Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

for some of us who have been paying attention we will ask the question, "is water wet?"

But for others here is your confirmation ( I have added 2 sources for the "hAhAhA cNn" crowd)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
for some of us who have been paying attention we will ask the question, "is water wet?"

But for others here is your confirmation

Let me see the data on this. Unproven. Biased. Who actually wrote this and where do their allegiances lie? The CDC is corrupt. The CDC was wrong from the beginning. Why believe them now?*

I thought I’d say it before anyone else does.

*sarcasm

SamusAranX

But for others here is your confirmation ( I have added 2 sources for the "hAhAhA cNn/nBc" crowd)

Kind of agree with you there, not sure how this news.

I've been avoiding indoor dining for exactly this reason

EDIT: also, as an aside, kind of makes a mockery of the whole 6 ft apart rule even outdoors, if the virus can travel further as the articles outline.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

But for others here is your confirmation ( I have added 2 sources for the "hAhAhA cNn/nBc" crowd)

Sometimes it is nice to just post an article without a cheap shot at a straw man.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
EDIT: also, as an aside, kind of makes a mockery of the whole 6 ft apart rule even outdoors, if the virus can travel further as the articles outline.
It says it can travel further. Which I never really doubted personally. But it doesn’t say how often this occurs. I imagine that is harder to say. I’m not sure how this updated guidance changes anything for the average person.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
[

It's their immature way of saying they disagree. They never learned to use their words.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: [39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

oceanbreeze77

It says it can travel further. Which I never really doubted personally. But it doesn’t say how often this occurs. I imagine that is harder to say. I’m not sure how this updated guidance changes anything for the average person.
Without sounding too political, I think (hope) the CDC is starting to realize the politicalization is not helping their credit. Ive noticed a pattern of reality coming out directly from the CDC over the last few weeks (Vaccine info, masks, and now this) a major shift in tone from what we have been witnessing over the last few months.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That is my thinking as well. If you were assuming risk by eating indoors anyway, this really doesn't change that risk tolerance. I have started eating indoors because well, its typically empty and the patios are typically full, so yes I am taking on a certain level of risk but at a certain point I don't think patios are much safer when packed in.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.09.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.09.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.09.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.10.05 AM.png

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think it does. Studies about how a virus is transmitted focus on the detectability of molecules at a certain distance or for a certain length of time. They don't address whether the amount of virus detectable at 10 feet away or 72 hours after someone touches something is sufficient to cause an infection. From what I've read, viral load is important - recent reports on face masks say they may protect the wearer by preventing them from getting enough of the virus to make them sick even when they are in close contact with an infected person.

DisneyCane

I don't think it does. Studies about how a virus is transmitted focus on the detectability of molecules at a certain distance or for a certain length of time. They don't address whether the amount of virus detectable at 10 feet away or 72 hours after someone touches something is sufficient to cause an infection. From what I've read, viral load is important - recent reports on face masks say they may protect the wearer by preventing them from getting enough of the virus to make them sick even when they are in close contact with an infected person.

They still don't know with certainty exactly how the flu is spread. The only way to really get that kind of specific info would be to somehow get healthy volunteers to be put into various environments with infected people and do a big study to figure out what it takes to actually transmit it.

Since nobody is going to volunteer for that, all they can really do is use hindsight studies to try and figure out how somebody was infected and what type of contact they were in with the person they likely got it from.

The six feet thing comes from historical best practices for airborne disease transmission. I was watching a Netflix documentary about the Challenger accident and while the astronauts were in the pre-mission quarantine, Christa McAuliffe was on a bicycle and told whoever was filming her to stay six feet away because she is in quarantine.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Even with the short hours? I would think that with only 8 hrs per day of park time, that taking the hour or so wouldn't be worth the time. (Though DHS - Epcot is probably more like 30 minutes, including walking out of park, transiting, and walking into new park.)
We visit often so our park touring style isn't too heavily based on ride count. Strolling to Epcot for a few hours to get some food and adult beverages is a great way to end our day.

The walk from Boardwalk to HS is appx 15-20 minutes (and feels much shorter with a cold beer in hand for the journey😁), so we often head there in the evenings for dinner reservations or just to ride ToT and do some shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom