominence. So much of the US's built environment is now boxes dropped down with little serious consideration for their location with an HVAC system slapped on. Places like restaurants with a "green" design would likely be less of a concern with indoor dining as they would utilize more natural ventilation.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Texas hospitalizations continue to decline. Getting close to below 3k for the first time since June.
5CFB732E-A108-4CD7-8DBF-6BA1A522F871.jpeg

Kevin_W

Texas hospitalizations continue to decline. Getting close to below 3k for the first time since June.
View attachment 499331

Good news. It seems to be trend that hospitalizations are dropping, even as cases level off. As we mused hundreds of pages ago, perhaps it's just that the younger/healthier are getting infected now or that the treatments are better so that fewer are hospitalized or for shorter time. Or perhaps the virus has mutated - I know some scientists have posited that, but I think it's far from accepted.

France is an interesting case. In April they peaked at ~4500 cases per day (7-day average) and hospitalizations peaked at >32,000 people simultaneously hospitalized. The current "second surge" in France currently is at >10,000 cases per day, yet only ~5,000 people are hospitalized. I'm sure some is also due to vastly increased testing leading to identification of more mild cases, but # of hospitalizations changing by an order of magnitude relative to cases is striking.

Heppenheimer

Good news. It seems to be trend that hospitalizations are dropping, even as cases level off. As we mused hundreds of pages ago, perhaps it's just that the younger/healthier are getting infected now or that the treatments are better so that fewer are hospitalized or for shorter time. Or perhaps the virus has mutated - I know some scientists have posited that, but I think it's far from accepted.

France is an interesting case. In April they peaked at ~4500 cases per day (7-day average) and hospitalizations peaked at >32,000 people simultaneously hospitalized. The current "second surge" in France currently is at >10,000 cases per day, yet only ~5,000 people are hospitalized. I'm sure some is also due to vastly increased testing leading to identification of more mild cases, but # of hospitalizations changing by an order of magnitude relative to cases is striking.
Total hospitalizations vs. number of hospitalizations on a given day might be an interesting metric, because we still have essentially nothing other than supportive care to offer for people in the out-patient setting. We're not doing anything in particular that makes a given case more or less likely to need hospital care, but our treatment of hospitalized patients has improved.

DisneyDebRob

Wow, I am glad today, September 21, the CDC just announced COVID is airborne! I would not have known otherwise 😐
You laugh and I understand it but I’m betting half the country, and I see it everyday on the news and online, still have no clue how it spreads or where there is more risk. And I think that’s the scariest part of this whole thing.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
You laugh and I understand it but I’m betting half the country, and I see it everyday on the news and online, still have no clue how it spreads or where there is more risk. And I think that’s the scariest part of this whole thing.

Even if they do know, they choose to ignore it. Ignorance is bliss and then you die. Or, life's a beach and then you die. Or, life's a beach where you ignore the virus and then you die. Or recover. I don't know, I'm so discombobulated by stupidity that my own center of gravity is somewhere in the south seas.

Also, I still love this with all my heart. Those were the days, my friend, I knew y'all were wrong back then. But so it goes, forever and a day:

There's not much Disney can really do to prepare.
Many more people get the flu each year and go into the parks infected whether they know it or not and in turn infect others and the flu is pretty deadly.
Also the key population of who has passed away from the virus is older men who already had pre existing conditions particularly respiratory conditions usually from smoking.
Did you avoid Disney during SARS or H1N1 or Zika or Ebola....? If so then avoid Disney now. If not then don't avoid Disney.
Use common sense and wash your hands etc.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Even if they do know, they choose to ignore it. Ignorance is bliss and then you die. Or, life's a beach and then you die. Or, life's a beach where you ignore the virus and then you die. Or recover. I don't know, I'm so discombobulated by stupidity that my own center of gravity is somewhere in the south seas.

Also, I still love this with all my heart. Those were the days, my friend, I knew y'all were wrong back then. But so it goes, forever and a day.
So is death the only outcome now? :joyfull:

Heppenheimer

Wow, I am glad today, September 21, the CDC just announced COVID is airborne! I would not have known otherwise 😐
"Aiborne" has a specific meaning beyond that it merely floats in the air. It means a pathogen can spread independent of hitching a ride on large respiratory secretions.

The term has more meaning for infection control procedures in hospitals than it does for the general population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom